Bellevue WA Service Center Performance?

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Update: Vehicle has gone in for it's March 6th scheduled service. It's now March 20th and the vehicle is not done and lots of drama has occurred. I've been lied to by Michael and Angie about the progress and issues with my vehicle. First off the vehicle went in for Due Bills and the Suspension Clunk issue. Due bills were done by "Same Day Auto Scratch and Wheel Repair". I was not notified of this change and was told by the SSOC (Rivian) that this was not on their approved list. I was later told by Bellevue that it was approved, but they refused to elaborate on this issue. Rivian told me the only approved body shop is Accurate Auto body in Redmond.

On their way back from the scratch repair location Michael told me that they had finally found the clunk. This was good news since Bellevue has failed to find it for a year. It's there and my wife confirmed that there is a significant clunk and shutter when leaving parking lots or when there is almost any flex of the suspension on the right front wheel. There is even sometimes a noise like metal on metal. It's like they've reused stretch bolts or something.

We get a call on Friday telling me the vehicle is ready for pick up and everything has been completed. Awesome finally a working vehicle! Got to bellevue which there is no parking. I find a decent place to park and back in. We go in and wait for about 10 minutes before we get helped. The team doing the deliveries seem to be doing good and are very friendly. The service staff is down right rude and condescending! While going over the Work Order and what was done we find out that the clunk was not even looked at or addressed! This is why it's been towed in and it's unsafe to drive. There is float above 65mph. They try and claim no issue was found even after they told me over the phone that an issue was found and they were looking into it. The vehicle was not completed like they had told me. They seem completely unable to fix or even diagnose the cause of the clunk like so many others have experienced.

This is a bit long winded, but sadly the process is not even close to over. Needless to say my wife now refuses to drive the car after how it clunked and banged on her leaving work 3 days in a row before we dropped the car off. Someone at Bellevue is not being honest and I want to know what is actually going on!!!
What I've found is you have to be really careful with Rivian service in recording who said what. They're so disorganized that you'll get two entirely different stories depending on who you talk to.

For something as serious as the clunk I probably would have refused to pick it up. Obviously you dropped it off to have that fixed, and it isn't fixed.

In my own experience the Bellevue Service center was unable to fix the tok sound on acceleration or declaration. Then I decided to take it to the Tualatin Oregon Service center, and after they looked into it they said it was within tolerance. That the tok is normal and to expect it when accelerating and decelerating. In fact they said it was a good thing and too tight was bad.

My plan is to continuously file Service Request until Rivian makes an official announcement on the issue, and I hope other people do the same thing. The issue is the vehicle makes an abnormal noise that isn't present on other high performance EV's. I didn't experience it on either the Model S I had or the Model 3 Performance.
Sponsored

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
What I've found is you have to be really careful with Rivian service in recording who said what. They're so disorganized that you'll get two entirely different stories depending on who you talk to.

For something as serious as the clunk I probably would have refused to pick it up. Obviously you dropped it off to have that fixed, and it isn't fixed.

In my own experience the Bellevue Service center was unable to fix the tok sound on acceleration or declaration. Then I decided to take it to the Tualatin Oregon Service center, and after they looked into it they said it was within tolerance. That the tok is normal and to expect it when accelerating and decelerating. In fact they said it was a good thing and too tight was bad.

My plan is to continuously file Service Request until Rivian makes an official announcement on the issue, and I hope other people do the same thing. The issue is the vehicle makes an abnormal noise that isn't present on other high performance EV's. I didn't experience it on either the Model S I had or the Model 3 Performance.

I refused to pick it up and it's still there. I'm getting different stories from one advisor to the other. SSOC is also giving me different answers than the Service Center. It's like getting 4 completely different stories all at once.....

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

They have two more service centers planned for the Sound. It's obviously an issue, and they're trying to prioritize appointments for things that are critical or not.

Which reminds me of a story:

And, not an excuse, but my wife took over a month to get into Volvo Bellevue for something we had fixed last winter, and knew what it was. We told them, they knew. They had our XC60 for a week, only to have a tech look at it and say they didn't have the part and needed to order it. They called back about a month later with the part, and said they wouldn't be able to get her in for two months. My wife can't get them to call her back now to try and schedule it.

The part is a heater. They replaced *the heater* last year, it failed sometime since then, so she now doesn't have a heater when driving it on electric (we have the PHEV).

Even with the wait times at the Bellevue SC, I have the opportunity to tease my wife about how bad her experience is with an alternative that isn't massively growing and already has several service centers in the region.
Turns out they have decided not to go through with the Redmond SC location. So they are sticking with Bellevue and the large warehouse in south Seattle. The rumor is they may try to expand the Bellevue location, not sure exactly how though since all around them the land is occupied by other businesses.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Turns out they have decided not to go through with the Redmond SC location. So they are sticking with Bellevue and the large warehouse in south Seattle. The rumor is they may try to expand the Bellevue location, not sure exactly how though since all around them the land is occupied by other businesses.
They should have bought the dealership property to the south a year ago...

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
They should have bought the dealership property to the south a year ago...

Would have been cheaper to just build a new building rather than renovate the shit show they have now in Bellevue. Shocked they even used that building. It's been a ton of different businesses over the years. The front area to the south was a weed shop for a hot minute...

Kind of weird that South SF got such a large space, but the only one in WA got such a tiny space. It's so messy!
Sponsored