Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Those are the rates quoted directly on their website for 2023, not sure how or if they have changed based on previous.

Correct, I am net metering and have the "solar bank" to bank money and not kWh. But we have the continuous rollover credits. However, when we overproduce I usually use this in the winter as we underproduce for our usage. Any idea where you found out the sell back rate was 29 cents?

Any excess generation from your net metered PV system will be multiplied by the prevailing total energy rate (base energy rate plus riders assessed on a perkWh basis) for the same time period that the Excess Energy was generated, to determine a dollar credit.
Xcel is buying it back at the same rate they charge you for it. It may not be the full 29 cents due to transmission costs etc but it will be more during peak than what you are paying for off peak. My average bill dropped about $20 per month when I went on TOU.
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
DIdn't realize that was an option. We're currently banking kWh...not sure how that would work with ToU pricing.
Are you with Xcel? If so I thought the only solar bank was money and not kWh. Mine has been like that even before I went to TOU.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Are you with Xcel? If so I thought the only solar bank was money and not kWh. Mine has been like that even before I went to TOU.
Ours was installed back in 2016 and as far as I know they didn't change things on us, but maybe I should look into it. At least back when our system was turned on it was a kWh bank and it rolled over at the end of the year rather than paying out. For the first couple years in the house our meter was negative.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Xcel is buying it back at the same rate they charge you for it. It may not be the full 29 cents due to transmission costs etc but it will be more during peak than what you are paying for off peak. My average bill dropped about $20 per month when I went on TOU.
Hmm, so for example the amount that gets credited to our solar bank would be at the new TOU rates instead of the fixed rates? So if I overproduce during peak times, I'm getting a 29 cent credit vs. a 15 cent credit? Is that how it works? If so, that might be ideal.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's here, it's here!!! VIN 199xx...I have the frunk 12V but not the one under the dash. I did luck out and got the Meridian sound system and it does sound great. Truck arrived with 2023.2.3 installed and asking to install 2023.6.2, so hoping the 2023.10.1 hits soon. There are some minor panel gap issues, but nothing that's really egregious. The hood is proud in the front and recessed in the back. Charge flap is pretty tight on the back edge. I have a rattle in the passenger B-pillar that I haven't narrowed down yet. But really, it's damn good and already showed it to a bunch of people. Those I've given rides to were amazed how well it hustles up a canyon and I can definitely say that they've improved it a lot since my First Mile last April.

Also, definitely noticed that coming back down a canyon road it reduces regen HARD. Like one corner you have it and the next you don't. Disappointed by that. I did get to try Driver+ Highway Assist on the drive home along I70 and for at least the short time I used it, I was impressed.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_3191

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_3197

Last edited:

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
It's here, it's here!!! VIN 199xx...I have the frunk 12V but not the one under the dash. I did luck out and got the Meridian sound system and it does sound great. Truck arrived with 2023.2.3 installed and asking to install 2023.6.2, so hoping the 2023.10.1 hits soon. There are some minor panel gap issues, but nothing that's really egregious. The hood is proud in the front and recessed in the back. Charge flap is pretty tight on the back edge. I have a rattle in the passenger B-pillar that I haven't narrowed down yet. But really, it's damn good and already showed it to a bunch of people. Those I've given rides to were amazed how well it hustles up a canyon and I can definitely say that they've improved it a lot since my First Mile last April.

Also, definitely noticed that coming back down a canyon road it reduces regen HARD. Like one corner you have it and the next you don't. Disappointed by that. I did get to try Driver+ Highway Assist on the drive home along I70 and for at least the short time I used it, I was impressed.

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg
V cool man!!! Hope to see you Aaron around the 5280 and @Pixelshot ’s get togethers this summer. Funny how forums make big deals seem small after delivery.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg
Congratulations, looks awesome! I've put 1100 miles on mine in the first few weeks so go out and enjoy it!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg
Oh YEAH!

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1680088452565

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Hmm, so for example the amount that gets credited to our solar bank would be at the new TOU rates instead of the fixed rates? So if I overproduce during peak times, I'm getting a 29 cent credit vs. a 15 cent credit? Is that how it works? If so, that might be ideal.
Yep. you get credit for the time you overproduced weather its on peak or off peak. You will get more per kWh for on peak credit than off peak credit.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Can't imagine a place better than Colorado for a Rivian. No power loss from altitude? 4 wheel power for the various conditions? Ground clearance for all the trails? Seating for 7, gear in front, gear in back, skis on top? CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK. Any other Colorado (Denver) pre-orders here?

Newbie here in Denver (reserved on 10/8), but already can't wait!
We're in NM, near Santa Fe and put our deposit down last July. Haven't heard anything yet. Good Luck! I am happy for you.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T