First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
What is the most recent guide contact? If I hear guides are continuously reaching out I’d be happy.
My cousin and I are both early reservations. Dec 2 and 8 , 2018. We live in the L.A area and no contacts yet. It's not happening.
Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I've noticed Rivian's website has some updated tweaks in the Specs department now. R1S height was listed as 72.0", but now is listed at 77.3" for max height, with antenna. Probably updated in other areas as well.

Hmm, ground clearance is listed as 14.9" and 14.2" in different areas now. Maybe one is measured with the all terrain tires while the other is the regular 21" wheels/tires.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
This may have to do more with limitations with Apple CarPlay. We bought a Hyundai Palisade a few months ago (before Rivian was on the radar). Nice wide screen on the center console. But CarPlay doesn’t take advantage of it because it’s screen is limited to a certain size. Hyundai Santa Cruz has the same issue. Apparently, Apple hasn’t caught up with the movement to accommodate larger screens wirelessly. I imagine this could be an OTA update/add-on once Apple updates CarPlay.

It could also be a licensing issue: why pay for car play when your customers’ iPhones can be controlled remotely by Siri through Bluetooth and you have a similar mapping program that runs natively on the larger screen?
A family member of mine just leased a new BMW X6m and it has wireless CarPlay. The bigger screen is completely filled. That was a new look. I don’t know if this is something BMW has been working on as this has the newest version of iDrive.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
towing + max pack details are the only thing I'd love to see, but nothing's stopping me from ordering one, as towing is a 'nice to have' vs 'must have'.

Still will be gripey about no carplay until they OTA it in.
Would love to have Android Auto (at least google maps)...

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Waze and Gaia FTW..
Gaia is fantastic for off-road/on-trail use and the fact that I can plan a route in my house and have that planned route sync across devices is great. I typically do off-road route planning on an iPad and then use either iPad or iPhone in our LR3. Without CarPlay I will continue to do so in our R1S since I doubt Rivian will have something as good any time soon and, even if they do, I’m not sure what it would take to bring all of my existing planned routes and recorded tracks into whatever system Rivian would develop.

I’ve heard great things about OnX, too.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Google Maps > Waze
In almost every way, Google Maps is better, but it doesn't do nearly as good of a job in reporting speed traps. That's where Waze excels.

Anyways, and unfortunately, Google Maps isn't available on the Rivian either. I

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
My cousin and I are both early reservations. Dec 2 and 8 , 2018. We live in the L.A area and no contacts yet. It's not happening.
That sucks. Sorry for you. We need real customers like you to get them.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
In almost every way, Google Maps is better, but it doesn't do nearly as good of a job in reporting speed traps. That's where Waze excels.

Anyways, and unfortunately, Google Maps isn't available on the Rivian either. I
But…but. Their a cutting edge technology company? Right?
Sponsored