Sponsored

Colorado Checking In

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Has anyone here claimed and received the Colorado EV tax credit for an R1T in 2022? I just noticed the language below and am wondering what their definition of a "comparable truck" is...worst case I guess you could still claim the credit for a light duty passenger vehicle, which was $1k less in 2022.

"The amount of credit that can be claimed for the purchase of any qualifying truck is limited to the difference in manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) between the qualifying truck and a comparable truck that runs on either gasoline or diesel fuel."

Source: Zero Emission Vehicle Tax Credits | Colorado Energy Office
Sponsored

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
1398 days later!!!

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 4BDF6526-BECD-48E9-881D-8E1248844784

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 7D45C8D1-8F25-4F28-8DB6-28F2E98A91FE

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Has anyone here claimed and received the Colorado EV tax credit for an R1T in 2022? I just noticed the language below and am wondering what their definition of a "comparable truck" is...worst case I guess you could still claim the credit for a light duty passenger vehicle, which was $1k less in 2022.

"The amount of credit that can be claimed for the purchase of any qualifying truck is limited to the difference in manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) between the qualifying truck and a comparable truck that runs on either gasoline or diesel fuel."

Hey freshpow, I did just successfully claim the Federal and State credits of $7500 and $3500 respectively (I believe that's the amount for CO - I know for sure it was the larger amount based on the heavy duty, 7K lbs assessment). There were no issues and my accountant was comfortable with the claim and that the Rivian met all the requirements. FWIW, I've received the Federal refund but not yet from the State but it was accepted...

Last edited:

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

This is what you want to go off of, Rivian is just over 8500 so it qualifies for a light duty electri truck and either 3500 or 2800 depending on what tax year you apply in and when you took actual delivery. I don't know how they'd enforce the bottom comments and difference in MSRP. I think we are all getting the full amount.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1678986397085

Last edited:

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T

Yep I did and received the full $3500 due to the weight of the R1T.

Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just wanted to add that I recently installed the Rivian charger and I was able to qualify for the $500 home wiring rebate. Because Rivian is not a supported vehicle I was not able to qualify for the $50 credit for scheduled charging.
Do you mind sharing the total cost you paid to have the Rivian charger installed? Going through it now and trying to get a point of comparison.

Evan S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T Adventure Trim, Quad Motor, BM/Ash, 20"
Clubs

Do you mind sharing the total cost you paid to have the Rivian charger installed? Going through it now and trying to get a point of comparison.

It was around $1,200. The charger is about 3 feet from my box and the wire had to go through a double brick wall.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
1398 days later!!!

4BDF6526-BECD-48E9-881D-8E1248844784.jpeg

7D45C8D1-8F25-4F28-8DB6-28F2E98A91FE.jpeg
Congratulations!!!🎈🎊🎉

I just left the service center. I have to know who’s yellow R1s is this? They said it’s the first one they’ve ever seen in the country and certainly the first one in Denver!!

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 65AF6E27-AD61-4020-AEBE-2148DCAB6374

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
1398 days later!!!

4BDF6526-BECD-48E9-881D-8E1248844784.jpeg

7D45C8D1-8F25-4F28-8DB6-28F2E98A91FE.jpeg
Congrats!

When I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago there were snow flurries as well. I heard an old wives tale years and years and years ago that if it rains on your new car it's a good omen. While I don't believe it personally, I've always enjoyed picking up a new vehicle with precipitation in the air.

Enjoy the R1S!

Sponsored

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just wanted to add that I recently installed the Rivian charger and I was able to qualify for the $500 home wiring rebate. Because Rivian is not a supported vehicle I was not able to qualify for the $50 credit for scheduled charging.
Thanks for sharing. The website definitely makes it seem like you can’t get the charger/wiring rebate without being enrolled in optimize your charge, so glad to hear that’s not the case.

And in case anyone else is still skeptical, here’s an excerpt from an email I received from their EV team after asking about it:

Thank you for reaching out to the Xcel Energy Electric Vehicle Team. We look forward to partnership opportunities in the emerging electric vehicle space. While your Rivian R1T is not currently eligible for our Optimize Your Charge off-peak EV charging schedule program we encourage you to complete the online enrollment process so that when or if Rivian becomes a program partner, we can notify you. Enrollment, even if ineligible at this time, will meet the application requirement for the Xcel Energy EV Charger & Wiring Rebate. Please review our EV website resources to learn more.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Thanks for sharing. The website definitely makes it seem like you can’t get the charger/wiring rebate without being enrolled in optimize your charge, so glad to hear that’s not the case.

And in case anyone else is still skeptical, here’s an excerpt from an email I received from their EV team after asking about it:

Thank you for reaching out to the Xcel Energy Electric Vehicle Team. We look forward to partnership opportunities in the emerging electric vehicle space. While your Rivian R1T is not currently eligible for our Optimize Your Charge off-peak EV charging schedule program we encourage you to complete the online enrollment process so that when or if Rivian becomes a program partner, we can notify you. Enrollment, even if ineligible at this time, will meet the application requirement for the Xcel Energy EV Charger & Wiring Rebate. Please review our EV website resources to learn more.

I just ended up installing the ChargePoint Home Flex. Bought this, with a coupon, got the $500 rebate and enrolled in the $50 optimize your charge program. Plus the entire install was 30% tax credit eligible. Easy peasy.

ChargePoint Home Flex 50amp 12kW WiFi 14-50 Plug-In 23ft Cable 240V | CPH50-NEMA14-50-L23 | Bulbs.com

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Does anyone here have experience with Colorado Clear Bra? I've seen a lot of good reviews on here for Denver Auto Shield and was planning to take my R1T there when it arrives but they are booking a few weeks out and I don't want to go too long without protection. Pricing was identical for both and I'd be able to get it in much sooner at CCB.
Sponsored