Canadian delivery timeframe

Marty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Anyone here wondering with the price increase and all about further delays on canadian deliveries, especially since we had no news from Transport Canada accreditation? Moreover, what kind of service can we expect here in Canada?
Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I am officially out!

Rivian R1T R1S Canadian delivery timeframe Screenshot 2022-03-02 190854

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Anyone here wondering with the price increase and all about further delays on canadian deliveries, especially since we had no news from Transport Canada accreditation? Moreover, what kind of service can we expect here in Canada?
For what it's worth. I asked CS today via chat and was told: "Yes we're on track and we're excited for our vehicles to be launching in Canada beginning July! "

Granted CS generally is the last to know about changes. I was also told that when the account delivery info launches (s00n) that it will also be more specific than simply re-listing the same window we already received.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
How incorrect this information is would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. Surprising how poorly informed CS is. First deliveries are scheduled for Dec 2022 for those in Vancouver area
For all we know software people in vancouver office are getting trucks this week.

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
For all we know software people in vancouver office are getting trucks this week.
My take is the CS person was simply parroting back the July-Sept timeline that was given to us LE holders last year that was debunked a few weeks ago. Also, i am not sure they would need another employee program for Canada after the robust one in the US with thousands of customer deliveries since.

i honestly doubt that Canadian employee deliveries are imminent, if they will even occur, but who really knows? I like your optimism!

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
lol deliveries start this month...They still haven't even launched the gear shop in Canada yet.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My take is the CS person was simply parroting back the July-Sept timeline that was given to us LE holders last year that was debunked a few weeks ago. Also, i am not sure they would need another employee program for Canada after the robust one in the US with thousands of customer deliveries since.

i honestly doubt that Canadian employee deliveries are imminent, if they will even occur, but who really knows? I like your optimism!
the employee early adopter program ended a long time ago, but this doesn’t mean someone in their Vancouver office isn’t canadian preorder numero uno.

who knows, they could have approval to sell in BC - after all the truck Spotted at their office was on regular plates, not manufacturer or distributor ones.
There are ways around TC approval at the provinciallevel(apply money)

Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
On my way to the cottage late evening (tonite), I saw a Rivian Blue R1T driving in the opposite direction on 401 West near Oshawa. I'm going to see if I can pull the video from my Dashcam tomorrow but I was really happy to see it - first real life Rivian I've seen. I'm wondering if it's someone that drove from the US into Canada or someone in the GTA that has one (employee?).

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
On my way to the cottage late evening (tonite), I saw a Rivian Blue R1T driving in the opposite direction on 401 West near Oshawa. I'm going to see if I can pull the video from my Dashcam tomorrow but I was really happy to see it - first real life Rivian I've seen. I'm wondering if it's someone that drove from the US into Canada or someone in the GTA that has one (employee?).
Hopefully it's Ontario plates and not NY plates.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
likely visiting from the US. they have quite a number of Canadian employees throughout the company, too

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
That article is a bit misleading. First, the luxury tax has been pseudo-official since it was announced back in August of 2021 (it's gone through multiple consultations). Secondly, they don't mention the full details of the luxury tax. From the official announcement on the government website here:

The tax would be calculated at the lesser of 20 per cent of the value above these thresholds ($100,000 for cars and aircraft, $250,000 for boats) or 10 per cent of the full value of the luxury car, boat or aircraft.
So, using my config as an example at ~$101,000 (UGH).

10% of $101,000 (full value) = $10,100
vs
20% of $1,000 (value above threshold) = $200

It's not as bad as the news makes it seems, but still crap. BC gets extra dinged with our tiered PST rates (10%), along with GST (5%), and now this.
Sponsored