First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
Well my issues got interesting. Got my vehicle back about a month ago and have been working since then to get it back in, but RPAs were taking their sweet time. Got the vehicle back after being told there was no alignment issue for the 2nd time now. I said okay maybe I'm just crazy and it's crowning in the road or something. I did a ton of testing and driving from Seattle to Bellingham. Put a few hundred miles on it just in testing to look for the alignment issue. They claimed to have test driven the vehicle when in reality there was .5 miles put on it. Sat for a week and only got touched for the recall. Honestly though I have zero proof even that was done! The blatant dishonesty is frustrating at this point. I have a 3rd party performance shop lined up to maybe look at the alignment instead of Rivian, but we are in WA Lemon territory so I'm kind of stuck with having to have Rivian try and fix it.

The steering wheel rests about 1 to 2 degrees to the left. The vehicle also has some noticeable movement in the front end when going over bumps or cracks in the road. Not the oh there are ruts in the road, but more of a oh this feels like a bushing is bad or the steering rack is loose kind of movement. One of my other issues is that the right front tire is now wearing smooth on the outside edge and the left front tire has significant feathering. So much so that the tires now howl on asphalt.

All in all my next appointment isn't until March at this point. Meaning my alignment issue will go past a full year with Bellevue just refusing to even fix the issue. They also told me to take my vehicle to a body shop to have the body fit and dents from my due bill completed. "Rivian will reimburse you" - SSOC.

3rd time is a charm I guess.................... 13 months later!

Update: Car had to be towed in (12/20/2022) for a separate issue from the alignment. Alignment has been completed, but only because the Hunter Alignment Tech was in town and used my vehicle for a training aide (what Bellevue told me). Clunk and subframe movement issue it was towed in for was not addressed. I was told it was addressed, but it was not as the problem is still persisting... Car is going back 1/25/2022.

Sponsored

Last edited:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Well my issues got interesting. Got my vehicle back about a month ago and have been working since then to get it back in, but RPAs were taking their sweet time. Got the vehicle back after being told there was no alignment issue for the 2nd time now. I said okay maybe I'm just crazy and it's crowning in the road or something. I did a ton of testing and driving from Seattle to Bellingham. Put a few hundred miles on it just in testing to look for the alignment issue. They claimed to have test driven the vehicle when in reality there was .5 miles put on it. Sat for a week and only got touched for the recall. Honestly though I have zero proof even that was done! The blatant dishonesty is frustrating at this point. I have a 3rd party performance shop lined up to maybe look at the alignment instead of Rivian, but we are in WA Lemon territory so I'm kind of stuck with having to have Rivian try and fix it.

The steering wheel rests about 1 to 2 degrees to the left. The vehicle also has some noticeable movement in the front end when going over bumps or cracks in the road. Not the oh there are ruts in the road, but more of a oh this feels like a bushing is bad or the steering rack is loose kind of movement. One of my other issues is that the right front tire is now wearing smooth on the outside edge and the left front tire has significant feathering. So much so that the tires now howl on asphalt.

All in all my next appointment isn't until March at this point. Meaning my alignment issue will go past a full year with Bellevue just refusing to even fix the issue. They also told me to take my vehicle to a body shop to have the body fit and dents from my due bill completed. "Rivian will reimburse you" - SSOC.

I didn't quite understand your comment about the Lemon Law here in WA, but as an FYI the Lemon Law does not apply to you. Your vehicle was not purchased in WA, it was purchased in Illinois.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your troubles, seems more like a vehicle issue than a Bellevue SC issue. They've been nothing but THE BEST for me with my troubles.

That left pull on alignment is scary. They err right for safety reasons, but yours is dangerous. Have you gotten the before and after spec sheet?

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Have to agree that Bellevue has been awesome. A few weeks back I had my truck in to Accurate Auto Body (Justin and Accurate are awesome! Highly recommend!) and they needed to get my truck over to Rivian to do a recalibration of the cameras. I was flying back from a work trip on Friday and a bit panicked that it didn't sound like they'd be able to get it done in time. I was scheduled to start moving the very next day, so I practically begged Justin at Accurate and Michael at the service center to help me out.

After a little bit of juggling and shuffling, and I believe a few people working extra hours, they were able to get the recalibration done for me and had it back to Accurate for me to pick up about an hour after closing that night.

