Nachyomama

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Does anyone here have experience with Colorado Clear Bra? I've seen a lot of good reviews on here for Denver Auto Shield and was planning to take my R1T there when it arrives but they are booking a few weeks out and I don't want to go too long without protection. Pricing was identical for both and I'd be able to get it in much sooner at CCB.
I’ve used Denver auto shield in the past with great results. Todd is a great guy and will gladly answer any questions or show you around the shop. Colorado clear bra is the same price for full ppf but they also have good reviews. I’m contemplating the diy route since a lot of the panels are flat…

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the Xcel rebate? It's been a couple of months for me now.
Was it already approved and you’re just waiting on the check?

I received the check about 5 weeks after getting the email letting me know my rebate was approved (which was only a few days after I submitted it)

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Was it already approved and you’re just waiting on the check?

I received the check about 5 weeks after getting the email letting me know my rebate was approved (which was only a few days after I submitted it)
It was approved on 2/8 so almost 6 weeks ago. Email says 6-8 weeks so I’ll give it another week or two.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I’m contemplating the diy route since a lot of the panels are flat…
I'm currently planning to DIY with TWRAPS. I've done a C6 Corvette before and have to assume the R1T will be easier as you said with all the mostly flat panels. At first I just want to do from the A-pillars forward and the tailgate. Will probably buy the whole kit and add other bits as I have time.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Holy crap, even my guide was surprised it was ready to go! Scheduled to take delivery on Tuesday!!

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1679629206653

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Holy crap, even my guide was surprised it was ready to go! Scheduled to take delivery on Tuesday!!

1679629206653.png
Tomorrow - enjoy the day!!!!!!!!!!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So I just got a notice from Xcel that my Smart Meter is being installed soon. This will switch me to Time of Use (TOU) billing, unless I opt out and stick with the fixed rate. I'm fine with the meter, but torn on the TOU billing. Any feedback here? I'm considering opting out of TOU. I just don't see why I'd subject myself to 29 cents per kWh in the summer for the chance to get 12 cents off peak when I could have 15 cents all the time. I also have solar, so my energy usage is minimal but there is some as we typically use more than we consume.

The Time of Use Rate
With the Time of Use rate, prices depend on the kWh of energy used/generated during different times of the day.

Times (weekdays, non-holidays):

• Off-Peak is 7 p.m.-1 p.m.
  • Mid-Peak is 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
  • On-Peak is 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
Winter Prices:

• Off-Peak = 12 cents per kWh
  • Mid-Peak = 15 cents per kWh
  • On-Peak = 19 cents per kWh
Summer Prices:

• Mid-Peak = 20 cents per kWh
  • On-Peak = 29 cents per kWh
General Residential Pricing and Residential Opt-Out Pricing
General Residential Pricing is the standard rate customers pay today, with charges for the energy you use, no matter when you use it. Customers who opt out of the Time of Use rate will be placed onto the Residential Opt-Out rate. This rate charges the same amount seasonally, regardless of what time you use energy or how much energy you use.

Winter Price:

• 13 cents per kWh
Summer Price:

• 15 cents per kWh

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

So I just got a notice from Xcel that my Smart Meter is being installed soon. This will switch me to Time of Use (TOU) billing, unless I opt out and stick with the fixed rate. I'm fine with the meter, but torn on the TOU billing. Any feedback here? I'm considering opting out of TOU. I just don't see why I'd subject myself to 29 cents per kWh in the summer for the chance to get 12 cents off peak when I could have 15 cents all the time. I also have solar, so my energy usage is minimal but there is some as we typically use more than we consume.

The Time of Use Rate
With the Time of Use rate, prices depend on the kWh of energy used/generated during different times of the day.

Winter Prices:

Summer Prices:

General Residential Pricing is the standard rate customers pay today, with charges for the energy you use, no matter when you use it. Customers who opt out of the Time of Use rate will be placed onto the Residential Opt-Out rate. This rate charges the same amount seasonally, regardless of what time you use energy or how much energy you use.

Winter Price:

• 13 cents per kWh
Summer Price:

• 15 cents per kWh
Got the same notice and knew it was coming. I have solar, so I'm not super worried about the peak rates, but will continue charging during off-peak only unless I need it. I've had my MINI set to charge from 9pm to 8am since I bought it. All of those rates are a substantial increase over what we're charged currently...unless you're including taxes and fees on those. Last time I'd looked they were quoting closer to 6 cents per kWh off-peak before taxes and fees.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T

The Time of Use Rate

Winter Prices:

Summer Prices:

Winter Price:

• 13 cents per kWh
Summer Price:

• 15 cents per kWh
I’m on TOU and have solar. I assume you have net metering so you bank money not kWh. If you have excess during peak hours you are selling it back at 29 cents per kWh. It was worth it for me to switch since I usually have excess between 2-6 pm.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I’m on TOU and have solar. I assume you have net metering so you bank money not kWh. If you have excess during peak hours you are selling it back at 29 cents per kWh. It was worth it for me to switch since I usually have excess between 2-6 pm.
DIdn't realize that was an option. We're currently banking kWh...not sure how that would work with ToU pricing.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Got the same notice and knew it was coming. I have solar, so I'm not super worried about the peak rates, but will continue charging during off-peak only unless I need it. I've had my MINI set to charge from 9pm to 8am since I bought it. All of those rates are a substantial increase over what we're charged currently...unless you're including taxes and fees on those. Last time I'd looked they were quoting closer to 6 cents per kWh off-peak before taxes and fees.
Those are the rates quoted directly on their website for 2023, not sure how or if they have changed based on previous.

Correct, I am net metering and have the "solar bank" to bank money and not kWh. But we have the continuous rollover credits. However, when we overproduce I usually use this in the winter as we underproduce for our usage. Any idea where you found out the sell back rate was 29 cents?

Any excess generation from your net metered PV system will be multiplied by the prevailing total energy rate (base energy rate plus riders assessed on a perkWh basis) for the same time period that the Excess Energy was generated, to determine a dollar credit.
Sponsored

Last edited: