Sponsored

Dear Rivian...R1T WISHLIST BELOW

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
XMRadio and Carplay going to be top of list request to Rivian
At some point, I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the app. Once that happens, 95% of use cases are solved between data-driven higher quality audio and offline caching.
Sponsored

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Self leveling button to level the vehicle for camping or dirt bike loading etc.

Compass and altimeter

.gpx import for loading tracks and routes
I asked my guide about a self leveling capability for camping recently. He said that he was unsure if it would be available. Anyone else have any info on this? This would actually be a really big deal for those of us that boondock.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'd like to see active tire pressure management. Being able to air down on a trail from the cab if I need a bigger contact patch and air back up automagically.

I can finally toss out those annoying air pressure bleeders.

Oh yeah where's the winch details!?
CTIS? fat chance.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I know people would like to mix/match the interior wood trim with the different interior colors, but I would love a lighter grey wood option for the Black Mountain interior. I really like black interiors because they seem to wear better than lighter colors, but I'm not a fan of how monotone the Black Mountain is compared to the other options.

I think a nice grey toned wood could add some needed contrast to the Black Mountain interior and help it look as premium as Forest Edge. Assuming the interior ambient lighting still exists (I haven't seen confirmation of this on the production models), I think the door panel lighting would look great against the grey wood in the otherwise black interior.

Deleted member 3282

There are like 50 threads on this topic and I DONT want this one to turn into one of those. Carplay/Android Auto are not perfect but what they give you is the ability to use apps from your phone natively in your display. For me, Waze marks hidden and visible police officers and their speedtraps, you can see it on the nav screen as you are driving a few miles away. This is invaluable, what it does is give us the consumer more options as people create apps that run on the phone.

The other I use a lot is it reads me my texts while I am driving.

Not a dealbreaker but once you get used to the convenience you dont want to give it up AND I like the idea of leveraging the app stores on our phones to create innovation that makes our lives easier as we drive.
In reality, without Android Auto or Car Play, MOST of us are going to experiment with 3rd party phone mounts until we find a solution. It’s too bad that Rivian designers and engineers don’t realize that fact. I hope I’m wrong.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I gotta be the first to say it?

Carplay

At this point its the only thing that scares me as being totally annoying on a day by day basis with the R1T. I want to drop my phone on the charging pad and have wireless carplay just start broadcasting my podcast where I left off and have waze warn me about those pesky cars hiding to hit me with unwelcome radar waves...
I’m a constant CarPlay user. Do I want CarPlay? No, I just want the functionality of being able to use Siri to manage phone calls, read and sent messages, access to 3rd party apps such as Waze and my podcast app and use the car’s built in display. Phone calls, Siri access and streaming should work well via Bluetooth. Not so much for using the display.

My experience with CarPlay is mixed. It tends to not be updated by the manufacturers and becomes glitchy over time.

Just my .02. Your mileage may vary…

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

FPHater

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have an electric longboard
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Manual control of air vents instead of having to go through the main screen. Manual control of vents cannot be improved upon, anything else is worse.
There is an upside though! With the powered vents, you can save the position to your driver profile, so even if someone messes with your vents they’ll go back to your favorite position when you get in the vehicle.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
There is an upside though! With the powered vents, you can save the position to your driver profile, so even if someone messes with your vents they’ll go back to your favorite position when you get in the vehicle.
Also you can easily adjust the passenger side vents from the drivers seat.

I'm not entirely sold on the power adjustment, but I do wonder how much of that is just FUD.

People probably had the same concerns when side mirrors went from being manual adjustment to power adjustment. Now, we take that feature for granted and would probably be outraged if a new vehicle didn't have it.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
That's great. No real reason at all to not have both. You can bet that by reflex people are going to try to manually adjust them, just like the vents in the back seat. So why not have manual override 'current position'?
Sponsored