Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Finding mixed answers online :

Is there any form of Lane Keep Assist and/or centering that works on roads outside of those mapped for Driver+?

Am I right in assuming that adaptive cruise can be used on any road as well?

Thanks
There is lane keep assistance but just to give you a little nudge if you stray over, itā€™s actually more annoying that useful usual in most cases but I keep it on for that occasional nudge when I lose focus.

ACC works anywhere, as long as the radar sensor isnā€™t covered with snow or something.
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I tried to record video, but the lightning was terrible and I shake too much. You can use it to blow stuff off, but I recommend using your own chuck as the end in the kit throws out 6-9psi. My chuck gave me 13-16psi.

You have to hold down the chuck the entire time for the compressor to keep running and blow things out. Otherwise, it'll shut off when it hits the psi you set. Using my chuck, it worked well enough.

I love answering these questions, I always learn something new about the truck. This time, I learned while the gear tunnel door can hold 300lbs, the rails along the bed cannot hold my 160lbs. They look sturdy and anti-slip, but as I stepped there I heard a crack. Upon inspection, they definitely are not weight-bearing. Cool.

And then there's the air compressor max PSI. I didn't test it, but I wonder now if this will cause it to keep running...

PXL_20220429_013039198.jpg
I'm surprised that it allows it to be set that high. Most compressors for general use compressed air have Pressure Relief Valves in the 125 - 150 psi range. I can't think of any valid reason why you would need air pressure that high. And that exceeds the rating of a lot of air equipment - good quality Goodyear hose is rated at 250 psi.

I'm guessing that the compressor could never get anywhere close to producing 296 psi? If it does, that's an expensive on-board compressor.

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! 1651328838452

Iatros786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, 997 Turbo, Q7
Clubs

Thank you to both of you for your time.

Does the "nudge" ping ping you back into the lane or is it just a sound/light warning?

Lawrence-of-Blaine

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, GMC Envoy, Nissan 350Z
Occupation
Photographer/Artist
Clubs

What is the height of the front hood, closest to the windshield? Maybe measure that with the truck at the max suspension height.
Thanks!!

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Thank you to both of you for your time.

Does the "nudge" ping ping you back into the lane or is it just a sound/light warning?
There are three options: sound, vibration, and nudge. All three can be selected independently. The nudge is just what it sounds like. I'm not sure it would actually keep you in the lane, it's that subtle. Just makes it feel like the truck is fighting you a little.

Sponsored

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Quick question for the owners:

Does your lumbar position restore when you restore your seat position? My truck notices when I move it, offers to save it, but won't restore the lumbar position specifically. The rest of it works fine.

To test, simply move the lumbar but, instead of telling it to 'remember', tell it to 'restore'.

Support wants me to take it in, but if this feature doesn't work for anyone else, I'm not wasting my time on it.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Does your lumbar position restore when you restore your seat position? My truck notices when I move it, offers to save it, but won't restore the lumbar position specifically. The rest of it works fine.

To test, simply move the lumbar but, instead of telling it to 'remember', tell it to 'restore'.

Support wants me to take it in, but if this feature doesn't work for anyone else, I'm not wasting my time on it.
The lumbar setting doesn't restore on mine either.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The lumbar setting doesn't restore on mine either.
@godfodder0901 same, doesn't restore lumbar.

I've definitely found Support is willing to do way more than sounds reasonable. I think the first wave of us have a blank check for "repairs."

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
What is the difference between Rally and drift mode? If you have tried both, how do they differ in the way they ā€œfeelā€? And if you know what R1T does differently (power distribution, suspension behavior,ā€¦.) in each mode, please do share.

Thanks for taking the time.

gd_r1t

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product manager
Could an R1T owner take a measurement of the longest possible diagonal length in the gear tunnel?

Iā€™m looking at buying a 180cm pair of skis and Iā€™m curious if theyā€™ll fit, or if I add order a ski rack to the configuration.

Sponsored

South

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

With regen breaking and no creep setting, how would you owners approach a very tight garage? Do you one pedal it ever so lightly, modulating it till it fits? Left foot on the break? How confident do you feel in your control of the front end while crawling into tight spaces? Back end?

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Feel like my lumbar varies even from drive to drive - much less restore :)

buddy drive the truck and didnā€™t save settings and I couldnt get restore to put those back either

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

With regen breaking and no creep setting, how would you owners approach a very tight garage? Do you one pedal it ever so lightly, modulating it till it fits? Left foot on the break? How confident do you feel in your control of the front end while crawling into tight spaces? Back end?
Feathering works very well for me and I donā€™t have to use the brake at all for the garage. Even when I need to goose it to get over the threshold. I have my regen on high and havenā€™t done anything lower, which may vary your mileage

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Feathering works very well for me and I donā€™t have to use the brake at all for the garage. Even when I need to goose it to get over the threshold. I have my regen on high and havenā€™t done anything lower, which may vary your mileage
@South I echo the above, no problems in my tight squeeze. Between high Regen and great cameras, especially birds eye view, I'm getting better and quicker. It's never been a problem.

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Can anyone give me a rough idea about final vehicle pricing? Like document fees, titling fees, destination charges, etc. Not including taxes because that will vary widely. I will not finance but fees incurred may be helpful for some.

Basically, how much extra beyond the $73k price of my R1T can I expect to pay ā€œout the doorā€.

Thanks in advance.

E
Sponsored