I felt bad that I took them away from work on other people's vehicles (the lead times for repairs at Accurate are also months long - symptom of there being a fair number of trucks on the roads up here but very few places that can work on them), but I am so thankful to both parties for helping me out in a bind. Not getting my truck back until Monday or Tuesday of that next week (as they were originally thinking) would have been a huge problem for me and forced me to rent something last-minute to start the move.

Also recently got the recall service done at Bellevue. Rolled up unannounced, left with it resolved 5 minutes later.

I've had nothing but stellar experiences with Rivian service and the Bellevue service center specifically.

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
Sorry to hear about your troubles, seems more like a vehicle issue than a Bellevue SC issue. They've been nothing but THE BEST for me with my troubles.

That left pull on alignment is scary. They err right for safety reasons, but yours is dangerous. Have you gotten the before and after spec sheet?

I've asked twice never got one for either service.

As of today the alignment issue is getting steadily worse and worse under all speeds. When there is regen breaking it pulls to the left harder. They don't seem to consider this a safety issue.

I'm honestly shocked...

Last edited:

Sponsored

theHoff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 LE R1S
I took delivery of my R1S on 12/17. There are a few minor things that need to be corrected:
1. Air compressor trim prevents the hose from connecting
2. Roof trim is loose and causing wind noise at highway speeds
3. There is manufacturing debris in one of the crossbar mounting locations (can't mount crossbar)
4. The front passenger reading light comes on randomly while driving

I filed a service request just a few days after taking delivery, but the first opening was five months out. This is not a knock on the Bellevue SC, but Rivian needs to expand their service capacity quickly. This is not an acceptable wait time for a $96k vehicle. What happens if a serious issue crops up that prevents use of the vehicle? Will I be without my R1S for nearly half a year?

Love everything about the R1S. It's been so much fun to drive.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I took delivery of my R1S on 12/17. There are a few minor things that need to be corrected:
1. Air compressor trim prevents the hose from connecting
2. Roof trim is loose and causing wind noise at highway speeds
3. There is manufacturing debris in one of the crossbar mounting locations (can't mount crossbar)
4. The front passenger reading light comes on randomly while driving

I filed a service request just a few days after taking delivery, but the first opening was five months out. This is not a knock on the Bellevue SC, but Rivian needs to expand their service capacity quickly. This is not an acceptable wait time for a $96k vehicle. What happens if a serious issue crops up that prevents use of the vehicle? Will I be without my R1S for nearly half a year?

Love everything about the R1S. It's been so much fun to drive.
I am surprised by the hole adaptor issue since this was remedied in September and you have only just taken delivery. When was your vehicle made?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This is not a knock on the Bellevue SC, but Rivian needs to expand their service capacity quickly. This is not an acceptable wait time for a $96k vehicle. What happens if a serious issue crops up that prevents use of the vehicle? Will I be without my R1S for nearly half a year?
They have two more service centers planned for the Sound. It's obviously an issue, and they're trying to prioritize appointments for things that are critical or not.

Which reminds me of a story:

And, not an excuse, but my wife took over a month to get into Volvo Bellevue for something we had fixed last winter, and knew what it was. We told them, they knew. They had our XC60 for a week, only to have a tech look at it and say they didn't have the part and needed to order it. They called back about a month later with the part, and said they wouldn't be able to get her in for two months. My wife can't get them to call her back now to try and schedule it.

The part is a heater. They replaced *the heater* last year, it failed sometime since then, so she now doesn't have a heater when driving it on electric (we have the PHEV).

Even with the wait times at the Bellevue SC, I have the opportunity to tease my wife about how bad her experience is with an alternative that isn't massively growing and already has several service centers in the region.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

What happens if a serious issue crops up that prevents use of the vehicle? Will I be without my R1S for nearly half a year?
You get prioritized and wait less time; minor issues get you to the back of the line unfortunately.

I was lucky to already have an appointment booked way out for something minor, then my windshield cracked. The only Rivian certified windshield replacement/body shop folks here said I couldn't get an ESTIMATE until that same appointment day, mid January. So Rivian was kind enough to add my windshield replacement to my existing appointment.

Speaking of... Does a windshield take "days" to replace and cure? I remember having my CR-V glass done in an hour in a parking lot and ready to drive after a few hours. Rivian is giving me a rental and plan on having it for the week.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Speaking of... Does a windshield take "days" to replace and cure? I remember having my CR-V glass done in an hour in a parking lot and ready to drive after a few hours. Rivian is giving me a rental and plan on having it for the week.
Depends on the windshield, seating, any tech integrations. Basic windshield can be done in an hour, more complex seatings take longer. If you have certain types of integrated defrosters, cameras, even wipers or fluid sprayers, it can take longer I think. Days seems... too much, though. Idk.

Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
I have to say that you guys are scaring the crap out of me with this "months of service" stuff.

I've had to have several big things done with my JGC and from time of call to time of resolve has never been more than a couple days at my local service center, most were same day drop off.

Rivian better step it up by June.

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
I have a pretty concerning and terrifying update on my Rivian and how Bellevue SC handled my tow in for a safety concern.

Cut to the good part: They released it without verifying my concern and told me it was a different issue. Issue is still present and dangerous... The vehicle got released with the safety concern still present yet being told the safety concern was dealt with.... "axle creep". The actual complaint is a clunk from the front and rear subframe when driving under standard road conditions. Steering wheel moves along with pedals and you can feel a bang in both front seats (seats are tight). Feels like a ICE vehicle with blow motor mounts or transmission mounts.

Currently trying to figure out who can fix my Rivian as it's plain broken and Bellevue has at this point refused to repair! Hopefully they will begin to take this more seriously after my call to Rivian last night!

I was going to write a big long story, but after fighting with Rivian about this so much I'm just exhausted. If anyone needs to know I can tell them the nitty gritty.

Forgot to add that I got the vehicle back with around 18% SOC.

Last edited:

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
You get prioritized and wait less time; minor issues get you to the back of the line unfortunately.

I was lucky to already have an appointment booked way out for something minor, then my windshield cracked. The only Rivian certified windshield replacement/body shop folks here said I couldn't get an ESTIMATE until that same appointment day, mid January. So Rivian was kind enough to add my windshield replacement to my existing appointment.

It's because of all the integrated systems and cameras needing recalibration. It doesn't take days to do that, but it does take some time in an R1T. I had the windshield replaced on my Defender and it took them a few hours to do it because of the safety systems. When I had my tailgate replaced on the R1T they had to recalibrate the cameras (Safe to assume this is necessary for windshield replacement as well) and that took them a half a day of work (probably not constant work, but I was told the calibration process takes like 6 hours).

A couple days is probably reasonable given the way they are staffed and scheduled. It won't be 3 days of constant work, but it might be they need that big a window to guarantee a tech can spend enough hours with it.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

A couple days is probably reasonable given the way they are staffed and scheduled. It won't be 3 days of constant work, but it might be they need that big a window to guarantee a tech can spend enough hours with it.
Just got it back yesterday, apparently it was waiting for the actual tech to be around. Not sure if they travel or what the deal is, but it was 3 days total of work. Day 1, replace glass. Day 2, minimum 48 hour cure. Day 3, calibrate.

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
Update: Vehicle has gone in for it's March 6th scheduled service. It's now March 20th and the vehicle is not done and lots of drama has occurred. I've been lied to by Michael and Angie about the progress and issues with my vehicle. First off the vehicle went in for Due Bills and the Suspension Clunk issue. Due bills were done by "Same Day Auto Scratch and Wheel Repair". I was not notified of this change and was told by the SSOC (Rivian) that this was not on their approved list. I was later told by Bellevue that it was approved, but they refused to elaborate on this issue. Rivian told me the only approved body shop is Accurate Auto body in Redmond.

On their way back from the scratch repair location Michael told me that they had finally found the clunk. This was good news since Bellevue has failed to find it for a year. It's there and my wife confirmed that there is a significant clunk and shutter when leaving parking lots or when there is almost any flex of the suspension on the right front wheel. There is even sometimes a noise like metal on metal. It's like they've reused stretch bolts or something.

We get a call on Friday telling me the vehicle is ready for pick up and everything has been completed. Awesome finally a working vehicle! Got to bellevue which there is no parking. I find a decent place to park and back in. We go in and wait for about 10 minutes before we get helped. The team doing the deliveries seem to be doing good and are very friendly. The service staff is down right rude and condescending! While going over the Work Order and what was done we find out that the clunk was not even looked at or addressed! This is why it's been towed in and it's unsafe to drive. There is float above 65mph. They try and claim no issue was found even after they told me over the phone that an issue was found and they were looking into it. The vehicle was not completed like they had told me. They seem completely unable to fix or even diagnose the cause of the clunk like so many others have experienced.

This is a bit long winded, but sadly the process is not even close to over. Needless to say my wife now refuses to drive the car after how it clunked and banged on her leaving work 3 days in a row before we dropped the car off. Someone at Bellevue is not being honest and I want to know what is actually going on!!!
Sponsored