Sponsored

E_Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was a Jan 2022 Preorder. I had quad max too, they moved me to dual max, and I got sick of waiting.

in May I switched my config to Quad Large and got store access a few days later. Took delivery in early June.

I wonder ifyou could change your config and get store access. Though sounds like you’re just done.
Have had store access a while. The range was important for me. I kept going back and forth as the quad has the motors and performance but the range. I get it. I chose to wait for range but Al based on what Rivian kept saying. Hang in there, your a long time res holder it’s coming. They just kept kicking the can. While I can get a truck sooner, it’s not what I reserved a long ass time ago. I also find it hard to trust the firm at this point. Hard to spend this money when the communication has been as is. Remember when there was the uproar on pricing changes. The community was largely in unison on bad communication and changes to promises.

the only difference now is some have gotten the trucks and others have not. The issue is the same but funny how opinions change on principles when you got what you want.
Sponsored

Wentworth

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Silverado 1500, ‘22 i-Pace
Occupation
Stay at home parent, former airline pilot
Aug/Sep 23 moved to Sep/Oct 23. Max pack performance, 2/19 reservation. They can make me a max pack or I wait for the Silverado EV. Simple.
I would suggest the “lack of demand” for the max pack is artificial and due to the lack of availability. I’m just back from a 540 mile round trip adventure where there are only a smattering of 50 kw/h chargers along the way and I often tow on the same route with my ICE truck. My math says the max pack gives me a long lunch break on the trip. The other battery options have me charging as much as I’m driving if I’m towing.

Last edited:

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2022 Ford Bronco, 2022 Zero FXE
Have had store access a while. The range was important for me. I kept going back and forth as the quad has the motors and performance but the range. I get it. I chose to wait for range but Al based on what Rivian kept saying. Hang in there, your a long time res holder it’s coming. They just kept kicking the can. While I can get a truck sooner, it’s not what I reserved a long ass time ago. I also find it hard to trust the firm at this point. Hard to spend this money when the communication has been as is. Remember when there was the uproar on pricing changes. The community was largely in unison on bad communication and changes to promises.

the only difference now is some have gotten the trucks and others have not. The issue is the same but funny how opinions change on principles when you got what you want.
Yeah, I originally wanted a MaxPack too. But once I saw that the MaxPack timeline was so unclear, and the range improvement vs Conserve mode would only be useful for me a few times a year, I decided I didn't need it that badly.

And then Dual Performance vs Quad, for only a $500 savings. It just made sense to me to go ahead and do a Quad / Large.

If I did end up really deciding I need more range, I could probably reserve a MaxPack and trade my truck in when the time comes.

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Ford F-350
Occupation
retired
I'm still at "Processing Estimate". Their excuse is that there are no service centers near me. Interesting that Tesla also has no service c enters near me and they have been in business for 20 years and sell about oe million vehicles per year. Somehow I think there will never be a service center "near" me and I will be able to buy an R1S. Good for Rivian since that be one less old pricing loss vehicle to sell I am really starting to like the Ineos and the new Lexus GX is interesting too

estprft

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIT pre-order
Occupation
beer
Clubs

Delayed again. South Carolina. First estimate was april-may, then june-july and now sep/oct 2023. November 2000 pre-order R1T

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
My R1T Max Pack delivery window was Oct-Dec 2023, and is now Feb-Mar 2024. The email from Rivian doesn't make sense to me. Is Rivian saying that the Denver service center is too busy, so my vehicle can't be delivered there until at least 3 months later?

Rivian updated delivery window.JPG
I think they're saying your SC is overbooked.

NoDakEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'85 Monte Carlo SS, '20 I-Pace, '15 F-150,
Clubs

May 2019 R1T order, Delivery date was moved to Jan-Feb 2024. Max Pack, performance duel motor. I changed color to Canyon Red in May. The configuration change or delivery address is cited as the reason for the delay. (certainly not their manufacturing issues)

I'm lovin' my iPace, so I'm in no hurry for my R1T. Maybe we'll see the max pack delivered to customers next year. maybe not.

Rivian R1T R1S August delivery updates are in! What is your new estimated delivery window? 1692985605117

Rivian R1T R1S August delivery updates are in! What is your new estimated delivery window? 1692985712868

Rivian R1T R1S August delivery updates are in! What is your new estimated delivery window? 1692985672752

E_Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
May 2019 R1T order, Delivery date was moved to Jan-Feb 2024. Max Pack, performance duel motor. I changed color to Canyon Red in May. The configuration change or delivery address is cited as the reason for the delay. (certainly not their manufacturing issues)

I'm lovin' my iPace, so I'm in no hurry for my R1T. Maybe we'll see the max pack delivered to customers next year. maybe not.

1692985605117.png

1692985712868.png

1692985672752.png
I didn’t change my config in a while. It’s just an excuse and boilerplate language. Primary reason is they are prioritizing R1S orders even if they ordered after you. You could have kept the config the same and would be in the same spot.

Lawrence-of-Blaine

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, GMC Envoy, Nissan 350Z
Occupation
Photographer/Artist
Clubs

Quad R1S config unchanged; delivery moved from April-July ‘24, to now Feb-March!

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
My delivery window got updated to January-February..

I then I got an email saying if I switched to the 2 motor config, I could have it next month.. And as soon as I made the switch, they would call me for the next steps.

For me, it doesnt work to change to the 2 motor. and I really need the configurator to be late February/March as my assets that I am using dont mature until then.

Sponsored

PhatDaddy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T RC PDM Max 20” ATs
Occupation
Retired IT
Aug/Sep 23 moved to Sep/Oct 23. Max pack performance, 2/19 reservation. They can make me a max pack or I wait for the Silverado EV. Simple.
I understand and share the sentiment. So you only got moved out a month or so, still maybe in fall of '23. That seems to be the earliest new delivery estimate I've heard for a Max Pack R1T... which at least makes me feel like they ARE going to build them (otherwise everyone would have been pushed to '24 while they made up their mind on how to 'explain' removal of the Max Pack option). I am now pushed to Feb-Mar '24, so I may cave and buy from shop without the Max; may bail out completely; or may stick it out. Your fall estimate makes me want to wait and see what happens...

rhesusraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Impreza, '65 Mustang
I've kept my config (Quad R1S) steady through each update. Delivery window esentially unchanged...narrowed from Oct - Dec 2023 to Oct - Nov 2023.

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition, R1S
Occupation
Retired
Got kicked back from Aug/Sept to Oct/Nov. So we went the shop and bought not exactly what we wanted. Annoying.

Aurelius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I wanted one. Didn't see one in the R1S shop and Rivian must not be building many... but yeah the order rate was 2% or less from the polls.
I saw atleast couple of CY R1S in R1 shop until last Wednesday before locking my config the same day.

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
As a Max Pack holdout with Compass Yellow, I'm planning on calling today to see how they'll reconcile my order. Looks like Max Packs are getting pushed until next year, but Compass Yellow is getting discontinued next month.
Sponsored