Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I haven't yet installed the True cooktop, but I tested it out. Max output is 1,800 but it goes in a step-wise build-up and actually displays the output. In the short testing I did, you most likely don't need the full 1,800 for cooking. I'm building my setup with Victron Inverter/charger and Battleborn LFP batteries. 5,000W is huge!
Sponsored

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Have you seen this video (742) Rivian Review no. 4 Camp Kitchen - YouTube ? At around 9:30 they go around to the driver's side and you get a good view of the sliders. They are mounted in a frame at an angle and that frame is then bolted to the tunnel.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Have you seen this video (742) Rivian Review no. 4 Camp Kitchen - YouTube ? At around 9:30 they go around to the driver's side and you get a good view of the sliders. They are mounted in a frame at an angle and that frame is then bolted to the tunnel.
I've seen photos of that stuff. Someone had taken a photo of the underneath of the slides while the kitchen was out that had the "Accuride" stamp on them, which lead me to them for the slides. I still haven't seen anything about how it's bolted in, but it seems like it might bolt into those holes with a different piece of plastic to fill the center and hide the bolts.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Wait a second.
They haven't shipped any R1T's with camp kitchens???

I had no idea. Definitely a bummer but excited to see how your project progresses. Good luck!
Nope, they remove the Camp Kitchen from your order. They promise you're on the list of buyers who wanted one, and they'll contact you down the road to buy. But it'll be at the price of when you bought your vehicle, which is nice.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm still of the opinion that a Weber Q series (electric or propane) on the gear shuttle would make a better "camp kitchen" than the actual camp kitchen.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm still of the opinion that a Weber Q series (electric or propane) on the gear shuttle would make a better "camp kitchen" than the actual camp kitchen.
The induction stove top has a lot more flexibility than a grill top in my opinion. It's probably going to be more efficient as well. I've got a little coleman two burner propane stove we've been bringing with us, but I'd rather not have to deal with a separate cooking fuel either.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Induction is faster, cools off pretty much instantly, runs off the battery, etc etc.

I have a Weber Q and would rather the actual camp kitchen 🤷‍♂️
Except for bbqing, I’d rather the bbq for that

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I've seen photos of that stuff. Someone had taken a photo of the underneath of the slides while the kitchen was out that had the "Accuride" stamp on them, which lead me to them for the slides. I still haven't seen anything about how it's bolted in, but it seems like it might bolt into those holes with a different piece of plastic to fill the center and hide the bolts.
From this photo, it looks like the slides attach to a metal frame which is bolted to the floor. The might have done this to maximize vertical height—it also might be stronger having the slides at opposite angles like that.

Rivian R1T R1S DIY Camp Kitchen (In Progress) Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 4.29.56 PM

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

From this photo, it looks like the slides attach to a metal frame which is bolted to the floor. The might have done this to maximize vertical height—it also might be stronger having the slides at opposite angles like that.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 4.29.56 PM.png
It's stronger than having them flat on the bottom, probably slightly sturdier than flat or upright, but can't hold as much weight as upright. I'm planning on a slightly steeper angle than this, but not completely upright.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Boiling water is promising.

Rivian R1T R1S DIY Camp Kitchen (In Progress) PXL_20220520_221417682

Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
That thing is so flat it might be easy to create a slide-in backet on the tailgate and just slide the induction top into it and plug it into the right rear socket as needed.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I'm not completely sure how Rivian has the gear tunnel shuttle mounted, but there are two unused threaded bolt holes on each end of the tunnel and no other threaded holes that I could find.
This seems like a perfect application for nutserts, which if you aren’t familiar, are special nuts that be blind installed into sheet metal. Build a frame that bolts to the nutserts you install in the floor and then bolt your slides to the frame.

I’ve got a couple 60” slides just waiting for my Rivian. Waiting to pull the trigger on an induction stove and fridge until I can pull measurements.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Took this pic today at the Venice hub. Camp Kitchen is slid out in this photo.

Rivian R1T R1S DIY Camp Kitchen (In Progress) 8685775C-EE58-40B2-AB0B-8FE26294A802

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Took this pic today at the Venice hub. Camp Kitchen is slid out in this photo.

8685775C-EE58-40B2-AB0B-8FE26294A802.jpeg
Thanks. They clearly have a lot of extra room in that cable track.

Dman250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Transit plus a few more, all ICE
1800W two burner induction cooktops are designed to be used on 15A circuits, 12A continuous. We have one in our van, and it can’t be used on the max setting on both burners simultaneously, but it automatically manages the power Pretty seamlessly. Ours is not a Dometic brand. This was the first time we’ve had one, we use gas at home, but we’ve used it for about 75 camping nights so far, so probably over 100 times, and really like it. And I don’t miss having to manage propane supply.
Sponsored