Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Disappointing that they're still only allowing charge levels of 70/85/100. Really wish they would just allow us to choose the percentage we want. At least this now allows me to set it to 100, then stop it remotely when it reaches the large level I really want with out having to be near the truck. But, do still have to remember to keep checking it to shut it off at the right level. 15% gaps are just too big. With the Tesla, I always charged to 90% based on their recommendation. Would like to do the same with Rivian, occasionally going to 92-93% when necessary, without having to go to the full 100%, which they say is not good to do too often.

Hopefully, an update that comes soon.
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
This is just one service... Truck is still in service after they finished the first service since they just ended up stacking them together. I think most of the line items got pushed onto this report.

Front driver damper was replaced on the last service.

-Front tires are being replaced due to being worn unevenly from a bad alignment.
-Noise complaint is the halfshaft issue.
-Driver assistance issues due to the bad alignment, fixing the alignment corrected it.
-DC Charge port/harness are being replaced due to a random message appearing about DC charging performance being limited... Popped up while driving, which seemed pretty strange to me. They had to have an engineer from Rivian come into the SC to determine what was causing it. It's apparently a very labor intensive process. Said I was going to hear back on Friday about when they expect to finish it, still haven't heard back. Wondering if it didn't fix the problem.

Early adopter woes. At least my tonneau cover works!
Brian,
Are they charging you for the tire replacement?
I have similar issues with alignment and Driver+ hasn't worked since delivery day. My service appointment is in January. And...I have a Idaho road trip planned Thanksgiving week.
Concerned about unnecessary tire wear.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Brian,
Are they charging you for the tire replacement?
I have similar issues with alignment and Driver+ hasn't worked since delivery day. My service appointment is in January. And...I have a Idaho road trip planned Thanksgiving week.
Concerned about unnecessary tire wear.
I don't know that yet. That was one of the things they were supposed to get back to me on. Sounds like maybe not. My fronts were down to 0/32 on the outer edge after 8500 miles. Center and opposite side still had legal tread.

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Ha!

Literally just download the update and said the same thing to my partner while in bed re changing SOC stop point before reading this thread.

Seems like steady progress.

Liking the progress on the update charging percent from mobile. That will save a few trips down to the truck when in bed and remembering that Iā€™ll need more juice for whatever we decided to do the next day

jackk0807

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MSLR, 22R1T, 21 G-wagon
Awesome. Dash Cam should be the next big thing. It's supposed to be released end of year?

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Awesome. Dash Cam should be the next big thing. It's supposed to be released end of year?
I have never seen a timeframe for dash cam, I have however gotten confirmation on redit from Rivian they are developing it currently.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I have never seen a timeframe for dash cam, I have however gotten confirmation on redit from Rivian they are developing it currently.
In the Reddit AMA with their VP of Software Engineering he responded to the dash cam inquiry with "Yes, it is in development. coming later this fall!"

That was more than four months ago and timelines can change, but if that's still accurate it should be coming in the next update because that's probably the last update we'll get before winter.

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Does the charging screen not work right for anyone else on iOS? For me, the charge speed, % and mileage is correct, but the time elapsed and energy delivered are fake values (very obviously wrong).

Also, did they get rid of the graph? I can't find one anymore.

Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Does the charging screen not work right for anyone else on iOS? For me, the charge speed, % and mileage is correct, but the time elapsed and energy delivered are fake values (very obviously wrong).

Also, did they get rid of the graph? I can't find one anymore.
I noticed my charging history from the app records charging time as the total time the charger was plugged in - rather than the actual time charging. Since my off peak rates apply 2200-0500, Iā€˜m setup to receive charge only 7 hours per night, but my truck might be connected for 13 hours. The charging history records 13 hours of charging which isnā€™t very helpful.

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
I noticed my charging history from the app records charging time as the total time the charger was plugged in - rather than the actual time charging. Since my off peak rates apply 2200-0500, Iā€˜m setup to receive charge only 7 hours per night, but my truck might be connected for 13 hours. The charging history records 13 hours of charging which isnā€™t very helpful.
For me, I checked the app about 30 minutes after getting to work, and it said I had been plugged in for 12 hours and change, and had added 23kWh. This was definitely incorrect, because the charger at work is 3-6kW. I wasnā€™t plugged in at home overnight, so itā€™s not like it just ā€œdidnā€™t noticeā€ that I drove to work.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Similarly, yesterday my app was showing incorrect charging duration and energy delivered. After I unplugged, everything looked fine in my wall charger charging history.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Similarly, yesterday my app was showing incorrect charging duration and energy delivered. After I unplugged, everything looked fine in my wall charger charging history.
Just plugged in, today it is showing accurate data on the current charge session.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Has anyone figured out how to enter a price per kWh in order to get an accurate cost estimate? Mine just continues to show $0.00. Would be nice to use it to track cost of powerā€¦

And forgive me if Iā€™ve missed something obviousā€¦ :)
Sponsored

Last edited: