Sponsored

Driver+ Enabled / Mapped on Which Highways ?

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
There is special hardware used that normal people don’t have.

056824DE-2796-449E-9124-67918BF0FA00.jpeg

fun backstory, the R1T was originally going to have LIDAR included in the front bumper, near the tow hooks…. But Rivian decided not to include it. I’ve seen interviews where ‘cost‘ was cited as a reason. Around the same time their website also softened the verbiage on Driver+ capability.
There's an absolute ton of capabilities they can do now, that they aren't.
Sponsored

WalnutFarmer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tesla P85, GMC Yukon, Chevy Silverado
I wish the map in the center screen could show which roads were mapped — similar to how traffic is displayed.
Speaking of traffic, they need serious upgrades to match Tesla’s real time traffic in maps. I’ve unknowingly headed into serious stopped traffic which the R1T showed as clear sailing.

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
I55 from the factory to St. Louis was not mapped for me. Or my driver+ doesnt work

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

405 is. As is 509. 167 is. 169 is not.
I know this is an older thread but I just got my R1S. Seemed more appropriate to post here vs yet another thread.
I have tried Driver+ twice on 405 Bothell to Bellevue. At the Good2Go camera in Kirkland it tells me “approaching toll booth take control”. I was on the mainline in the center lane. As you all are aware we have no toll booth’s on 405 in Washington. Has anyone else seen this? Has it been an issue for a while? Anyway to report this stuff to improve the experience? The system works fine in my limited experience beyond this issue.

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
I know this is an older thread but I just got my R1S. Seemed more appropriate to post here vs yet another thread.
I have tried Driver+ twice on 405 Bothell to Bellevue. At the Good2Go camera in Kirkland it tells me “approaching toll booth take control”. I was on the mainline in the center lane. As you all are aware we have no toll booth’s on 405 in Washington. Has anyone else seen this? Has it been an issue for a while? Anyway to report this stuff to improve the experience? The system works fine in my limited experience beyond this issue.
I’ve had the same issue. I guess Rivian’s map data is too naive, and it just assumes any point of toll metering must be an actual toll booth that you have the drive through. It’s annoying, but I’m sure it will get better with time.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It's an issue, I've reported it. They fixed part of it, but not that yet. Please long press your hazard toll it says the data is captured and then submit a ticket andthem know it is a bug.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

What other conditions must be met for Driver+ to show as available? I know it's available on the roads around me, I used it most of my first drive home from picking her up, but now I rarely see it available when I'm driving. Sometimes the icon will show for like 5 seconds and disappear again. Just wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong? In All Purpose mode, doing 70-75mph, everything I read says that should be fine.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

What other conditions must be met for Driver+ to show as available? I know it's available on the roads around me, I used it most of my first drive home from picking her up, but now I rarely see it available when I'm driving. Sometimes the icon will show for like 5 seconds and disappear again. Just wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong? In All Purpose mode, doing 70-75mph, everything I read says that should be fine.
Also wondering this. I’m in the Denver area and Driver + has never popped up as available in this area (I70, 470, 25). Really starting to wonder if it’s an issue with my truck.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
Also wondering this. I’m in the Denver area and Driver + has never popped up as available in this area (I70, 470, 25). Really starting to wonder if it’s an issue with my truck.
it works for me on 70/470/25. There was one time a few months ago where it stopped working which a full reset fixed things. I’d try a reset if you haven’t already and if that doesn’t fix things then definitely raise a service ticket.

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
it works for me on 70/470/25. There was one time a few months ago where it stopped working which a full reset fixed things. I’d try a reset if you haven’t already and if that doesn’t fix things then definitely raise a service ticket.
Does anyone have info on I-80 anywhere along the entirety of it? It'd be helpful if Rivian could post a map of where Highway Assist is active

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I’ve had an similar issue since we got the truck. Driver+ availability is inconsistent or nonexistent. Service replaced the AXM (nav and autonomy module) and the GPS antenna but that didn’t fix it. Hope this is not the issue in your case as it seems to me that Rivian doesn’t have a solution and intermittent problems are really hard to troubleshoot.

dizzo

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Tech/Software Product Manager
Calling all Portlanders and PNW friends! Do you know if Highway 6 going tour to the coast/Tillamook is mapped for Driver+? How about Highway 26? We recently took delivery of our R1S!
Sponsored