Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist

KurtP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Disagree on the styling. The performance off road doesn't seem that great. Otherwise, good points.
Yeah, you are correct, but styling is always subjective (just look at those that think the Cybertruck looks good).

I will never be paying $70K+ for a car to take it off road - so it might be somewhat strange that I found the R1S appealing enough to preorder it (since I am not a member of the "Adventure" demographic that they target).

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I like the Chevy, but I would need to know what I could get from it for around $70k.

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
The Silverado EV will come in a work version starting at $ 40 GRAND

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The Silverado EV will come in a work version starting at $ 40 GRAND
Someday. With unknown specs. Not currently available to individuals.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Yeah, but that's not the topic that was being discussed.
It is. People think it won't stream videos because they're likely thinki of Android Auto. Android Automotive is far more capable and is very customizable by he manufacturer.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Someday. With unknown specs. Not currently available to individuals.
Go to YOUTUBE and search for Chevy Silverado EV reviews. They discuss what the work version has going for it. Also the the Chevy website has more data on the work version.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It is. People think it won't stream videos because they're likely thinki of Android Auto. Android Automotive is far more capable and is very customizable by he manufacturer.
My bad, I was thinking the silverado had an android base OS, but not Android Automotive, and the discussion was around AA/CP specifically. Thanks!

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I like the Chevy, but I would need to know what I could get from it for around $70k.
Same. Curious what trim level will slot in the $70-80k I am looking at spending on the Rivian.

May change my R1T reservation to an R1S for my wife and go with the Silverado for myself. I still prefer the R1T (the Silverado is pretty close), but given lack of other options for 3 row SUV, that may be the path we take. I know more will be coming out in the next year or two, so its all up in the air until my place in line comes for the Rivian. I guess "luckily" that gives me some time to figure things out.

One way or the other there will definitely be a Rivian in our garage, just not sure what shape it will be and what will be parked alongside it.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Will Rivian sell any of the Amazon vans to place holders. I would take that in place of my MB Sprinter 2500.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Same. Curious what trim level will slot in the $70-80k I am looking at spending on the Rivian.

May change my R1T reservation to an R1S for my wife and go with the Silverado for myself. I still prefer the R1T (the Silverado is pretty close), but given lack of other options for 3 row SUV, that may be the path we take. I know more will be coming out in the next year or two, so its all up in the air until my place in line comes for the Rivian. I guess "luckily" that gives me some time to figure things out.

One way or the other there will definitely be a Rivian in our garage, just not sure what shape it will be and what will be parked alongside it.
So far they have only released pricing for the Silverado "Work" version. Next would be the RST First Edition, which is reported to be in the $105,000 range. They are supposed to release a "regular" RST, Trail Boss and possibly other trims after that, but who knows when. It's so hard to predict what will happen with pricing in the future with these brand new EV trucks. Will prices come down drastically because they all compete with each other? Or will this remain something only bigger spenders can afford? I do have a feeling that 5 years from now someone who spent $105,000 on a Chevy will regret it. I know I would.
Sponsored