Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

I am overwhelmed by content of other people enjoying the heck out of the R1T (sorry R1S'ers) + manuals + official reviews, etc. Only thing for me is to actually get the dang thing now. Outside of known gripes, I'm generally curious if there's anything left for people to wonder about.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I am overwhelmed by content of other people enjoying the heck out of the R1T (sorry R1S'ers) + manuals + official reviews, etc. Only thing for me is to actually get the dang thing now. Outside of known gripes, I'm generally curious if there's anything left for people to wonder about.
Winter range reduction is my biggest unanswered concern. It's probably a lower percentage than my Bolt because it's a pretty inefficient vehicle otherwise. Still a concern for me though. If I can't get 200 miles of highway range on the coldest days when the roads are clear, the LE might be a deal breaker for me.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Winter range reduction is my biggest unanswered concern. It's probably a lower percentage than my Bolt because it's a pretty inefficient vehicle otherwise. Still a concern for me though. If I can't get 200 miles of highway range on the coldest days when the roads are clear, the LE might be a deal breaker for me.
I like to see some regular people who dropped down a deposit on one of these babies actually get one.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I'm generally curious if there's anything left for people to wonder about.
Yes, Many unanswered questions. What does the UI look like? How do I lay in a route? etc etc

Rivuylkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Granted I haven't gone through all the new reviews/videos yet, but also looking forward to some real life range testing. Different modes, different tires, towing, weather, yadda yadda. Is 314 more like something that will only happen under perfect conditions or could we expect more than epa like some EVs, etc.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Yes, Many unanswered questions. What does the UI look like? How do I lay in a route? etc etc

Did you see the UI post from last night, not 1000% detailed but answers basics.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
All these reviews are nice and finally able to get to see a lot about these vehicles.
For me all of this feels like calculated PR moves in an effort to shore up investor interest for the IPO.

But I will wait for these things to land in the hand of people who have ordered it.
Hopefully the next set of announcements in the next few days would be customers order deliveries.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
We've gotten 2 new looks in the last 24 hours. Rivian officially posted some short clips, and Motor Trend also has a new video showing some of the UI. They're just teasers though.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I’ll be happy when real, paying reservation holders (who aren’t also employees) start taking deliveries. I’m one of the people on the side that believes having a few employees driving the trucks does not count as meeting their September target deadline.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Is there a motor-less option for the tonneau if its motor dies? In fact for everything currently with a motor?

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
towing + max pack details are the only thing I'd love to see, but nothing's stopping me from ordering one, as towing is a 'nice to have' vs 'must have'.

Still will be gripey about no carplay until they OTA it in.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Still curious about charging speeds overall and the curve.

And the more reviews come out, the more confused I am by the total lack of mention of Alexa. Did they back off the integration?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm happy in general with the information about the R1T itself, but Rivian still needs to be more transparent with delivery times. Is R1S still coming out this year? Will Adventure Models of the R1T still start deliveries in January 2022?