Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Hardwire went fine and I prefer it at this time. It's growing on me more and more each day. One question...does the charging pad work thru the same fuse? Mine quit working after install.

Rivian R1T R1S CarPlay & Android Auto Smart Dash Screen has arrived!  New from EVSportline.com 20240103_152353

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

One question...does the charging pad work thru the same fuse? Mine quit working after install.

20240103_152353.jpg
Hmm - good observation. I need to know this before I install. @EV Sportline can you chime in? I have precious the precious StowNCharge and absolutely need that to continue working.

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
Delivered and installed. Was able to route the wire under the dash and don't even have anything showing on the driver side door panel. Was able to pop the side panel off and route the rest of the way through it. I'd upload a picture but apparently this site is not capable of a 1.8MB (image too large error) image size. Sorry y'all

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
There's clearly flexibility regarding the horizontal position of the screen...I was originally thinking that I'd center it above the Infotainment screen, but I'm liking the left offset look that @bholliday5150 shows in the photo. Others have thoughts? I'm positive my wife will have the deciding opinion...

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Hardwire went fine and I prefer it at this time. It's growing on me more and more each day. One question...does the charging pad work thru the same fuse? Mine quit working after install.
Hmm - good observation. I need to know this before I install. @EV Sportline can you chime in? I have precious the precious StowNCharge and absolutely need that to continue working.

The fuse EV Sportline taps is "F48".. see below for description...

As an alternate you could tap "F47".

Rivian R1T R1S CarPlay & Android Auto Smart Dash Screen has arrived!  New from EVSportline.com 1704318831018

Rivian R1T R1S CarPlay & Android Auto Smart Dash Screen has arrived!  New from EVSportline.com 1704319076837

Last edited:

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

I guess I’ll be experimenting with the positioning relative to the center screen.

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

My charging on the stock console wireless charging is just as bad as before install—I have to take off my case from Moment with its Moment lense mount and positioning is so finicky it is useless for charging. I charge via USB cable from inside the console

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

NY_Rob thanks for the info. So my guess is it does affect the wireless charger. Guess I will see what EV sportline says.
KBabione You can play around with its position. Initially I had it in center. Like the off center much more.

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec
NY_Rob thanks for the info. So my guess is it does affect the wireless charger. Guess I will see what EV sportline says.
I had no issues with the charging pad after the install.

I just chose to add another dash mounted MagSafe mount that uses the OBD-II port for power. I got the Garmin OBD-II to USB.

Rivian R1T R1S CarPlay & Android Auto Smart Dash Screen has arrived!  New from EVSportline.com IMG_8922

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Could the replacement fuse for the QI charging pad has blown? I suspect that may be the issue you're seeing.

Last edited:

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
I'm having the problem at home now where my phone stays connected to the unit. I even manually turn wifi back on, and then a few seconds later, it reconnects to the CP unit. My Rivian is parked in my garage, so it's set to stay unlocked at home. It randomly connects to the unit even when I'm not anywhere near the truck (walking around inside my house). For this, I have to unplug the cord from the unit while at home. This is definitely not ideal.

On another note @EV Sportline I thought I saw somewhere that you have the ability to keep firmware updates on this - not a priority at the moment, but wondering if y'all can request some sort of way to (via software) enable some sort of blue light filter on the screen. Rivian has done this on their screens, and it sticks out like a sore thumb at night on the CP display. Other than that, loving it so far!

Last edited:

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I'm having the problem at home now where my phone stays connected to the unit. I even manually turn wifi back on, and then a few seconds later, it reconnects to the CP unit. My Rivian is parked in my garage, so it's set to stay unlocked at home. It randomly connects to the unit even when I'm not anywhere near the truck (walking around inside my house). For this, I have to unplug the cord from the unit while at home. This is definitely not ideal.

On another note @EV Sportline I thought I saw somewhere that you have the ability to keep firmware updates on this - not a priority at the moment, but wondering if y'all can request some sort of way to (via software) enable some sort of blue light filter on the screen. Rivian has done this on their screens, and it sticks out like a sore thumb at night on the CP display. Other than that, loving it so far!
Try just closing the Rivian app...

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Try just closing the Rivian app...
That is not a solution as then my truck wont actually turn on when I get into it when I actually want it to turn on. The unit should shut off when the truck shuts off.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

FYI - there is a power button on top of the Smart Screen, you can power off the screen (or unplug it, as you mentioned). But...if your Rivian is constantly' turning on' whenever your phone is near (but you're still in the house or something), we can't stop that - it's functioning properly. BTW, you're burning range having the Rivian turn 'on' all the time like that (when you're not actually in the garage getting ready to go somewhere) - you might want to alter your Rivian phone key settings to stop that?
Sponsored