Sponsored

Began your Rivian Guide process? Please consider sharing some info.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Any word of more Guide contacts with forum members since last week? I realize this group is a thin sliver but given there were 4 or 5 last week in a single day, I would not expect the first week of June to pass by without any more happening... ?
It would not surprise me to have no contact emails this week. We do not know how many emails went out last week. They are working around the meeting scheduling. It would probably not be good to send out the welcome emails to people for an appointment schedule and have nothing opened for 2 or 3 weeks.

I would expect these contacts to come out in smaller waves and not necessarily every week.
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

We're all just guessing here, but if Guide contacts are not anticipated on a weekly (or daily) basis, at least very soon, then how will Rivian climb the production ramp-up curve?

Speculative numbers here: we learned about a dozen Guides right now (say for next 2 weeks), and each holds 4-5 contacts a day (4 or 5 days a week), that's roughly 200-300 units/wkly at those numbers. It's possible they've already contacted the first couple of week's worth, or 1st month's LE customers in the brief engagements so far.

But if initial Guide contacts all happened in just a couple days so far, that reduces initial batch size to around 100 units total. Who knows I guess.

Would sure be nice if Rivian gave some indications of the planned number of Launch Editions (T&S). Their own statements "book-end" them to holding all L.E. customer contacts by November which they reiterated (surprisingly) in the recent short schedule slip announcement. Its probable, even very likely that Rivian will adjust that down the road pushing LE contacts into early 2022 (maybe).

Wanderer

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Etron
Sometimes it’s much more simple. The motivation for someone to come and post about their guide contact and how it was identical to all the others is very low. It’s actually a waste of time. Understandable why the first few did, but I wouldn’t expect anyone else to come share a bunch of nothing.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Sometimes it’s much more simple. The motivation for someone to come and post about their guide contact and how it was identical to all the others is very low. It’s actually a waste of time. Understandable why the first few did, but I wouldn’t expect anyone else to come share a bunch of nothing.
Still, I suspect most active forum members will at least post a "me too" when they get their first guide contact, if for no other reason than to document which locations and configurations are being contacted.

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Glad to hear that some of us are being contacted by the Guides. I wish those of you who have or are being contacted would also state the date of your order. Are they calling people based on when their orders were placed?
Also seems like nobody got any firm dates on when to expect their trucks?
Sponsored