Began your Rivian Guide process? Please consider sharing some info.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
So with the process of Guides beginning to make contact today, even if only by email, it might be helpful to have a thread where people lucky enough to be in that situation share some information that might help elucidate some generalities about how things are being rolled out.
What vehicle are you getting? Obviously will all be LE R1Ts to start but when eventually switches over to non LE or R1S that would be good to know.
What city and state are you taking delivery in?
What exterior and interior color combination did you configure?
Guide provide any info that might bump up or push back anticipated delivery date?
Anything else that might be of interest?
Thank you!

Advertisement

OP
F

Friscorays

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
Ok so from first thirty pages of this thread https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/rivian-guide-contacted-finally-for-real-📬.1590/

Reported on forum May 28:​
AdamL: Rivian blue / black mountain R1T with standard 20 inch A/T wheels. Seattle Washington order#1234 11/26/18 R1T with mentioned options crossbars, compressor kit, spare tire and mats.

shzeph: Rivian blue / black mountain Bellevue Washington order #3770 12/13/18 with mentioned options loaded including kitchen and tent.

godfodder: Rivian blue / black mountain with standard 20 inch A/T wheels. Kitsap Peninsula Washington #7xxx with mentioned options kitchen and off road package.

khaneric: Rivian blue / black mountain. Simi Valley California March 1, 2019.

Friend of jimcgov3 ("Jeff"): Rivian blue / black mountain R1T with 20 inch A/T wheels. Long Island, New York April 24, 2019.

Kialoa: El Capitan granite / black mountain. Massachusetts February 2019. 20 inch all terrain wheels with camp kitchen.

Last edited:

timesinks

Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, FJ, Sprinter
No contact for us: Rivian blue / black mountain, Seattle, order #17XX (there abouts, don't recall exactly but definitely Nov 2018), R1T LE, w/ kitchen, spare tire, off road, and Seattle Washington.

So wondering what role random chance might have played here or what other factors might be relevant... And irked at , no jealous of, no, happy for those in our area with our configuration and later orders who heard something today. :crying:

OP
F

Friscorays

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
If betting on who might get an email on Tuesday, I would put my money on you timesinks!

OP
F

Friscorays

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
godfodder0901 posted this after his first talk with a Rivian Guide June 1:​
"Just got off of my hour and 15 min (45 min scheduled) call. As stated earlier, the purpose of the call was indeed to verify address/ZIP for delivery, configuration, and delivery window.
Very little new information, but I did confirm a few things:
1. The initial vehicles will be built in batches, and the Blue/Black was in that set. Unsure what other combinations are in that set other than one other member having El Cap and black.
2. Color and wheel selection will affect production window. Guides aren't sure by how much, but it will be a consideration.
3. Proximity to a service center was a major factor. They used my billing ZIP, but it differed from my home ZIP. Changing it didn't affect my date, but they did need to verify it.
4. There are only about 16 guides.....
5. The current wheel and tire options are likely the only options that will be offered, i.e. no Dark RIT 20's...
6. Colors should have been finalized about a week ago.
7. Trade-ins facilitated by Rivian must be applied to the purchase price of the vehicle."
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/rivian-guide-contacted-finally-for-real-📬.1590/post-37329

Shzeph first interaction with guide over the span of a few posts beginning June 1:​
"So just got off my Guide call! It was…..interesting. We reviewed my configuration, and went over a few details:
1) She said that delivery would happen by at least November (?!) but that it may be sooner
2) Over the next couple of weeks she would be sending me “educational” material that covers things like financing, trade-ins, etc
3) EPA ranges are still being finalised and will be included in the aforementioned educational material
Edit: 4) Factory delivery is almost certainly going to be offered in “some form” and she noted on my profile that I was interested in it
So basically……idk how to feel now. Yay I have a Guide, but the rest of the info was kinda just…..meh."
"Yeah, pretty much that. The November thing has me concerned, but the way she phrased it made it seem like that was the latest possible delivery date rather than an actual estimation."
"It might just be a wording thing? My guide said delivery was estimated “At least by the end of November, possibly earlier” So that could include Aug/Sep. I just really don’t know, and seems like the Guides don’t really know either 🤷‍♂️"
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/rivian-guide-contacted-finally-for-real-📬.1590/post-37452

