Sponsored

Estimated canceled preprorders? Estimated R1S preorders?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Based on your track record, you are going to love being under the Rivian warranty and Rivian is going to hate you!
Rivian might be safe. All of the failures they listed were with the engine/transmission... Two components that Rivian's won't have.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rivians

Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Raptor, Subaru Ascent
Occupation
Commercial Lender
Is there any concrete proof on if Adventure vs Explore models will be made first post-LE deliveries? I picked Explore because of the black mirror caps/black trim to go with glacier white seats, but I could be tempted into Adventure if it is going to be delivered first.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Is there any concrete proof on if Adventure vs Explore models will be made first post-LE deliveries? I picked Explore because of the black mirror caps/black trim to go with glacier white seats, but I could be tempted into Adventure if it is going to be delivered first.
I was originally explorer due to cost savings but swapped to adventure. My thoughts are they will produce them 1st after the LE. They share all the same parts so the lines will already be set up to build them. I saw a post in another thread that stated they will start producing Adventure trims in early 2022 before all LE are built. Not sure if that's true or not. When I finally get my guide contact I'm going to ask if switching to explorer will delay delivery. If not I might switch back. ?

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Ha! Hey.. I hear ya.. the Subaru is solid, but I did have its transmission replaced already and I've had it for just about 2 years now.

Here are some of my blunders:

2019 Tesla Model S - multiple electric issues after 50k miles.. FORTUNATELY Tesla has still covered everything out of generosity.
2017 Explorer - 3.5 engine blown out of warranty
2017 Raptor - cam phasers blown 2nd time out of warranty
2011 Durango - transmission shot out of warranty
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU - stuttering transmission out of warranty

My wife and I also put a lot of miles on our cars. It's mostly highway, but we do a fair amount of off roading which contributes to my issues.

I'm nervous about the subaru costing me $4k out of warranty before the rivian arrives.. thats some fun rivian accessories out of my pocket book!
Wow. That’s either bad luck or you are hard on vehicles.

OP
OP

Rivians

Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Raptor, Subaru Ascent
Occupation
Commercial Lender
Not that it's specific, and could have just been a customer service beat.. but.. I was told today by CS that R1S Explores(such as mine) are scheduled for deliveries in January and will be built this year as 2022 models. I asked then if this means in the next 30 to 60 days if preorders will be contacted about converting to orders for those deliveries and they indicated that yes this is true.

I really hope this is the case.. would love to potentially find out that I could receive the Rivian in Q1/Q2 next year.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
The award for comment I most want to be true goes to…
Not that it's specific, and could have just been a customer service beat.. but.. I was told today by CS that R1S Explores(such as mine) are scheduled for deliveries in January and will be built this year as 2022 models. I asked then if this means in the next 30 to 60 days if preorders will be contacted about converting to orders for those deliveries and they indicated that yes this is true.

I really hope this is the case.. would love to potentially find out that I could receive the Rivian in Q1/Q2 next year.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

I asked this exact question today (Explore R1S) and got the exact same answer. They told me that Guides would begin reaching out to Explore and Adventure reservation holders in late November and deliveries are to begin for both R1S and R1T (Adventure and Explore) in January on schedule.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

When is your order date? Did you specify your order date with them when you asked? Wondering if that is specific to someone who has a preorder from 2018 who decided against LE compared with someone who ordered in 2021.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
When is your order date? Did you specify your order date with them when you asked? Wondering if that is specific to someone who has a preorder from 2018 who decided against LE compared with someone who ordered in 2021.
They gave their generic spiel: "Your Guide will reach out when it’s time to prepare for delivery based on your configuration, location and when you placed your preorder"

agsogg

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry
Occupation
Retired
I disagree that a low price point leads to less cancellations. I committed $1k to Rivian a years ago after a lot of thought. I plunked down the $100 for the F-150 without much thought at all. I'm almost certain I'm still going with Rivian. The F-150 reservation is disposable.
As the $2,000 deposit is tefundable the amount of said deposit should not indicate commitment.

Sponsored

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
I wish we knew the cancellation rate. However, we'll never know. I just want to know my expected delivery window. I am assuming most people that don't have one feel the same. Some people will cancel because the delivery window is longer than they expected. Some will inevitably cancel because they can't afford the car by the time their window comes up.

My base assumption is there are more people willing to part with $100 that won't be able to afford the cyber truck when their window comes up. But my guess is that the ratio of people cancelling because the delivery window is longer than they expect would be similar for Rivian as it is with Tesla.

However, once Rivian starts providing delivery estimates up front, cancellations due to delivery window timing being too far out should drop significantly. This was promised by the end of 2021.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The belief that cancellation is a function of deposit amount is a false assumption. May be at the point of reservation the amount play a part in examining your commitment but once you are in, anyone at any amount is in because they could afford the deposit. I doubt that if a $1000 makes a significant difference in someone’s life, they would be looking at an $80K vehicle.

I have reservation for CT, Lightning and Rivian. The main reason for cancelling any of them is knowing that I will definitely won’t be buying one not the reservation amount. That is mostly a function of what information becomes available, like if I test drive all three and make up my mind or the availability of one is significantly different from others. Even after I purchase one, I may hold on to other reservations for a while in case I find out I have made a mistake.

I have not run any survey on this but I doubt I am alone in thinking this way.
These vehicles, CT, Lightning, and Rivian, are each unique, so different that it’s easy to justify multi-reservations AND occasional double or triple purchases where more than just one is needed, e.g. for large families or for business. What IS fun are the very choices we get to ponder; what is utterly miserable are the delays and the waiting for test drives and delivery!

Reactions: Max

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
As the $2,000 deposit is tefundable the amount of said deposit should not indicate commitment.
There was a very real chance in 2018 that a refundable deposit from a company at that time had very low capital could end up folding and unable to give a refund.
Sponsored