First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Am curious to know customer sat level for Bellevue repairs. Above average? Average? Below average? If the latter, are they at least improving/figuring things out?
Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I've been happy with them the few times we've been engaged. They've been accommodating of my desire to drive in for service rather than take mobile service in downtown Seattle on busy streets, which I've appreciated.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I wish I had positive things to say. My only service appointment had 43 items on the work order. Got my truck back after 5 weeks and only 1 item was actually improved. All other items were "No problem found" or markedly worse. They couldn't even satisfactorily accomplish a 5-tire rotation (they only did a 4 tire, with no explanation as to why they didn't/wouldn't/couldn't do a 5 tire which was clearly listed on the WO), but at least they didn't charge me for it...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I wish I had positive things to say. My only service appointment had 43 items on the work order. Got my truck back after 5 weeks and only 1 item was actually improved. All other items were "No problem found" or markedly worse. They couldn't even satisfactorily accomplish a 5-tire rotation (they only did a 4 tire, with no explanation as to why they didn't/wouldn't/couldn't do a 5 tire which was clearly listed on the WO), but at least they didn't charge me for it...
I can talk to the 5 tire a bit. They are supposed to be charging for tire rotations, but didn't charge me either. I brought mine in around 5k to try and rotate in the spare and was told they don't. The reason being basically that it's not recommended by their engineering team. Which I'm guessing means they haven't tested it.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I can talk to the 5 tire a bit. They are supposed to be charging for tire rotations, but didn't charge me either. I brought mine in around 5k to try and rotate in the spare and was told they don't. The reason being basically that it's not recommended by their engineering team. Which I'm guessing means they haven't tested it.
Wierd that service would specifically schedule me a 5 tire rotation if they don't do them... I guess it makes Rivian sense...

Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Am curious to know customer sat level for Bellevue repairs. Above average? Average? Below average? If the latter, are they at least improving/figuring things out?
Have had a couple issues since I got the truck 1st week of April...the wire harness/windshield wiper issue, they sent a flat bed out and I had the truck back the next afternoon. They sent mobile service out to take care of a sensor issue. That was super. So, not complaints here...

R1TLG20BM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE vehicles
Been through there a number of times (all small stuff, nothing serious). Unfortunately they're not great. Attentiveness to the lobby is awkward at best, and the fact that it's not monitored may even be a health concern if anyone happened to have an incident. Mechanics seem to be learning on the fly. No real expertise at all, but its new to them just as much as it is to us. Point is, you just have to be patient with it. Great attitudes with great potential, but limited experience.

There are a number of things that I wish they'd put service letters out for and give the option to resolve on your own. Most trips to the SC require multiple returns to resolve realistically. They do have alignments dialed in though.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Had a minor hood issue and suspension issue that was promptly taken care of within a business day by the service center. I expected there to be some hiccups with service being that they are new but it was really good and painless. Been problem free since then.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

if you think the service is so-so now, wait until more Amazon vans get delivered. i suspect those might take priority over consumer vehicles. sure they will get better and more efficient as they learn and gain experience but based on the space of the SC in Bellevue and the number of staff, they can only service so many vehicles at a time. i could see it getting worse before it gets better.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
if you think the service is so-so now, wait until more Amazon vans get delivered. i suspect those might take priority over consumer vehicles. sure they will get better and more efficient as they learn and gain experience but based on the space of the SC in Bellevue and the number of staff, they can only service so many vehicles at a time. i could see it getting worse before it gets better.
I could be wrong but I thought I read Amazon vans would eventually have its own service component separate from the consumer Rivian stuff. At some point Rivian will have to open a new service center to handle the demand but we are probably a while from that. Tesla just opened another service center in Fife and it still takes weeks to get an appointment with their service center. They have a 10 year head start on deliveries over Rivian.

Sponsored

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
Since I can not say too much I will just say this.

My experience with getting work completed in Bellevue would have me looking for another dealer or shop in any other situation. Loving my Mercedes experience though! Man Mercedes has it dialed in. Master class on how to treat customers.

Also I got told next service appointment in Bellevue would be around January or February by the SSOC.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Since I can not say too much I will just say this.

My experience with getting work completed in Bellevue would have me looking for another dealer or shop in any other situation. Loving my Mercedes experience though! Man Mercedes has it dialed in. Master class on how to treat customers.

Also I got told next service appointment in Bellevue would be around January or February by the SSOC.
Why can't you say more? Any details about what your service experiences related to and why you feel the way you do?

I've never been told by Rivian service or this service center that I can't talk about my service experience.

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
Why can't you say more? Any details about what your service experiences related to and why you feel the way you do?

I've never been told by Rivian service or this service center that I can't talk about my service experience.
My issues come down to items being marked done on Work Orders and invoice when they're clearly incomplete. I will spill more at a later date. I've also gotten the R1T back with damage. There seems to be a head in the sand attitude right now.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting. That hasn't been my experience but it's been a minute since I've visited them, aside from the recall service which was fast and painless.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I'm waiting 3 months for my first Bellevue appointment, which is disappointing but not surprising.

The service scheduling was a mess. I'm not sure if this is handled centrally or by the service center. It took several calls over multiple days to finally get everything sorted. The work order was initially missing most of the items. They told me I would have to pay to have my R1T towed in, then later said it would be zero cost.

On the plus side, the recall that was performed by the mobile service went well. Communication was excellent, the tech was on time and service was quick. Also, I did call the SC to track down the guy making my delivery and that went well. The person I talked to wasn't sure he could help but went out of his way to message the driver.
Sponsored