Configuration Change, changes delivery window

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Just had 2 lengthy chats with Rivian, maybe I’m dumb but I was thinking until I had my guide assigned and locked in I could change as pleased with my window not changing.

I see people in the post changing colors because we get a glimpse of a vehicle and like it more than what we picked and want to change etc..

Welp apparently the window has a large chance of moving. Has anyone seen this happen actually or been told differently?

I should have downloaded the first transcript instead of taking screen shots. Maybe I’ll add them later.
First person said I could change them before the guide, then no, then yes etc… so I started a new chat to see if the stories lined up.
Sponsored

Attachments

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Seems like people have been getting contacted by their guide, and the information provided has often been the vehicle that matches their configuration has been produced and will be available for delivery in X weeks. If they want to change...they will forfeit that vehicle being assigned to their order and no details are provided for when the next config could be produced.

Jagger027

First Name
Jagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and Palisade
Just had 2 lengthy chats with Rivian, maybe I’m dumb but I was thinking until I had my guide assigned and locked in I could change as pleased with my window not changing.

I see people in the post changing colors because we get a glimpse of a vehicle and like it more than what we picked and want to change etc..

Welp apparently the window has a large chance of moving. Has anyone seen this happen actually or been told differently?

I should have downloaded the first transcript instead of taking screen shots. Maybe I’ll add them later.
First person said I could change them before the guide, then no, then yes etc… so I started a new chat to see if the stories lined up.
I got a similar answer from CS, don't know if I am still in the March-April window ?‍♂?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Why do they even have the chat feature? I can never get anything useful out of them.
I got a water bottle in the mail and a drive at first mile. ??? But rarely an answer to questions. Not for lack of trying either, they simply don’t have the information. I do not envy them their jobs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I have tried the CS email feature and have never gotten a response of any kind.

Brian

bbenoit726

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have tried the CS email feature and have never gotten a response of any kind.

Brian
To their credit, I emailed about the pricing fiasco and didn’t expect to hear back. But a day or two after RJ announced they were reverting to original pricing for pre-orders I got a proactive call from a CS rep asking if I had seen the update etc.

I never canceled my order, so the call was just to check in with me to see if I had any questions. Haven’t heard, but did anyone else who wrote to complain about the price change get a call back? I appreciated the effort.

(though it did mean I got an 8pm call from the Rivian number and for a split second I dreamed I was getting fast tracked)

RivianuserR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40, Volkswagen E-Golf
I had a similar experience this morning. I recently dropped the underbody shield from my config. Glacier White/OC/ 20" Tires because I honestly don't need it. I was basically told that they couldn't tell me when my truck was coming even though I was originally in the March/April window.

I can't imagine dropping the underbody shield would have a meaningful difference on timing considering people have had trucks delivered with both options. That and it doesn't seem OC configurations have been built yet anyway.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
I could swear I was once told it doesn’t change. Changed to forest green three months ago and then they told me my window may change because of that.

Or it may change because they won’t produce my car for 7 years lol

OP
OP

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Yeah just trying to understand if I change wheels or paint color now well ahead of my delivery window will it actually effect the window or not as I do not have a guide assigned etc..

Have any of you changed something and had your window change? If so what have you changed etc

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Yeah just trying to understand if I change wheels or paint color now well ahead of my delivery window will it actually effect the window or not as I do not have a guide assigned etc..

Have any of you changed something and had your window change? If so what have you changed etc
in the short term, the 2 things we know that will delay your order are 21" wheels and non Black Mountain interior.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I talked with my guide yesterday about removing the underbody shield. She said my 3-6 week estimate was based on a vehicle with that in production. Unknown how that estimate would change if I wanted to remove it.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
in the short term, the 2 things we know that will delay your order are 21" wheels and non Black Mountain interior.
The 21" are standard, why would it delay it? not enough tires?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
The 21" are standard, why would it delay it? not enough tires?
They are back ordered per one post where they were told switching to 20s would get it sooner.

For LE there is a 20 and a 22 included so price would not change.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I should contact
They are back ordered per one post where they were told switching to 20s would get it sooner.

For LE there is a 20 and a 22 included so price would not change.
My timeline is Oct-Dec 2022, I should call them to see if I can jump ahead if I switch to 20s! I have rivian Blue, black interior, and adventure package, so maybe, just maybe, that will get it a bit faster...but again I am getting R1S :(
Sponsored