Sponsored

F-150 Lightning Order Invitation

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
At least the Lariat+ trim comes with the 80A L2 charger.
Well see, I didn't know that trim had the 80A inverter. Ugh, pretty important too though not a deal breaker for me. I can only pump 48A out at home right now.

I really need to find a good options matrix for the F150L somewhere. I might be one of those upgraded XLTs even if it doesn't make value sense. I want the smaller screen and physical A/C controls. I also really don't care for leather in work trucks.
Sponsored

dirtdiver

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord Hybrid, F350, Volt
Occupation
Engineer
I think it is funny how people point to the Lightening and how it cheap it is compared to the Rivian that is for rich people. If you want the 300 miles range on the Lightening and a few other options they push you into the Rivian price territory. I actually think you get better value on the Rivian. I also like the clean sheet of paper in the Rivian design. The motors at each wheel and the air suspension that allows height adjustment is going to be amazing. On the other hand Im expecting that Rivian will have some unexpected growing pains and Im less enthused about that. So, for me, which will cough up a truck first??

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
Looks like the Lighting is coming along faster than expected. Amazing what global scale can do.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like the Lighting is coming along faster than expected. Amazing what global scale can do.
Based on? Did they say they're ahead of production schedule? Curious if I missed something.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Based on? Did they say they're ahead of production schedule? Curious if I missed something.
I believe he's talking comparatively. Announce in June with orders in January the following year.

If Rivian was on the same schedule, these orders would have been placed in Summer 2019.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Wave 2 went out today, still nothing for me. R1T looking a lot more likely its going to beat out a possible F150 Lightning at this point, which isn't a bad thing :)

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

Just got my email today at 11:48AM PST to reserve the lightening. There was no additional mark up shown when I checked out. FYI the pro was sold out and XLT, Lariat and Platinum were still available and said “20-24 weeks” depending on options.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Wave 2 went out today, still nothing for me. R1T looking a lot more likely its going to beat out a possible F150 Lightning at this point, which isn't a bad thing :)
I’m #3 in line at my dealership with a reservation placed before the reveal event started. The dealer got one allocation for wave 1 and none for wave 2. They don’t know if they’ll get any more. Pro trim is already sold out, some dealers claim they’re being told Lariat trim will be sold out probably after wave 2 or for sure wave 3…

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I’m #3 in line at my dealership with a reservation placed before the reveal event started. The dealer got one allocation for wave 1 and none for wave 2. They don’t know if they’ll get any more. Pro trim is already sold out, some dealers claim they’re being told Lariat trim will be sold out probably after wave 2 or for sure wave 3…
If Lariat sells out soon then I have no chance of getting a truck this year. I'm only interested in Lariat. XLT isn't worth the money and paying more for Platinum for less range makes no sense to me.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
IMO, Lariat is the only trim that makes sense in terms of the crazy pricing. It is definitely the most popular choice for everyone wanting the ER battery.

If I don’t get an invite in wave 3 or if Lariat sells out, I’ll probably place an order for a new max pack R1T and convert my existing R1T order to Large Pack so I can take delivery this year. Then consider max pack in late ‘23 or ‘24 whenever it arrives. With the Bronco and now the Lightning, I think I’m done with Ford and probably dealership model shenanigans for good. If they would have just went straight down the list by time stamp without allowing dealerships to prioritize and without dropping more allocations in some areas and none in others, I might be singing a different tune. Ford is putting dealerships [their biggest and whiniest ones] ahead of customers for their high profile vehicle launches and that is no bueno.

….I have an LE order that started as an R1T. It’s currently an LE R1S configured as blue with OC interior set for delivery in September and my wife says I’m not allowed to mess with that.

Sponsored

RivianPlymouthMI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I was one of the lucky golden ticket people in wave 1 that was able to order a Pro on Jan 6th. When you spec out the Pro vs XLT Lightning you get quite the deal for $42k. Even when comparing a gas F150 XLT the Pro is a steal. But that’s why they are only making like 500 of those bad boys (similar to the 35k model 3)

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Yea, I wouldn't assume too much. I just got off the phone w/ my Ford dealer who was calling to give me a heads up to expect an email re: converting my reservation to and order.

I obviously had a lot of questions, because i'm pretty much sold on the R1T and justkeeping my options open w/ the Lightning still. He reiterated that they'd not be charging over MSRP. Asking about delivery timing and explained my position in wanting the Rivian but was keeping my options open, he mentioned that the dealers pay a penalty if I cancel my order, but that if ford can't deliver the order within 90 days, the dealers don't pay that penalty.

He said, he wasn't worried about paying the penalty and seemed very skeptical of the timelines I mentioned that I've seen online for deliveries.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
This Thursday should be wave 3. I'm preparing for disappointment again.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
This Thursday should be wave 3. I'm preparing for disappointment again.
Likewise. But to be honest the cost for the capability offered has really killed any excitement I had for the Lightning. My 270 mile Mach E has proven marginal for a few winter excursions in our dcfc challenged region and a SR Lightning will certainly be worse. If my number gets pulled Thursday I will only order one for the tax credit and as a placeholder for an R1T or Evalanche.
Sponsored