Sponsored

Anyone still waiting on delivery window estimate?

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Anyone else still waiting on delivery estimates? Placed orders for 2 R1S and 1 R1T in early 2021. Located in Dallas.

Just curious if I’m alone as it looks lot of people got updates right after RJs blast.
Sponsored

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
Did you check with CS to see if they had an update? Maybe Rivian thought you were a reseller since most households don’t buy 3 nearly identical cars at the same time. They may just be waiting for extra verification or something

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
I’m not reselling, but doubt Rivian would care anyways. They have earnings targets to hit now. Sure they’ve also done research on pricing accordingly.

CS just told me that customers with multiple pre orders are getting emailed today or tomorrow.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I’m not reselling, but doubt Rivian would care anyways. They have earnings targets to hit now. Sure they’ve also done research on pricing accordingly.

CS just told me that customers with multiple pre orders are getting emailed today or tomorrow.
Hope you get your email today or tomorrow. They are not being entirely truthful as I have 2 orders and got mine with all the others yesterday.

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
Hope you get your email today or tomorrow. They are not being entirely truthful as I have 2 orders and got mine with all the others yesterday.
Honestly, I'd give CS some credit. They're typically the last to hear about operational updates. They were almost spot on with their estimate about delivery window emails being sent out on the 27th and 28th.... The first delivery emails went out on the 28th instead of the 27th. So If it arrives, this week, that's still pretty accurate, IMO. They always said that they'd send out updates before the end of the year.

CS is not the sales department and they have no incentive to be untruthful. They just have outdated or incomplete information. The only people that really are in the know about actual timelines and product roadmaps are probably middle management and higher at corporate. Imagine if CS was privy to every bit of bad news, parts delays, production order, prioritized locations, etc.... How many people would cancel up front if they got enough answers they didn't like? It doesn't make sense for Rivian to disclose EVERYTHING and maintain the overhead of keeping every little change up-to-date in real-time for public disclosure.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Check your spam folder. I have and R1T and an R1S reservation and got mine yesterday.

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Done that multiple times. Nothing in Spam.

HTownB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
I haven’t gotten an email yet but just placed my order a few days ago so I assume that’s why.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I have not received a delivery window email. I config'd my R1S last Friday 12/24/2021. (I waited to see an actual delivery of a production-spec R1S.) I preordered 34 months ago.

Yesterday on Reddit, someone posted that CS said the delivery estimates were based on configurations as of December 17th. That would explain why I was left out. I emailed CS this morning to confirm, but have not received a reply.

By the way, I did receive the update email from RJ yesterday, so I don't think I have a spam/junk filter issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I have not received a delivery window email. I config'd my R1S last Friday 12/24/2021. (I waited to see an actual delivery of a production-spec R1S.) I preordered 34 months ago.

Yesterday on Reddit, someone posted that CS said the delivery estimates were based on configurations as of December 17th. That would explain why I was left out. I emailed CS this morning to confirm, but have not received a reply.

By the way, I did receive the update email from RJ yesterday, so I don't think I have a spam/junk filter issue.
Sounds like they’re only assigning a delivery window for preorders with a configuration attached - which makes sense, since the schedule is varying based on configuration.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Occupation
Just retired
I just ordered my R1S last week. I didn't see any notification from Rivian, until checking my junk/spam mail box, and it was there. It came in on Tuesday.
BTW, I don't know what everyone is complaining about regarding delivery times. They said I should get mine second half of 2022.
Ok, Ok, that's not exactly true. I sorta fudged it by a year...

OP
OP

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Got my email today. First half of 2023 for all.
Sponsored