Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

The instructions say to transfer the EXACT amount into your MS account, and no other process is given.
yes, this was done BEFORE any instructions on timing, since I know ACH from my tiny local bank can be questionable. Can't wait till the last minute and hope the transfer goes through.
Sponsored

Chilimac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron
Occupation
Retired
Odd that last step of Payment doesn't seem to recognize the money that I transferred by ACH into the new MS account setup a couple days ago. I sure hope they can transact payment through their own services. Otherwise I got to send that cash back to bank and do another ACH payment for amount due. Is anyone else seeing it that way? My balance in MS account exceeds my allocation selection by a few bucks. I would expect it to say Total Amount Due as net-zero now. I don't get it...
Same here. Page 10/10 - just clicked on ACH then nothing. Already did ACH so I expect an email to confirm.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Same here. Page 10/10 - just clicked on ACH then nothing. Already did ACH so I expect an email to confirm.
Read the small print at the bottom of the page. Login to the MS site (not DSP site) to finalize the transaction.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Read the small print at the bottom of the page. Login to the MS site (not DSP site) to finalize the transaction.
Logged into MS and donā€™t see anything obvious to do?

already have funds available in REG account. Youā€™re saying I must do more?

McRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, MXLR+, 2xVolts, MC's
Occupation
Tinkerer
It gives a " An error occured while loading market data " while trying to load the page from that link.

Sponsored

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It gives a " An error occured while loading market data " while trying to load the page from that link.
Thatā€™s odd. You can login manually (vs the link)

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Glad to see I'm not the only one on the last step for payment and confused. Same thing here, I setup links to my bank on my main account, when you click on the DSP site as instructed in the email it acts like nothing was ever linked. I was able to link my bank account there, but now I don't know which one to transfer to

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Same as you guys, it's very confusing. I emailed MS for further clarification. I had actually already created a MS account and funded it, and then realized that is apparently NOT the one that will be used for this IPO. The one called REG-#### is the one that I think is the RIVN one. So now I have put the money in both accounts, but even at that, there is nothing there that seems to indicate it is for Rivan. At least we have until the 15th. Maybe tomorrow they either respond or at some point it all becomes clear.

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician
From the other thread, someone called MS and confirmed that the funds will be deducted automatically tomorrow when the market opens so we are all good, nothing more to do.

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Same as you guys, it's very confusing. I emailed MS for further clarification. I had actually already created a MS account and funded it, and then realized that is apparently NOT the one that will be used for this IPO. The one called REG-#### is the one that I think is the RIVN one. So now I have put the money in both accounts, but even at that, there is nothing there that seems to indicate it is for Rivan. At least we have until the 15th. Maybe tomorrow they either respond or at some point it all becomes clear.
Bottom of the DSP page has a video that goes step by step on the ACH

Sponsored

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Thanks, yeah I already did the ACH and basically did it on the wrong account the first time and I think it is on the correct account now. But after filling out all the DSP stuff tonight, when I click on my account I don't see anything with Rivian. I just see the money in the account. I'm hopeful it will all resolve itself and make sense tomorrow.

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 110, Range Rover HSE
Clubs

Thanks, yeah I already did the ACH and basically did it on the wrong account the first time and I think it is on the correct account now. But after filling out all the DSP stuff tonight, when I click on my account I don't see anything with Rivian. I just see the money in the account. I'm hopeful it will all resolve itself and make sense tomorrow.
Same here. Assuming it will show up then.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
No, this is definitely bat$hit. For a moment there I contemplating just burning $13,000 and posting the video online, but part of me also wants to tell the grandkids that I was there when the stupidest IPO on record happened.

There IS a silver lining here. When they announced the IPO I actually contemplated investing $100K. Somehow the universe stepped in to save me from myself.
Stooopidest IPO everā€¦. But I confirmed all 175 shares. I got me a $13,650 bag to hold with diamond hands. Iā€™ll take delivery of my R1T on the moon ā€” see you fellow apes there. Unga bunga!

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
HAHA, LOLā€¦. My post got censored by a moderator. I suppose our mods are not up to speed with stock trade lingo. Anyway, I get it. Sorry guys if I offended.

Remember etoys? Haha
I was there for eToys, but passed on the $20 open. Picked up some later for a LOT less. Sold less than a year later when they were obviously having issues and internal turmoil. I know their stock shot all the way up to like $80 or whatever, but I was out before it hit $45. Lots of late ā€˜90s IPOs were crazy and stupid. Too many new .COMs starting up and trying to establish themselves for the sole purpose of an IPO and immediate exit strategy. Funny and crazy, but also none I can recall seeking valuations in high orbit at the opening bell. Most were penny stock classā€¦ garage companies looking to raise their first $1~3M. The .COM bubble was a phenomenon of a whole different sortā€¦. The late ā€˜90s thru early 2000ā€™s made the SEC change a whole lot of IPO rules.

So what numbers are people here currently planning on purchasing?
1000 shares at $55 or less is my initial targetā€¦. Weā€™ll see what happens. In a couple weeks if price is still steady at $78+ Iā€™ll probably pick up some smaller orders. I know Iā€™m commenting on the crazy here, but I think Rivian is going to be hugely successful over the next few years. Iā€™d be super happy owning 10K shares. Only way thatā€™s going to happen is if I cash a bunch out of Tesla on their next surge or buy a winning lottery ticket. But itā€™s still a gamble and I only play with money Iā€™m willing to lose, have to buy when funds allow and/or it makes sense. I would have bought more in this pre-order if possible, probably not much more. Like I think $15K would have been my limit. My left eye is twitching a bit over the $77B valuation and $78/share ask. Itā€™s not even that I necessarily disagree with the valuation, itā€™s that itā€™s been a $20B roller coaster of value over the last two weeks and we have no definitive info as to why. Canā€™t wait for the quiet period to end and hopefully Rivian will have some real news for all of us.
Sponsored