Delivery Issue - Missing Full Sized Spare

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150, Bronco, 812, R8, S5, Cayenne,67 Mustang
Occupation
Actuary
I took delivery today. Everything in the past couple of weeks has actually gone pretty well and today was the magical day of delivery. I had the appointment setup for 3:00pm.

Late yesterday, the service center texted me saying that they had some scheduling issues going on and they’d like to move me to this morning. I replied that I couldn’t due to work conflicts and that I’d need to keep the 3:00 time. However, I could move it up to 2:00pm if that was helpful. They indicated that “2:00 was perfect” and see you then.

I show up about 15 minutes early and the service center is completely organized (and that is saying it politely). I finally get into the person that is responsible for the deliveries, about 25 minutes later. Not that big of a deal. The guy is all over the map and keeps forgetting pretty major things. Then I request to see the vehicle prior to signing anything and he says “sure, we can do that”. We go outside and the vehicle he had pulled around is not remotely close to my order. (He pulled a White R1S and my is a gray R1T). He finds my truck after about 10 more minutes and then we continue. In the middle of that, some other people approached him and started asking questions. Instead of politely telling them he was in the middle of a delivery, he answered their questions.

We proceed to sign up the various pairings & services, so no issues there.

I get home and look the truck over a little more and I don’t have a full sized spare. I have sent a photo to my Guide, but that seems like a pretty significant breakdown in their checklist process. Hopefully I don’t have any hassles or issues with getting the spare tire and rim delivered.

edit: And my model is missing a 12V under the dash and in the frunk. These items were on my checklist while I was at the service center though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jamlank

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
No biggie, I'm sure it will get sorted out. Are you happy with the truck?

OP
OP
KubotaTed

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary
No biggie, I'm sure it will get sorted out. Are you happy with the truck?
Yes, it is impressive how in a relatively short time this company is able to get a design from concept to production. As we all know, this is a heavy machine and still has pretty decent range for the physics involved.

It’s my first EV, so that will take some getting used to. I have a solar array at my land 40 minutes away and plan to do most of my charging off of solar, so I have an exciting use case. (At least exciting to me)

Sponsored

OP
OP
KubotaTed

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary
As a side note, I took delivery in Olathe, KS (which is a southern suburb of Kansas City). There was a gentlemen there that had driven down from Omaha (186 miles). He mentioned that when he left Omaha this morning, his R1T said “340 miles range” so he’s thinking he has an ample buffer for mileage. We are having a very nasty wind out of the south today… he made it with 6 miles to spare.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Do you have a spare at all, or a spare that appears to be compact?

The R1S comes with a “compressed” spare, but it inflates to a regular tire with some weird origami voodoo that I still can’t wrap my head around.

FYI check out Rivian Dad’s video on it.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

My configuration has a specific line item saying “Full size spare ….… Cost….. Included”
Are you sure it's still there? Most of us had it removed in late 2022...I was one of them. Since I'm planning to off-road mine, I really need a spare, but they still aren't in the gear shop.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Anything you did not receive should be listed on a Due Bill. When I picked up mine they didn't have my key bracelet. They put it on a Due Bill so it is in their system and won't get lost.

Fclmd

First Name
Fawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Kia Telluride
Clubs

The R1S comes with a “compressed” spare, but it inflates to a regular tire with some weird origami voodoo that I still can’t wrap my head around.

R1S does not come with a compressed spare. I ordered it and they removed it. Not available in gear shop.

Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I took delivery today. Everything in the past couple of weeks has actually gone pretty well and today was the magical day of delivery. I had the appointment setup for 3:00pm.

Late yesterday, the service center texted me saying that they had some scheduling issues going on and they’d like to move me to this morning. I replied that I couldn’t due to work conflicts and that I’d need to keep the 3:00 time. However, I could move it up to 2:00pm if that was helpful. They indicated that “2:00 was perfect” and see you then.

I show up about 15 minutes early and the service center is completely organized (and that is saying it politely). I finally get into the person that is responsible for the deliveries, about 25 minutes later. Not that big of a deal. The guy is all over the map and keeps forgetting pretty major things. Then I request to see the vehicle prior to signing anything and he says “sure, we can do that”. We go outside and the vehicle he had pulled around is not remotely close to my order. (He pulled a White R1S and my is a gray R1T). He finds my truck after about 10 more minutes and then we continue. In the middle of that, some other people approached him and started asking questions. Instead of politely telling them he was in the middle of a delivery, he answered their questions.

We proceed to sign up the various pairings & services, so no issues there.

I get home and look the truck over a little more and I don’t have a full sized spare. I have sent a photo to my Guide, but that seems like a pretty significant breakdown in their checklist process. Hopefully I don’t have any hassles or issues with getting the spare tire and rim delivered.

edit: And my model is missing a 12V under the dash and in the frunk. These items were on my checklist while I was at the service center though.
Wow sorry to hear that. that is the exact opposite of my experience. She took an hour, showed me everything (including spare) and took me on a street to learn one pedal driving. It was an amazing experience. My father in law was ready to buy one just due to the experience

OP
OP
KubotaTed

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary

No spare at all.

OP
OP
KubotaTed

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary
Are you sure it's still there? Most of us had it removed in late 2022...I was one of them. Since I'm planning to off-road mine, I really need a spare, but they still aren't in the gear shop.
Yes - it is in the paperwork of my final contract. I have screenshots.

OP
OP
KubotaTed

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Actuary
Anything you did not receive should be listed on a Due Bill. When I picked up mine they didn't have my key bracelet. They put it on a Due Bill so it is in their system and won't get lost.
I’d agree with that (putting it on a due bill). However, this wasn’t known unfortunately until I got home since the delivery process was pretty unorganized. I immediately let my guide know as well as service center.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

For what it's worth my deliver didn't include the spare I paid for either, or any of the other accessories but that was a year ago so I'm not sure what the current state of things are.

Sounds like a bit of a sloppy delivery for you but I guess the last day of the quarter leads to some frantic delivery folks... lol
Sponsored