Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Just have to share this.....

I was working in our shared community garden, revising some raised beds by narrowing them from 4 ft wide to 34" wide (don't ask why I ever made 48" wide beds to begin with....). So I loaded my circular saw into the truck, along with some other tools, took apart the bed and proceeded to shorten the 4 ft sides of the 12 ft beds down to 34".

I pulled them apart, and took the 48 inch side piece to the truck. I reclined the the 2nd row. Put a tarp down and plugged in my circular saw and made quick work. Unfortunately one of the boards really needed replacing.... so off to the Home depot.

Lugged a 2 x 10 out the door of the HD... Parked in the loading dock. A home depot guy said, "man, that ain't goin to fit..." So I popped open the gate, slid it in and sliced it up into 34" pieces. I had a bunch of by standers saying... what an f*ing cool truck.

I agree.
Sponsored

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit

I was working in our shared community garden, revising some raised beds by narrowing them from 4 ft wide to 34" wide (don't ask why I ever made 48" wide beds to begin with....). So I loaded my circular saw into the truck, along with some other tools, took apart the bed and proceeded to shorten the 4 ft sides of the 12 ft beds down to 34".

I pulled them apart, and took the 48 inch side piece to the truck. I reclined the the 2nd row. Put a tarp down and plugged in my circular saw and made quick work. Unfortunately one of the boards really needed replacing.... so off to the Home depot.

Lugged a 2 x 10 out the door of the HD... Parked in the loading dock. A home depot guy said, "man, that ain't goin to fit..." So I popped open the gate, slid it in and sliced it up into 34" pieces. I had a bunch of by standers saying... what an f*ing cool truck.

I agree.
That is cool. Now they need a 220 for charging another EV and backup power.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I agree.
McGrubber!!!!

ebarke

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
why does this matter?
Occupation
software engineer
Clubs

I agree.
Having outlets is great, but I got rid of all my corded tools years ago! :) The outlets are good to charge the batteries for the tools though.

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Not all tools have cordless options - I have a number of great tools that are corded or pneumatic.

For example, I have a watering setup that originally used a 25 gallon tote and submersible pump which runs on 120VAC. Now I have a dedicated 100 gallon tank and more powerful pump, also corded. The setup fits with room to spare in the R1T bed. I use it when I do road and driveway maintenance to help water down and set the road surface.

bbonkk

First Name
howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen 2cv6, Tesla Model 3, Sprinter van, BMW x5
Occupation
pain in the ass
Clubs

I agree.
Just hauled some flooring and a 3' 0" x 6' 8" solid core 100 lb door for my remodel in the R1S. Best work van on the market!!!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Power Outlets are the envy at garden and Home Depot IMG_2607.JPG

OP
OP
jcrigler

jcrigler

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Love the pix of the door and flooring in the back.

BTW I figured out the on the diagonal I can stack about 8 2 x 4 x 8 foot boards and still get the lift gate closed. You have to move the passenger front seat up all the way.

OP
OP
jcrigler

jcrigler

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Having outlets is great, but I got rid of all my corded tools years ago! :) The outlets are good to charge the batteries for the tools though.
Been meaning to get a battery circ. caw... but well...now no need to.

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

Love the pix of the door and flooring in the back.

BTW I figured out the on the diagonal I can stack about 8 2 x 4 x 8 foot boards and still get the lift gate closed. You have to move the passenger front seat up all the way.
That's such great info. I can't wait to put Evy to work like that. She's getting a little spoiled and bougie. Little does she know, we're a construction site to tuxedo kinda family. 🤣
Sponsored