Sponsored

Driver+ Enabled / Mapped on Which Highways ?

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs

It seems to me that Highway Assist works only on Highways which are technically limited access Freeways. In addition to the ones in Oregon mentioned, i've been able to use it on Beltline (OR-569), Delta Highway, and I-105, all in the Eugene area.

In Salem area I couldn't get it to enable on 22, but its not technically a freeway completely, so that might be why.
Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

In the Portland area: I5, I205, I84, 217, 26 (between Portland and Hillsboro) and some sections of WA SR14 east of Vancouver.
Good to hear 217 and 26 have it. I wonder how far out 26's coverage goes? Probably just to where it isn't divided any more just past the OR-6 interchange.

Is the "kind-of-limited-access" stretch of 224 or 212 on it? (I doubt it.)

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Good to hear 217 and 26 have it. I wonder how far out 26's coverage goes? Probably just to where it isn't divided any more just past the OR-6 interchange.

Is the "kind-of-limited-access" stretch of 224 or 212 on it? (I doubt it.)
26 from the tunnel until just past Cornelius Pass RD was mapped. While 26 between Gresham and Sandy is not.

zoshyii

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 19 Tesla Model 3 SR+
For Seattle area, we've experienced breaks in the mapping data that force you off Driver+ for a 1/4 - 1/2 mile at a time. This was noticed on I-5, near construction zones but not exactly aligned to the current construction activity. Usually this comes across as a driver warning 20 seconds before that the highway is ending.

The other issue with the Driver+ mapped data is that when it detects that an interchange is approaching, a driver warning will also inform you to take over. This can occur even if the vehicle is not in the exit lane for the interchange.

Even if the highway you intend to drive on is mapped for Driver+, there are multiple opportunities for disengagements that will require driver intervention.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I wish they'd decouple lane centering and adaptive cruise from Driver+. They can push iterative improvements and map more roadways for the next 5 years for all I care. Lane centering and adaptive cruise are more than enough of an "assist" for me.

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I wish they'd decouple lane centering and adaptive cruise from Driver+. They can push iterative improvements and map more roadways for the next 5 years for all I care. Lane centering and adaptive cruise are more than enough of an "assist" for me.
Completely agree here.

They should make Lane Centering/autosteer and ACC the standard ADAS functionality and then push all the 'other' upgrades to Driver+

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Completely agree here.

They should make Lane Centering/autosteer and ACC the standard ADAS functionality and then push all the 'other' upgrades to Driver+
Not to give Rivian ideas but I can see this being part of the paid Rivian "membership". You get Driver+ as it is today for free but pay $X/year and you get more customization such as ACC and Lane Centering as stand alone features.

But seriously I'm hopeful they're open to customer feedback. Using Lane Keep and ACC independent of Driver+ is clearly not a technical limitation since all the hardware is on baord and it can't be a liability issue since many other BEV/ICE vehicles have ACC and lane keep. If they want to lock these features so they can only be used when road markings are clear enough for the truck to make out that works too.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Not to give Rivian ideas but I can see this being part of the paid Rivian "membership". You get Driver+ as it is today for free but pay $X/year and you get more customization such as ACC and Lane Centering as stand alone features.

But seriously I'm hopeful they're open to customer feedback. Using Lane Keep and ACC independent of Driver+ is clearly not a technical limitation since all the hardware is on baord and it can't be a liability issue since many other BEV/ICE vehicles have ACC and lane keep. If they want to lock these features so they can only be used when road markings are clear enough for the truck to make out that works too.
Rivian would most definitely follow Tesla's FSD model with the 'Membership', where they would unlock advanced driver aids with a hands-free driving option and some remote control functionality.

I believe they have plans for a hand free drive system because they do have some sort of camera/sensors behind the rear-view mirror facing the driver. My assumption is some kind of a Blue-Cruise/Super-Cruise type system, which is probably why they are locking Driver+ to mapped HWYs right now. Feel like they put the cart before the horse here.

As far as I am concerned, they can do whatever they want with the membership option, just give me autosteer with ACC as part of the standard Driver+ functionality.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Seattle area: I-5, 16, 3, 167

I can confirm the 512 eastbound and 101 (Hood Canal area) are not mapped yet.
I've used it on 512 in both directions from 167 to Canyon. Not sure I've driven west of there since getting it.

Also 518 by the airport is mapped. Pretty sure 18 was as well. I-90 is mapped at least as far as Cle Elum, and I-405 seems to be mapped in its entirety.

I think most of the primary interstates and secondary divided freeways / state routes in the area are mapped, but for some reason it can sometimes be fussy about enabling Driver+. I'm not sure if it's conditions, trouble reconciling the map to the observations, or what... but there are definitely spots where it worked the previous week but this week it just refuses. But a half mile further down the road, the option is available again. 🤷‍♂️

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
During my first mile drive last week, I took it on 75 near Plano in Texas, as well as Sam Rayburn Tollway trying to test Driver+ and neither worked.

Sponsored

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This past weekend I was able to use it on I-20/30 between Fort Worth and Abilene, as well as the eastern end of I-44 (Turner Turnpike) between OKC and Tulsa. Driver+ is very afraid of toll booths, however - when I got close to the one on the turnpike it flashed an urgent message onscreen “Approaching toll booth, take control of vehicle”.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

509 in South Seattle is mapped, but navigation avoids it and 99 at all costs, it's very strange.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

509 in South Seattle is mapped, but navigation avoids it and 99 at all costs, it's very strange.
518 is mapped near seatac, but heads up, navigation takes you to the back/west gate. That's fun

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
518 is mapped near seatac, but heads up, navigation takes you to the back/west gate. That's fun
Yeah, I found that out the hard way a few weeks ago...

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Washington Highway 12 from Morton to 410/Naches River intersection is not mapped either direction. Nor the 410 up to Nile.
Sponsored