Independent rear/air suspension

the design isn’t for me, but looks like it will appeal to many
Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I did a reservation for the work truck. Can't justify paying 100k for the First Edition RST. I should have an F150 Lightning or R1T by then though, so its just another backup.

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
got my reservation in. i like the looks, but then i also like the avalanche/ escalade ext and i drive a ridgeline

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I look at the F150 with the shifter than can fold flat
That may be the stupidest “feature” I’ve ever seen. It serves no practical purpose while adding cost and complexity. Just use a column shifter or go to “buttons”!

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Interesting specs

400 mile range
664 HP
780 ft-lbs of torque
Independent rear/air suspension

the design isn’t for me, but looks like it will appeal to many
I hope both Ford and GM/Chevrolet sell a ton of their EV trucks. It's good for the whole EV market and ensures investment in things like the charging networks, green energy, etc. Without Ford, GM/Chevy, Rivian successfully selling EV trucks we'd probably be left with just Tesla's CyberTruck as our only option.

Sponsored

P.S.Mangelsdorf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1940 Chevy EV conversion, 2017 Challenger (daily)
Occupation
Consultant
I know its far easier to electrify a BOF truck than it is to create a new EV platform. But I wish one of these (F-150, Silverado E) got rid of the transmission tunnel like Rivian did.
Based on the Car and Driver video about the Silverado, a) there is no trans tunnel in the Silverado E, its just storage (they specifically mentioned it) and b) the Silverado is a brand new chassis (shared with Hummer), while the F-150 is an ICE chassis that's been modified.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I hope both Ford and GM/Chevrolet sell a ton of their EV trucks. It's good for the whole EV market and ensures investment in things like the charging networks, green energy, etc. Without Ford, GM/Chevy, Rivian successfully selling EV trucks we'd probably be left with just Tesla's CyberTruck as our only option.
And hopefully force more dc fast chargers to be built, especially 250kWh+ ones since GM will support 350 kWh.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Available summer 2024. ?

Clearly GM sees Ford and Rivian about to take off and doesn’t want to get left behind. The Bolt is so good, how has GM squandered their lead?

Some admittedly cool features though: mid-bed pass through (sounds a lot like Avalanche) and 20k towing.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Clearly GM sees Ford and Rivian about to take off and doesn’t want to get left behind. The Bolt is so good, how has GM squandered their lead?
I think GM has been spending their time researching and developing their Ultium batteries. They may have been thinking just tread water, and reap benefits when/if Ultium batteries are a better batteries. Whether or not the Ultium batteries are as good or better or worse than the others, time will tell.

Sponsored

Rob Stark

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S
Silverado EV prices are $39.9k for base single motor 300 mile range version.

$105k for fully optioned dual motor First Edition.

GM will start by making W/T versions for fleet customers then fulfill all First Edition orders before making less expensive versions.

GM is almost done building their first 30 GWh Gigafactory in Ohio and has broken ground on their second in Tennessee.

KurtP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
What I really like about The F-150 and the Silverado is that for the customer, upon taking delivery, the will have a superior Assistant/AI , a vast option of multimedia apps (including Netflix if they want) and full Integration of maps , calls and messages on their phone as well as their car - Right out the gate they get a mature and highly capable car Assistant (with Android Automotive).
(More here: https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/the-chevy-silverado-ev-runs-android-has-400-mile-range.html )

Now with Amazon having the exclusive on Rivian this locks us into the Amazon/Alexa ecosystem without the frictionless features that are fully integrated between my phone apps, home and car.

Hopefully now that Amazon is showing that they are more willing to be polyamorous with their delivery van suppliers, I wonder if Rivian will reconsider their exclusive/lock-in to Alexa.

Last edited:

Bborden

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Long Range
Occupation
Digital Marketing & Data
And hopefully force more dc fast chargers to be built, especially 250kWh+ ones since GM will support 350 kWh.
I get folks want more DC fast charging, whether it’s proprietary or universal chargers. I want more of them, too. But DC fast chargers cost nearly 100x more than L2 chargers. There needs to be strategic planning between govt and private sector to develop efficient DC and L2 charging infrastructure to meet upcoming needs

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I get folks want more DC fast charging, whether it’s proprietary or universal chargers. I want more of them, too. But DC fast chargers cost nearly 100x more than L2 chargers. There needs to be strategic planning between govt and private sector to develop efficient DC and L2 charging infrastructure to meet upcoming needs
There should be DC fast chargers near the interstates and main highways. I’d say just as many as there are gas stations.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
That may be the stupidest “feature” I’ve ever seen. It serves no practical purpose while adding cost and complexity. Just use a column shifter or go to “buttons”!
Complexity is their friend, the more unnecessary carp that breaks, the more revenue for parts and labor and the sooner you will want a new vehicle. Now the data and “services” your car may depend on is added to the mix. You think of car buying as a one night stand, they think of it as marriage until death do us apart.
Sponsored

Last edited: