Fees at Delivery?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Yeah, I found it interesting that they broke out what all makes up the 7.15% sales tax for the truck, but not the accessories. It’s the first time I’d seen something that showed where all the sales tax revenue goes. The other interesting thing it that they seem to be collecting tax based on the county where the SC is located (Salt Lake) vs. where I live (Wasatch). Perhaps that was the error in their initial calf. Who knows.
Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Are all of these fees and taxes due on delivery or were they added on to your total financing if u r financing?
All rolled into the final purchase amount - so if you were financing 100% they would be part of that.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

My guide demanded $800 in cash before he’d give me the keys. Your guides didn’t do that??

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Man oh man, do I love Oregon.

When I moved here from Lake Tahoe (NV - not CA side), I went to the Oregon DMV to register my new Chevy Tahoe (yeah, I know). I thought there was something wrong when the clerk said, "$54 dollars, please." I actually argued with the lady as I had just paid well over $1,000 a few months earlier for the ANNUAL taxes.

A huge guy behind me yelled, "Dude! It's $54 $%# dollars for two years, get it? Or do I need to explain it to you outside?"

At that moment I realized that I wasn't in either Nevada, or Kansas, any longer.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Man oh man, do I love Oregon.

When I moved here from Lake Tahoe (NV - not CA side), I went to the Oregon DMV to register my new Chevy Tahoe (yeah, I know). I thought there was something wrong when the clerk said, "$54 dollars, please." I actually argued with the lady as I had just paid well over $1,000 a few months earlier for the ANNUAL taxes.

A huge guy behind me yelled, "Dude! It's $54 $%# dollars for two years, get it? Or do I need to explain it to you outside?"

At that moment I realized that I wasn't in either Nevada, or Kansas, any longer.
Not exactly $54 any more and this didn’t include the vehicle use and privilage tax that I had to pay seperate directly to Oregon.

Rivian R1T R1S Fees at Delivery? 652B5A6A-93FD-41BB-B0DA-2F1B5EE056A1

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Yep oregon has a special registration fee for EVs designed to capture the road tax revenue that we don't pay at the pumps.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Not exactly $54 any more and this didn’t include the vehicle use and privilage tax that I had to pay seperate directly to Oregon.

652B5A6A-93FD-41BB-B0DA-2F1B5EE056A1.png
Yep oregon has a special registration fee for EVs designed to capture the road tax revenue that we don't pay at the pumps.
Oopsie! I stand corrected, and sit when I'm told.

Now I'm even more ticked at the $50K cap on EV's to qualify for the Oregon rebate. At least the FED $7,500 tax credit still applies, at least for now. :rolleyes:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Oopsie! I stand corrected, and sit when I'm told.

Now I'm even more ticked at the $50K cap on EV's to qualify for the Oregon rebate. At least the FED $7,500 tax credit still applies, at least for now. :rolleyes:
haha.. well different times. I know I was asking a whole lot of questions when I bought my EV6 (before the Rivian), I was like what the hell are these taxes. That one technically qualified for the OR rebate but since I sold it after I got the R1T I missed out :(

OP
OP

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
My guide demanded $800 in cash before he’d give me the keys. Your guides didn’t do that??
I told you not to take delivery in Brooklyn...

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Here’s what my fully itemized statement looked like. All of the taxes and title /registration fees will be specific to your locale.

1654402896857.png
Envious of your $315 title and reg fee as a Californian...

Weirdly my doc fee is only $70 though

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Envious of your $315 title and reg fee as a Californian...

Weirdly my doc fee is only $70 though
Many states have rules about doc fees.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager

spuzach

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Ford Fusion Hybrid, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I have a "delivery" appointment for this Friday where I need to drive to the factory in Normal, IL to pick it up, and Rivian is still charging me a $1,800 "Destination Fee". My guide is saying this is a standard fee for all of their vehicles. I did not see it advertised before a couple weeks ago when I still thought I was having the car delivered to St. Louis. Does this make sense to anyone else?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Canada (more specifically BC for the win on fees and taxes)

Rivian R1T R1S Fees at Delivery? Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 08-19-05 Account Rivia

mrpl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Occupation
Technology
I have a "delivery" appointment for this Friday where I need to drive to the factory in Normal, IL to pick it up, and Rivian is still charging me a $1,800 "Destination Fee". My guide is saying this is a standard fee for all of their vehicles. I did not see it advertised before a couple weeks ago when I still thought I was having the car delivered to St. Louis. Does this make sense to anyone else?
Complete BS!!! I’m going to cancel my 2 yr old order. this is a money grab.
Sponsored