Sponsored

Current daily production rate

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
So since people don’t believe your educated guess they are wrong and not looking for information? Interesting stance.
no I was iust mockingly responding to the one douchey guy who tried to say I was faking insider information or something. If you look at the original post I just posited my prediction based on what I’ve heard/read and said “As a stockholder I hope I’m wrong.” He decided to make it as if I’m insider trading or alluding to insider trading. It’s a bunch of nonsense. I regret responding to him at all.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
no I was iust mockingly responding to the one douchey guy who tried to say I was faking insider information or something. If you look at the original post I just posited my prediction based on what I’ve heard/read and said “As a stockholder I hope I’m wrong.” He decided to make it as if I’m insider trading or alluding to insider trading. It’s a bunch of nonsense. I regret responding to him at all.
You did suggest you have insider information in your response to Skyote. That was a reasonable jump for @guernsej to make. He was trying to point out to be careful.

guernsej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor; 2015 X5
"Ha. You must have different insider info sources than I have. I hope so!"

I can't fathom how you think I'm misquoting you unless you don't understand that the above sentence is overtly implying you have access to insider sources of information.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You did suggest you have insider information in your response to Skyote. That was a reasonable jump for @guernsej to make. He was trying to point out to be careful.
It should have been clear based on context that I was jokingly responding to him telling me to get happy or whatever he said.
the phrase “you must have better insider information” was in jest ( which I think most people understood as this forum has a history of being sarcastic when it comes to Rivian’s delays) but honestly this has gotten so tedious and annoying I’m just not going to respond on this topic anymore.

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
it should have been clear that I was jokingly responding to him telling me to get happy or whatever he said.
the phrase “you must have better insider information” was in jest ( which I think most people understood as this forum has a history of being sarcastic when it comes to Rivian’s delays) but honestly this has gotten so tedious and annoying I’m just not going to respond on this topic anymore.
Jokes don't always land via writing. He obviously didn't get the joke, so pointing out you were joking would have probably been a good way to pull things back a bit.

I've definitely had to learn to note when I'm being sarcastic.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jokes don't always land via writing. He obviously didn't get the joke, so pointing out you were joking would have probably been a good way to pull things back a bit.

I've definitely had to learn to note when I'm being sarcastic.
I just added him to the ignore list - much easier.

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
I dunno gents:

The lot behind the factory ain’t empty:

F5794C5F-1383-4D7D-A5A4-7561A404CF2B.jpeg
Where and when was the photo? By looking at the colors and wheels I should be able to avoid configurations that might result in a delay. Specifically I want the bright AT wheels but not enough to wait an extra month.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Rivian reported 652 as of 12/15/21. 5 day work weeks comes out to 65 working days = 10 per day give or take. 266 of the 652 are undelivered.

Rivian will miss their year end goal of 1200 by 400-500. They reported supply and production issues as causes for the miss.

Rivian will get better but IMO producing and shipping 40-48K by end of 22 is pure fantasy.
This building cars thing must be hard.

10 cars a day? Somewhere Ford is laughing.

I wonder what is taking so long to ramp. Maybe it is not the factory. Maybe it is all the support people necessary to get the finished product into the hands of the buyers.

AMoney

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Acadia
Occupation
N/A
no way. They Are dealing with production hell AND a supply shortage. They will be lucky to deliver 8000 trucks next year. They won’t hit 40k a year until 3rd year at earliest. They know it but they can’t say it.
The company won’t make it if this is true. It will be bought by someone like Lincoln.

Sponsored

Seattlejoshua

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Occupation
Finance
The company won’t make it if this is true. It will be bought by someone like Lincoln.
I know it’s just an example but why would Ford (who owns Lincoln) buy a company they already have a substantial share in and are actively helping?

There are really only a handful of OEMs left through consolidation. It would be more likely that a large group like Stellantis or JLR adds the Rivian brand to its portfolio and then use some of the tech throughout other brands with a slightly different badge. (Ie JLR could sell R1S with a rivian badge and sell a Land Rover EV on the same frame and guts with a LR branded interior)

AMoney

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Acadia
Occupation
N/A
I know it’s just an example but why would Ford (who owns Lincoln) buy a company they already have a substantial share in and are actively helping?

There are really only a handful of OEMs left through consolidation. It would be more likely that a large group like Stellantis or JLR adds the Rivian brand to its portfolio and then use some of the tech throughout other brands with a slightly different badge. (Ie JLR could sell R1S with a rivian badge and sell a Land Rover EV on the same frame and guts with a LR branded interior)
Well, I think that’s precisely why Ford would want to buy/takeover Rivian. They already have a substantial investment in the company and are actively helping Rivian. If Rivian were to begin going under, it would make sense that Ford would be a primary bidder to take it over. The Lincoln brand isn’t what it once was. Pure speculation of course but Ford has a lot of skin in the game that they would presumably want to protect.

Seattlejoshua

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Occupation
Finance
Well, I think that’s precisely why Ford would want to buy/takeover Rivian. They already have a substantial investment in the company and are actively helping Rivian. If Rivian were to begin going under, it would make sense that Ford would be a primary bidder to take it over. The Lincoln brand isn’t what it once was. Pure speculation of course but Ford has a lot of skin in the game that they would presumably want to protect.
fair, I think it would be better to pump cash in than let Lincoln get their brand near it. Rivian is high tech and cool, Lincoln is a grandma car. Don’t want to hurt the rivian brand by associating it with that imo.

That said as long as they deliver vans to Amazon I don’t think customer production being slow will bankrupt them. The market is going electric and the stuff GM and FCA are going to put out are already decades behind in thinking and design and will be filled with dinosaurs ICE thinking.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
This building cars thing must be hard.

10 cars a day? Somewhere Ford is laughing.

I wonder what is taking so long to ramp. Maybe it is not the factory. Maybe it is all the support people necessary to get the finished product into the hands of the buyers.
I doubt Ford is laughing. If anything, Ford has given them advice to take their time and get it right, which is what they are doing. It's been reported that they were initially building trucks in lots of 15 and then doing detail QC/QA analysis, and then repeat, and again, and again, working out all the issues before moving to volume production. THAT'S how to do it the right way, that's how quality manufacturers do it (yes, I know from first hand experience).. Why would Ford laugh at that??

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Ford will not be buying Rivian. If Rivian implodes, which it will not, the only value will be in the technology/and assets.

Ford has had their chance to align their platform/tech with Rivian and clearly they preferred for whatever reason to go a different route and the last thing Ford would want to buy is a shuttered plant with a bunch of equipment they do not need and probably cannot even easily service outside of their longterm contractual obligations with their established industry partners.

If it tank, which it won’t, maybe there’s a chance a big tech company like apple who has forever been rumored to be developing a car? Maybe Tesla buys it to lock up the IP? I dunno. I just don’t see any of this being even a remote possibility.
Sponsored