Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Competition is good and if the trickle down effect from the R1's is any indication of the R2's future then I will take a Rivian over any Chevy or Ford offering as I do not wish to drive a rental car like vehicle...

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Interior looks nice. Exterior is fine. I wish they didn't call it "Blazer". That vehicle invokes none of the characteristics of the iconic "Blazer". Give it a different name, and it'd be a fine mainstream commuter crossover.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I know, nobody knows what the R2 will look like but the blazer coming in at 50k and 320 miles seems to be a good alternative. Wishing RIVN the best of luck. There is still nothing like the R1S.

https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/blazer-ev
Escalade IQ is predicted to have three rows. High end trim is probably going to be competitive in specs but maybe not price.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Looks like many of the other crossovers out there.

As a tangent, a friend of mine was just complaining because he hates all the EV SUVs out currently are low-slung crossovers. They are all more high sedans than "Sport Utility Vehicles."

Until I see the R2, can't really comment on whether it really is a competitor.

Sponsored

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I'm interested enough that I put a reservation in. It might not have the off-road chops of a Rivian, but Chevrolet battery and data management systems are second to none. Plus, their Super Cruise system is legit.

It helps that I like the styling. There's not many pictures of the interior; I know it doesn't have 3 rows, but if it's got enough in the second row and healthy space behind that, it'll work for my 3 kids.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Interior looks nice. Exterior is fine. I wish they didn't call it "Blazer". That vehicle invokes none of the characteristics of the iconic "Blazer". Give it a different name, and it'd be a fine mainstream commuter crossover.
I’ve owned and enjoyed several GM products over the years and I know this is in bad taste, but…

Given the history of the Bolt maybe they are using Blazer in a way unrelated to the original Chevrolet Blazer trucks. Tagline: “Buy a new Chevy EV, it’s a real Blazer.“🔥

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

The Blazer EV is an attractive vehicle, but they are going after two different segments. Rivian has branded themselves as an Adventure Vehicle company, so their R2 platform will likely continue that trend but in a smaller package. The Blazer on the other hand is more city/country side oreiented. There's room for both.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
My history with GM is not good. And that is with my tax dollars contribution....

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Blazer looks really nice, but range just like Lyriq is disappointing. There is no mention of whether its 400V or 800V architecture.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Blazer looks really nice, but range just like Lyriq is disappointing. There is no mention of whether its 400V or 800V architecture.
Range is within 1-3 miles of a Large R1T, unless the AWD models that GM hasn't announced range for yet.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Range is within 1-3 miles of a Large R1T, unless the AWD models that GM hasn't announced range for yet.
Estimated range for SS is 290 miles and Blazer is much smaller than R1S/T.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
… Chevrolet battery and data management systems are second to none. Plus, their Super Cruise system is legit.
Really? Wasn’t this the same Company that issued those warnings last year to all of its Bolt owners not to park in doors for risk of it spontaneously combusting and had to recall all of them? Even if people say “it was not Chevy, it was LG” it still doesn’t invoke a lot of confidence, at least not to me.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Really? Wasn’t this the same Company that issued those warnings last year to all of its Bolt owners not to park in doors for risk of it spontaneously combusting and had to recall all of them? Even if people say “it was not Chevy, it was LG” it still doesn’t invoke a lot of confidence, at least not to me.
Yeah, I get that it was LG and not GM only goes so fast.

But more importantly, the Bolt utilized a subjectively worse batter technology (pouch cells). Which was developed by LG years ago, before GM had made any true development progress. Which GM will likely never use in an EV ever again. The Blazer, and all of their EVs to date use the Ultium system, which is not only built new from the ground up, but is light years ahead of the Bolt. It's an 800v architecture, more efficient than Tesla, and provides charging rates that compete with Lucid.

So yeah, it's different.
Sponsored