Khaneric posted about initial guide interaction June 1:​
"So my guide experience was similar to everyone else's. Took 15 minutes and just confirmed a few things here and there. I was told she would email lost of education in the coming weeks when it was released.
I also complained about not having enough information presently to cut them a check for 80k so hopefully that gets run up the chain.
One final thing I thought was very interesting is she told me that the off-road package was removed, but if I added it back on (I took mine off) then it would get me the truck sooner.
I was VERY suspicious by this comment and asked the question of how much sooner, days, weeks, months etc which was just answered by not sure, it's up to the "build team".
Needless to say I opted to keep my current config without the off-road package.
My guide was nice though, but they are obviously very handcuffed by their bosses and this secrecy needs to stop."
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/rivian-guide-contacted-finally-for-real-📬.1590/post-37504

AdamL made this post June 2 about first guide interaction day before:​
"Yes, I did have my guide call yesterday (about 30 min), and this will probably be more of what we have heard so far from the other guide calls, but here is a brief rundown form my call and my perspective:
My guide was super friendly and seemed genuinely happy to finally be making some of these calls. She did ask quite a bit about my hobbies, my family, and how I would be using the truck. She has been working at Rivian for about a year and did migrate over from the CS team. She even mentioned that she is quite familiar with some of the outstanding questions and concerns from the Rivian community.
  • We did review the same address/configuration questions that other are reporting. I asked if one particular configuration was more likely to get a build earlier, and she mentioned that they are still working out the production runs, so not quite a direct answer.
  • Before I could ask, she acknowledged that most folks had been asking about range numbers and UX details. She mentioned that there will be a series of emails forthcoming with much more information about both of those questions.
  • I asked if it would be possible to get the wall mount earlier to get a jump on installing it and it seemed like that would be possible, but not a direct yes. She did ask about how I intended to handle home charging and we discussed it for a bit. I have a dedicated circuit already to charge my 3, so should be a straightforward install.
  • I asked her if tank turn is still a ‘thing’ or if it has disappeared into the ether. She said that it was still a feature.
  • Like @Shzeph reported, the only timeline I was given with any degree of certainty was November. She mentioned it could be possible beforehand, but not sure of details.
To be clear, I don’t think this means that deliveries are even further behind and Rivian should be criticized for their misinformation, I just think that they are still not quite sure of production schedule and did not want to over promise. It did still let the wind out my sails a bit, though.
  • There will be digital store at some point. She even asked me what I would like to see in the store and she mentioned some of the items others had asked for.
  • I did ask a lot of questions about the timing of the actual production/financing/build cycle. From the time your number is pulled, is it a 3-week process? 4-weeks? She is going to get some more detail about that.
  • I asked about the app. The magical elusive app that can be used to track production, handle financing/insurance, etc. as well as manage the truck. *shock* More info soon. I then asked about whether the app would be released one day on the iOS/android stores or if it would be sent to each person before the production cycle begins. She was going to find out about that.
Overall, I am still excited as ever, but didn’t quite get the excitement boost I might have been hoping for. That’s more an issue of what I expected in my own head, not necessarily Rivian letting me down. I mean, why would the guides tell me something about a detail or feature that they wouldn’t make available to everyone? If Bezos was my last name, maybe.
We will see what happens from here, and I am more than happy to keep posting about my experience and I hope other do as well. Our collective experience and excitement are what makes these forums so much fun."
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/rivian-guide-contacted-finally-for-real-📬.1590/post-37551

KiaLoa posted this June 2:​
"Just finished my Rivian Guide Introductory Meeting (Summary):
Thought I only had 1-2 questions, but meeting went for an hour. Overall - much better than expected, and got answers to most of my questions. My Guide was very up-front, gave me specifics when she could, and was upfront on questions she did not have an answer for. In short - the process from here on out seems to be broken down into 5 steps:

1) Introductory Meeting: June - clarify ordering/delivery process, address and check on Configuration/Options. Apparently options these have no impact on the Delivery Date.
2) Educational Materials: July - a number of these will start in early July, and provide us ~weekly updates for 3-4 weeks.
3) 'Infrastructure Call': August - clarify and finalize home charging setup/installation. Will need a 60A circuit set up to achieve max charging rates (48A).
4) Transaction to Delivery Meeting: Late Sept/early October - This is the meeting at which Title/Registration information is finalized, any financing is finalized, and if you have a trade-in the details for this are finalized - ie signed. The timing of this meeting is set by the Guide, based on the likely Production Date (which she tracks). About 3-4 weeks before this date the Guide will reach out to set up this meeting, and at that stage have the exact production/delivery dates for your build.
5) Delivery Day (for me set to Week 4, October): Just to recap - 2/16/19 reservation with an El Cap Granite, 20" All Terrain, Black Mtn interior build. Delivery options are touchless, or guided walkthrough/instruction at your house.

