Sponsored

Dumb Rivian owner at Barstow RAN, hogging the trailer spot with no trailer

Virgil T2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, CR, 22s, 2017 Model X, R1S preorder
Here’s me all excited to get to the Rivian charger at Barstow, California, towing my trailer, knowing there is a very nice trailer spot to park in and charge, only to find this, single, no trailer R1T parked in it, charging with four other charges open!

Rivian R1T R1S Dumb Rivian owner at Barstow RAN, hogging the trailer spot with no trailer IMG_8675

Rivian R1T R1S Dumb Rivian owner at Barstow RAN, hogging the trailer spot with no trailer IMG_8674
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Were any of the other spots in use? Did you ask him if they would move?

I don't think publicly shaming someone for using the trailer preferred spot is the answer.

When I was in Truckee in July all spots were full and the trailer friendly spot was first to open so I used it. I happened to be there as other spots opened and someone pulled in with a trailer so I moved but had I gone over to the store or something then I don't think it would be exactly fair to be publicly shamed.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

What a poser, all those racks and nothing on them.

OP
OP
Virgil T2

Virgil T2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There’s three spots open, 4 when I got here, and nobody in the car to ask for them to move, now I’m partially blocking the entrance to the strip mall with my trailer sticking out

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

There’s three spots open, 4 when I got here, and nobody in the car to ask for them to move, now I’m partially blocking the entrance to the strip mall with my trailer sticking out
Post your photo so we can shame you too 😁

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Here’s me all excited to get to the Rivian charger at Barstow, California, towing my trailer, knowing there is a very nice trailer spot to park in and charge, only to find this, single, no trailer R1T parked in it, charging with four other charges open!

IMG_8675.jpeg

IMG_8674.jpeg
Without knowing the situation when they arrived, I’d be hesitant to jump to the conclusion that they arrived with all spots empty and chose the pull-through. It could be that the others were in use or blocked when they arrived and this was their only option.

I think we all need to develop more etiquette around charging. In particular, special feature spaces (pull-through, combined with CHAdeMO, etc.) should be the last choice if you don‘t need the special feature(s) of the space. If I‘m at a station where I’m forced to use a special feature space because the others are full, I wait with the car so I can move if the situation changes or explain that I intend to move as soon as another one opens up so someone who arrives after me and who is waiting understands that I won’t make them wait longer than necessary.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
On another note- I can't get over tall racks on rivians. They look proportionally awkward...and yes I know there are specific use cases

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'll use a trailer spot to charge, but only if I can stay with the vehicle and move if someone pulling a trailer needs it. Leaving the vehicle there unattended without a trailer is not cool.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Already been said, but before casting stones consider the site was full when they rolled in. I was at a site recently that was totally full and folks had to use the trailer pull-through as well. Because of the turnover rate by the time the trailer spot was done charging the site was mostly empty. It happens. That said, if I were forced to use the trailer spot because of that sort of situation, I'd likely hang around in case someone needed it.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Is there a clearly visible sign that says that spot is for trailers?
Yes, second picture shows it.

Edit: I find signs matter very little. I always see people pull into Disabled spots at the Superchargers when there are many open spaces.

OP
OP
Virgil T2

Virgil T2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Already been said, but before casting stones consider the site was full when they rolled in. I was at a site recently that was totally full and folks had to use the trailer pull-through as well. Because of the turnover rate by the time the trailer spot was done charging the site was mostly empty. It happens. That said, if I were forced to use the trailer spot because of that sort of situation, I'd likely hang around in case someone needed it.
Rivian R1T R1S Dumb Rivian owner at Barstow RAN, hogging the trailer spot with no trailer IMG_8676

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I been to that RAN many times; it is a very busy parking lot. All Rivian RAN that I have been to (6) had a for trailers sign.