Canadian delivery timeframe

kristaga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70, Volvo C303, Willys CJ-3a APU, GMC CCKW
Occupation
Master
If it is any comfort, here in Norway we are not even allowed to pre-order. We probably have to wait for a local European production being started. That might take years.
Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
If it is any comfort, here in Norway we are not even allowed to pre-order. We probably have to wait for a local European production being started. That might take years.
You guys get all sorts of forbidden fruit we won't get, not to mention you get all the European ev's way before we do. Pity us!

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
You guys get all the cool EVs way before we do, and the ones we don't even get.
Let us have this one :cool::D

kristaga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70, Volvo C303, Willys CJ-3a APU, GMC CCKW
Occupation
Master
We have been lucky so far in Norway, the percentage of EVs sold as new cars are over 50 % every month this year except Feb. Fossil fuel and hybrid combined wil be less than 50 % this year.
Since we have so high percentage of EVs producers often want to try to sell their new cars here. But not Rivian unfortunately.
(Every third month a boat load of Teslas arrive, making the statistics jump a bit. Especially visible in '19, now so many competitors are on the market so the effect is less prominent).

Rivian R1T R1S Canadian delivery timeframe 1637855349106

westwinter

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC SRT, Porsche Cayenne S, Nissan GT-R
Delivery update email this morning (my reservation was April 2021):
Your Adventure Package R1S estimated delivery window will be the first half of 2023.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Just got initial delivery timeframe email. Second half of 2023 For my adventure package max pack R1T

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Pre-ordered February 2021 - R1S Adventure Pack - Forest Green with OC - 22 Sport Brights
Your Adventure Package R1S estimated delivery window will be the first half of 2023.

Once again, a very vague timeline. This could be potentially June - July 2023.
I am personally on the fence if I would take delivery at this point for a lot of reasons,

1. The R1 vehicle platform as it stands is quite a bit outdated for a 2022 model, so it will be far behind once it gets delivered in Q2 of 2023 considering the competition would have heated up.

2. What kind of HW upgrades are they planning, and will these upgrades be applied for vehicles they produce later in 2022 and 2023?

3. The CPU/Infotainment as spec'd is already 2 years behind, can it handle any future SW and feature upgrades? How will it be spec'd when it gets released in 2023?

4. Are the cameras being upgraded or is what we are seeing is what is going be packaged in 2023? For me, the cameras in the R1 look low in quality. Is the fact that they have not included a drive recorder due to the limitation of HW processing in real time?

5. A basic Driver+ implementation, lack of 360-degree camera, drive recorder, more music playback choices. And more importantly what is the status of the RAN network in 2023?

6. What are my choices going to be for a 100K BEV SUV in 2023? Rivian has a steep hill to climb if they really want to be successful and competitive, especially in 2023.

So personally, I would be keeping an eye out for a lot of upgrades before I decide to take delivery in 2023.

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Well, mid feb now : on top of everything being said in other threads about Rivian’s silence on American Jan/Feb R1Tdeliveries and the R1S in general, I have seen zero indications that the Canadian side of delivery/service infrastructure is progressing.

While I wish I could share the optimism of some of the fanboys on the forums, I am now pretty convinced no R1S will be delivered in Canada in 2022. Id say a few token R1Ts in the fall, at best.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Well, mid feb now : on top of everything being said in other threads about Rivian’s silence on American Jan/Feb R1Tdeliveries and the R1S in general, I have seen zero indications that the Canadian side of delivery/service infrastructure is progressing.

While I wish I could share the optimism of some of the fanboys on the forums, I am now pretty convinced no R1S will be delivered in Canada in 2022. Id say a few token R1Ts in the fall, at best.
Personally, I have no confidence they will start making Canadian Deliveries before Q4 2022 if I am being optimistic, but realistically it's going to be Q1 2023.

We also do not know how many employee deliveries they have in Canada before they even start with us commoners, who have given Rivian an interest free loan.

Even the CAD career section has been pretty stagnant for a year or so.

Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Have they even homologated the R1T and R1S yet? They said that would be done by February.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Have they even homologated the R1T and R1S yet? They said that would be done by February.
Last I looked they’re still not on the list of approved manufacturers

E-one

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Bolt 2018 Model X
Occupation
Retired
Just got initial delivery timeframe email. Second half of 2023 For my adventure package max pack R1T
Don In Winnipeg have a Adventure/max pack R1T order from Feb. 2020, have not got an email. When did you order yours?

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Rivian is having issues delivering in the U.S. You all seriously expect them to cover another country, despite it being a neighbor country. They need to tackle one hurdle at a time till they get the ramp up to speed. They're still in their inception stage at this point folks. Baby steps ...

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Rivian is having issues delivering in the U.S. You all seriously expect them to cover another country, despite it being a neighbor country. They need to tackle one hurdle at a time till they get the ramp up to speed. They're still in their inception stage at this point folks. Baby steps ...
I expect they will do what they say. They took our deposits and gave a timeline and delivery estimates to canadian customers. What is the point you are trying to make?
Sponsored