We covered a lot of more ground around accessories, test drives, service stations, mobile repair teams, winches - but the above are the main take-aways."
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/rivian-guide-contacted-finally-for-real-📬.1590/post-37567

Jeff, friend of Jimcgov3:​
Video of his impressions on initial guide contact posted June 7, 2021: "Rivian guide call play-by-play (from R1T pre-order holder)".

Last edited:

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Thanks @Friscorays. To be honest, I was getting tired of filtering through the complaining in the other thread. This is really helpful. @godfodder0901 has been super patient dealing with us. Hopefully people chill out a bit as this goes forward.
Hopefully Rivian starts communicating better.

Wanderer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Etron
Hopefully Rivian starts communicating better.
Your logic suggests you have knowledge that they could communicate better but are choosing not to. If you have such knowledge, perhaps you could communicate better?

First Name
Roland
Reaction score
Website
www.weathermission.com
First Name
Roland
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
Stop. Don't turn this thread into another complaining one.
yes, seriously, all the bitchin' and moanin' has me very turned off from this forum. I'm looking forward to the day when folks are posting photos of all the cool builds and hacks they're doing with their own Rivian and helping each other get the most out of the vehicle. Til then.....

OP
F

Friscorays

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
So everyone in first group of folks contacted by email on first day guide program went live have reported their initial impressions as above. I believe friend of jimcgov3 is Jeff who discusses his experience in Rivian Stories video titled "Rivian guide call play-by-play (from R1T pre-order holder).

There has been some subsequent discussion of delivery dates quoted to people during talks with guides. godfodder0901 states he was told "September at the latest." Shzeph sent a text to guide regarding delivery date and received this "“You were pulled to be contacted by a Guide because of your configuration choices. Your anticipated delivery will be by November, but … it could totally be earlier. Once the vehicle is built, it has to go through testing to make sure everything is perfect before we deliver it to you. Once we get further into the process, I will have a firmer date to provide!”

Winch has also been a topic of discussion and KiaLoa reports this: "I asked about Warn winches, and whether or not Rivian was in discussions with Warn on Rivian-specific or Rivian-optimized winches. She did not know but promised to follow up with the relevant in-house experts."

After first round of reported guide contacts, their have been some questionable additional contacts reported on Reddit and the like but so far as of June 9, I am not aware of concrete report of second round of contacts here.

I think this is a pretty fair summary of the meat of the discussion in the main guide contact thread up to page #43, post #640.

Last edited:

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired Executive
Ok so from first twenty four pages of this thread https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/rivian-guide-contacted-finally-for-real-📬.1590/

Reported on forum May 28:​
AdamL: Rivian blue / black mountain R1T with standard 20 inch A/T wheels. Seattle Washington order#1234 11/26/18 R1T with mentioned options crossbars, compressor kit, spare tire and mats.

shzeph: Rivian blue / black mountain Bellevue Washington order #3770 12/13/18 with mentioned options loaded including kitchen and tent.

godfodder: Rivian blue / black mountain with standard 20 inch A/T wheels. Kitsap Peninsula Washington #7xxx with mentioned options kitchen and off road package.

khaneric: Rivian blue / black mountain. Simi Valley California March 1, 2019.

Friend of jimcgov3: Rivian blue / black mountain. Somewhere in New York.

Kialoa: El Capitan granite / black mountain. Massachusetts February 2019. 20 inch all terrain wheels with camp kitchen.
This is great. Thanks! Glad to see a ”somewhere in NY” since I am also somewhere in NY!

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RAV4-Prime, future Rivian R1T or 'Lightning'
Occupation
Engineer
Any word of more Guide contacts with forum members since last week? I realize this group is a thin sliver but given there were 4 or 5 last week in a single day, I would not expect the first week of June to pass by without any more happening... 🤔

Advertisement

Advertisement