Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
Dunno. I tend to be a bit cynical, but I don't see malice here. I think it's just an out-of-touch Billionaire's attempt at a joke.
That could certainly be all it is. I doubt Bezos has to wait very long for much in his life. "What do you mean I can't have same day delivery on my vans? RJ!!!!!"
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I don't think that is bullying at all. Just a friendly, and very innocent, jab. Unlike us, Bezos already knows what the product delivery schedule is. At worse, Bezos is just noting the production delays.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
I took it as a friendly ribbing, but boy Bloomberg has taken to daily railing on Rivian this last week, who touched them in a bad place that works at Rivian?

Twitter is such a weird place, some comments and it's the end of the world, someone tries to make a joke, end of the world.

For all we know, they'd talked in person about how many of us are foaming at the mouth for the Truck and he poked fun at that by asking for his vans.

Regan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia, Mercedes
Occupation
Retired
I don't think that is bullying at all. Just a friendly, and very innocent, jab. Unlike us, Bezos already knows what the product delivery schedule is. At worse, Bezos is just noting the production delays.
Rather it was ribbing or not, something persuaded RJ to change his trajectory

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Rather it was ribbing or not, something persuaded RJ to change his trajectory
A single unsourced article and you jump in with both feet that there's a different vector than there was a month ago?

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

A single unsourced article and you jump in with both feet that there's a different vector than there was a month ago?
And much of what we've heard about about production came before Bezos' tweet.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Dunno. I tend to be a bit cynical, but I don't see malice here. I think it's just an out-of-touch Billionaire's attempt at a joke.
My description of him would have much more malice in it then out-of-touch Billionaire. I absolutely detest the man despite the fact that my business has profited immensely from it's Amazon affiliation and that he has objectively made my life more convenient.

I've actually considered cancelling my order based on their affiliation with the cancer that is Amazon.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Holy crap you all are REALLY that bored and have that much time on your hands? It was a tweet folks. Get over it. Weather it was for real or just friendly banter between two CEOs, let RJ handle it.

I swear, I felt I just walked into a room full of gossips losing their $hit in the midst of them hearing the latest :swear: ?

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
If I donated several hundred million dollars to a hospital, I sure would want to jump to the front of the line if I showed up at the ER with a broken wrist.....

Amazon's investment in Rivian is sure to carry some weight...

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
I agree with the comments that Bezo and Amazon more generally are likely to carry a lot of weight with Rivian in getting a certain number of vans built. However, I feel the original Bloomberg story that got picked up by other media, saying the vans were higher priority than the personal vehicles (and by implication the trucks and SUVS aren't getting built any time soon), was just lazy reporting and speculation. They offered no details to back it up, didn't quote anyone, just seemed like bone idle guessing by a reporter.

They claim, again without evidence or even an unnamed source, that Rivian's priority is 300 vans by the end of the year. Well obviously Rivian can build a moderate number of pickups in one factory line while building 300 vans in another line (5 per day in November and December?), which isn't very many. Both the van and the truck/SUV ride on the same skateboard. And who knows if that 300 figure is accurate anyway - the reporter just mentions the number without attribution.

All of the Bloomberg reporting to date on Rivian has had a negative slant, for whatever reason. Reader beware.

Sponsored

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
Some of y'all are really lacking social skills... This was tongue in cheek. Bezos knows the status. Rivians drove him to the launch pad to space (or whatever you describe where they went to as "space"). Amazon launched a video about the vans. Like... come on, y'all. Lol

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
If I donated several hundred million dollars to a hospital, I sure would want to jump to the front of the line if I showed up at the ER with a broken wrist.....
Have you ever met a charge nurse

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
All other issues with Bezos and Amazon aside - and there are plenty, Bezos didn't make or keep his money by subverting his investments. He has a history of focusing on the longer term.
Sponsored