First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I have my calender alert set. If it's 100 bucks I'm in. No harm in having the reservation just in case. I will say i hope it's better than the lighting order system. I reserved day 1 hr 1, was 15th at my dealer untill yesterday. Now I'm probably 40th with the 25 priority skips they were allowed. So excited to buy my Rivian and not have to mess with dealership bs.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I'm actually going to be at CES. If they allow any hands-on stuff, I'll try to take some pictures.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have my calender alert set. If it's 100 bucks I'm in. No harm in having the reservation just in case. I will say i hope it's better than the lighting order system. I reserved day 1 hr 1, was 15th at my dealer untill yesterday. Now I'm probably 40th with the 25 priority skips they were allowed. So excited to buy my Rivian and not have to mess with dealership bs.
The dealership mess is what keeps me content with a Rivian reservation. I can't imagine GM has figured out a more streamlined way to handle the dealer network. It's going to end up being the same games and dealer markups at the end of the day.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
The dealership mess is what keeps me content with a Rivian reservation. I can't imagine GM has figured out a more streamlined way to handle the dealer network. It's going to end up being the same games and dealer markups at the end of the day.
They are independent retailers, and like any business some are good and some are not. The 2 Chevrolet dealers I have been dealt with (25+ years, 7 vehicles) have always been fair and professional - both sales and service. My 2020 Corvette was purchased at MSRP, and my upcoming '22 Z06 will be also.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I'm likely to reserve one unless GM puts an outlandish price on it. It's supposed to be on the same platform as the GMC Hummer EV. I imaging it'll be lighter, less luxurious, and less power.

Personally, I do a lot of work with GM. I wouldn't mind buying into their vision of the EV future. But this is GM we're talking about. They have a lot of very talented engineers and designers, but they also have a lot of incompetent managers and execs that can ruin a product.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
For anyone curious, here's the link to the official Chevy site: https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/upcoming-all-electric-silverado

Although the info's pretty sparse. I'm a bit confused that they really only label 3 main features, but that somehow one of them is the glass roof.

Now, I love me a glass roof as much as the next granola cruncher, but not sure I'd put it as top 3 billing on what could be their biggest make-or-break moment in decades. ?

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
They are independent retailers, and like any business some are good and some are not. The 2 Chevrolet dealers I have been dealt with (25+ years, 7 vehicles) have always been fair and professional - both sales and service. My 2020 Corvette was purchased at MSRP, and my upcoming '22 Z06 will be also.
I think it's partially dependent on where you're located. In the Washington, DC area we have some of the largest dealer groups in the nation. Koons (which sent out the crazy $30k Ford F150 Lightning email) is massive. With those dealers they don't care about customer loyalty because they move cars in such volume. When I bought my Jeep from Koons it was one of 300+ of the same model they had on the lot. (They claim to be the second largest Jeep dealer in the nation)

Heck, even my Porsche dealership doesn't care much about loyalty.

I want to buy a car like a buy my laptop. Go online, pick out what I want, have it delivered.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My point was more so in terms of EVs at least, the best dealers won't charge a markup. That's one plus. Maybe a good spot in line if one has a really good relationship. That's another. But in terms of service, besides fluids and relatively minor maintance there's not much else they can provide. Not to say that there aren't plenty of decent dealers out there, it's just not paying extra money isn't exactly the strongest "plus". For those with relationships with dealers or close to ones not doing a markup, its a non issue.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I'm likely to reserve one unless GM puts an outlandish price on it. It's supposed to be on the same platform as the GMC Hummer EV. I imaging it'll be lighter, less luxurious, and less power.
I would honestly prefer the "luxury" of a High Country trim than the Hummer's more rugged approach to luxury. It will be interesting to see if they give it a High Country trim level to match the Silverado/Tahoe/Suburban.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I would honestly prefer the "luxury" of a High Country trim than the Hummer's more rugged approach to luxury. It will be interesting to see if they give it a High Country trim level to match the Silverado/Tahoe/Suburban.
Just rampant speculation on my part but I think the Silverado will be offered in a trim similar to LT and LTZ. They've already stated the Sierra EV will be introduced in only the luxury Denali trim. It would make sense for the Silverado to have more basic trims to directly compete with the F150 lightning.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I know its far easier to electrify a BOF truck than it is to create a new EV platform. But I wish one of these (F-150, Silverado E) got rid of the transmission tunnel like Rivian did. Understanding Hummer's brand appeal is "excess" the large console and electronic shifter make sense. But GM has had column mounted shifters before so it's not exactly a far out concept. It's a bit easier to forgive Ford because they were first of the big 3 to announce and likely also to market. Who knows, maybe they've done something creative for Silverado E. Maybe the product test folks have the data to show their customers don't need or want any more interior utility. But I look at the F150 with the shifter than can fold flat and think why didn't you just remove the whole thing to make a true collapsable workspace that would likely be smaller than a full trans tunnel and a more efficient use of the space.
Sponsored