Sponsored

Deposit Envy

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Never had this before, but met a business partner and friend yesterday for coffee. His Rivian deposit is from early 2018, mine is, er, a little more recent shall we say.

Seems as though this is getting a bit more serious as the RT1 gets delivered to those with longer deposit periods.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just have to hope that he gets an early vehicle that isn't as nice as yours I guess?

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Never had this before, but met a business partner and friend yesterday for coffee. His Rivian deposit is from early 2018, mine is, er, a little more recent shall we say.

Seems as though this is getting a bit more serious as the RT1 gets delivered to those with longer deposit periods.
A tactic: control what you can, and realize that when any of us get a super fancy vehicle doesn't really matter. No snark intended. You'll enjoy it when you get it!

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

He must have misspoke or misremembered because the earliest you could place a deposit was November 26, 2018.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Yours will come later, which is an advantage when getting any brand new thing.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Yeah, lets hope his glass roof flies off...
Right now I can't wait for a much needed vacation, in a month as soon as I get home from vacation I will be like " well that was over quick".
Congratulations on your reservation, as soon as you take your R1 on it's first adventure the past year will seem like a tiny blip.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I ran into a customer recently and somehow Rivian came up in conversation and he has a 2018 reservation. After reading this post, it made me realize how small the odds are of running into another Rivian deposit holder in the wild... I might go pick up lottery tickets tonight, haha.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks all. Hopefully Deposit Envy and Blue Balz are the worst of it.

May all of you early depositors/adopters have bulletproof vehicles.

Enjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i
Clubs

I hear ya. I'm a very recent deposit too. But I'm looking at it this way..... The early pre-orders will have waited three years for their vehicles, while we'll hopefully only have to wait one or so. I mean, we're basically getting our vehicles 3 times as fast as them. Winning!

Last edited:

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I hear ya. I'm a very recent deposit too. But I'm looking at it this way..... The early pre-orders will have waited three years for their vehicles, while we'll hopefully only have to wait one or so. I mean, we're basically getting our vehicles 3 times as fast as them. Winning!
And maybe with less early release jitters that come with a brand new product

Sponsored

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Given the past week, Deposit Envy and BB have been somewhat replaced by smug wait and seeness.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
A friend of mine has an early '18 R1T reservation and has already been contacted about delivery and then contacted again this week about delivery getting pushed back -- now saying January, possibly Feb. I never really had envy of his date. I've been on the bleeding edge before. But the wait is getting painful. My R1T reservation is only about 8 months old. I'm hoping to get the truck within the next year, but who knows. Could be mid/late '23 with the way things are going.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
A friend of mine has an early '18 R1T reservation and has already been contacted about delivery and then contacted again this week about delivery getting pushed back -- now saying January, possibly Feb. I never really had envy of his date. I've been on the bleeding edge before. But the wait is getting painful. My R1T reservation is only about 8 months old. I'm hoping to get the truck within the next year, but who knows. Could be mid/late '23 with the way things are going.
I'm in the same boat. I finally reserved my R1T in May after deciding to place a reservation for the F150 Lightning, just so I have all my bases covered. Was really hoping to take delivery next year, but that is looking doubtful. The thing I do have working in my favor though is I live in Southern California so I'm at least near a functioning service center. But I still have a feeling I'll end up with the F150 first.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I finally reserved my R1T in May after deciding to place a reservation for the F150 Lightning, just so I have all my bases covered. Was really hoping to take delivery next year, but that is looking doubtful. The thing I do have working in my favor though is I live in Southern California so I'm at least near a functioning service center. But I still have a feeling I'll end up with the F150 first.
When did you reserve the Lightning?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning