Clubs

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
We'll find out in a few days when he posts that he has TWO R1Ts.
My post was partly in jest, but who knows!
That user bids on everything on Cars and Bids, including other R1T and Hummer EV auctions.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

There’s more buffonery. Meanwhile, my son will be learning to drive starting next month. We have no vehicles in the fleet that he should be piloting, so there’s more to come. As an added bonus, Hyundai overtly wants $10-$15K above MSRP for the Ioniq 5. Really, a Hyundai? No offense intended but this aint an Italian supermodel. This last insult may have pushed me over the edge in Phase III, which is another personal problem not being able to control emotions.
Get a 2WD EV6, they have range over 300 miles and are not too quick for a teenager. From a quick search on Autotrader it seems some dealers are selling them as low as $500 over MSRP. If you want AWD looks like you should expect more like $3000 over but search/ask/negotiate and I bet you find one for a fair price.

Even better if you can wait and want AWD get a GV60 that comes standard with battery pre-conditioning and is the best looking of the 3 IMO. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Colorado (or Oregon) are one of the places you can order one right now.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Hey Moose... look in to a Chevy Bolt for your son. Make sure it has the replaced battery pack. You can get them at extremely reasonable prices from dealers. Good range, great safety features, easy to drive and excellent crash test ratings.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Phase 1 - same but an R1T
Phase 2 - same but a little bit different timing (worse)
Phase 3 - you are my hero

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Don't hate me cause I'm an Idiot. 1653394966493

I see you're looking for a vehicle for your son.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I mean its better than a cocaine addiction?

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
1653394966493.png

I see you're looking for a vehicle for your son.
C&B Auction that I “won”, Seller tells me a week in that their title will not be available for 4-6 more weeks in a Montana LLC tax avoidance play. Asked me to take assignment of MCO instead which CO DMV will not do, nor should anyone but a dealer. I’m dumb but not stupid.

PSA, make sure to get title squared away whether buying from Rivian or a private party.

So that’s two no trades of the most recent Rivians in C&B Auctions with private market prices “moderating” to circa $110k ish range.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

C&B Auction that I “won”, Seller tells me a week in that their title will not be available for 4-6 more weeks in a Montana LLC tax avoidance play. Asked me to take assignment of MCO instead which CO DMV will not do, nor should anyone but a dealer. I’m dumb but not stupid.

PSA, make sure to get title squared away whether buying from Rivian or a private party.

So that’s two no trades of the most recent Rivians in C&B Auctions.
I still haven't gotten the title for my Rivian yet either, almost been two months. Not super worried about it because I'm not looking to sell it, but I would be pretty annoyed if I was.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
^Per CO DMV, you can only do so as first private party buyer on a new vehicle that has yet to be titled. Private party cannot transfer MCO, just dealer.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

There’s more buffonery. Meanwhile, my son will be learning to drive starting next month. We have no vehicles in the fleet that he should be piloting, so there’s more to come. As an added bonus, Hyundai overtly wants $10-$15K above MSRP for the Ioniq 5. Really, a Hyundai?
Congrats on actually having a truck, I guess? :p

As for the Ioniq 5, there are dealers around that won't charge ADM. Possibly easier to find an EV6 without markup...my boss got one off I-25 by Longmont, IIRC. But for a kid to drive especially around Denver with tons of charging opportunities, the MINI like I have is a fantastic car and fairly inexpensive as far as EVs go. Base model is well-equiped and goes around $30k less the federal and state tax credits. It's great fun to drive, but not *too* fun. The AWD Hyundai/Kia stablemates are significantly quicker.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hey Moose... look in to a Chevy Bolt for your son. Make sure it has the replaced battery pack. You can get them at extremely reasonable prices from dealers. Good range, great safety features, easy to drive and excellent crash test ratings.
This is actually a great idea and the Bolt is one of the most efficient EVs on the market.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
^Wait, Mini has an EV? Learn something new every day here. Thanks Z.

Edit: FYI, Schomp Hyundai is doing $1,500 above MSRP for their forthcoming I5 allocations.
Sponsored

Last edited: