Sponsored

Camp speaker randomly waking up while docked?

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
Anyone else have their camp speaker randomly wake up while docked? I've noticed this twice because my phone suddenly picks up the bluetooth and my audio output switches to the speaker. This is all happening while the car is sleeping in my driveway, camp speaker off and latched (for hours), and I'm sitting at my desk ~50 meters away. Perhaps this is something dumb like the speaker is (1) waking up when it hits 100% charge? or (2) waking up due to some car-specific signal internally?
Sponsored

Reactions: pdq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
Happened on my truck since day one back in March. No fix.

item 137 on todays glitch list

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

yes, happens to me as well.. Very annoying.

Hblock10

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Mine just started making the 'wakeup' noise every 5 minutes (we timed it) while driving yesterday.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Mine chimes frequently while driving, sometimes. Off and other buttons are inoperable. Unable to shut the damn thing off when this happens. Beyond annoying. No fix.

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Take it out. Use it until the battery is dead. Don’t put it back.

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
Anyone have a good workaround for this other than intentionally draining the battery and never charging it? Every time I walk by the truck with my phone it does the little "flashy lights wakeup dance" and I hear the speaker power on tone from inside the cabin.

Yes I have PAAK auto lock/unlock set to disabled at home. I've tried removing the speaker and powering it down but it doesn't seem to stay powered off when I redock it. Its an annoying minor issue but seems like another thing that could contribute a small amount to vampire drain of the main battery. 🤔

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
There’s a factory reset procedure you can do on the speaker alone. Mine was doing all you mention but once I did the factory reset and paired it again, it has stopped

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Anyone else have their camp speaker randomly wake up while docked? I've noticed this twice because my phone suddenly picks up the bluetooth and my audio output switches to the speaker. This is all happening while the car is sleeping in my driveway, camp speaker off and latched (for hours), and I'm sitting at my desk ~50 meters away. Perhaps this is something dumb like the speaker is (1) waking up when it hits 100% charge? or (2) waking up due to some car-specific signal internally?
We finally found the source of the vampire drain 🧛‍♂️

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
We finally found the source of the vampire drain 🧛‍♂️
I mean there are probably many sources but this issue cant be helpful.

For example I am sitting in my office above the garage and haven't driven the truck for 24+ hours. I've paired with the speaker exactly 1 time in my 8 mo. of ownership and unpaired shortly after to try to avoid the issue we are discussing here. If I go to the Bluetooth settings on my iphone, i can see "Rivian Camp Speaker" is in pair mode, waiting for me to connect. Does this account for 1+kwh drain per 24 hours....no way. Does it contribute to that drain? You bet.

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I mean there are probably many sources but this issue cant be helpful.

For example I am sitting in my office above the garage and haven't driven the truck for 24+ hours. I've paired with the speaker exactly 1 time in my 8 mo. of ownership and unpaired shortly after to try to avoid the issue we are discussing here. If I go to the Bluetooth settings on my iphone, i can see "Rivian Camp Speaker" is in pair mode, waiting for me to connect. Does this account for 1+kwh drain per 24 hours....no way. Does it contribute to that drain? You bet.
Agreed. Not to derail this thread into vampire drain… i think there are lots of contributors. But the main thing is the lack of a sleep cycle. The TCM (including much of the infotainment) is always on and communicating. Only way I know of to reduce the drain is to go into shipping mode.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Yup...I am often on call in house and seems to go dead....figured out camp speaker took over. Very dumb....

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Isn't a easy solution to this to delete the camp speaker from the list of connected or auto connected bluetooth devices on your phone until needed?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Mine was doing that too but it stops if I close out the app on my phone. Now it lists the camp speaker on the phone bluetooth menu but says not connected.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Keep your mind open that this is not necessarily the fault of the Camp Speaker. In my case, I traced it to a long-known problem with Pandora on the iPhone, where it would automatically connect to a previously-paired speaker even without the Pandora app running. This was happening to my wife whenever she walked into the garage - her phone would connect to the Camp Speaker and music would start playing out of the car. Since she never really uses Pandora anyway, she just deleted the app and the problem hasn't happened since.
Sponsored