Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

Here's a thought, what if it all just starts happening and there is no big reveal. They did promise to do an interior walk through but no one (from Rivian) ever said it was going to be before production started. Same with test drives, etc. It would be nice for an update, not gonna lie. But all their sites say (and still say) June. All CS chats say on track.
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Here's a thought, what if it all just starts happening and there is no big reveal. They did promise to do an interior walk through but no one (from Rivian) ever said it was going to be before production started. Same with test drives, etc. It would be nice for an update, not gonna lie. But all their sites say (and still say) June. All CS chats say on track.
Burn the WITCH!!!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
In your state, Arizona, there's a way to look up all of the Dealer's license numbers. Rivian's is L00016647
So now there are no legal roadblocks to them providing test drives and selling the vehicles in Arizona.

I went to a Ford dealer and test drove a Mach E on Monday, no masks required either.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Today is the day! ;-)
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone hear from their Rivian Guide? 1622037762144

Still 3 work days left, Im guessing a Friday Update because they haven't been early thus far. Why start now :p

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
For Rivian's Communication Director: Like some here, I would prefer more information about Rivian's R1T. However, I made my choice several years ago with my reservation, so information is good but not my main concern. My concern is I don't speak the same language as the Rivian folks. I need them to clarify the meaning of some words, so I can speak and understand their language.

When you say the Guides will "begin reaching out in May", the word "begin" subconsciously leads me to believe the first half of May. If you had instead said "start reaching out somewhere around the middle of May", I would have interpreted as a week before, or week after the middle of May. Now, we are at the end of May. Couldn't you have stated, "the guides will be reaching out no later than the end of May?"

As stated before, you didn't know the exact date the Guides would be through with their training, which is understandable, but do you really think it was a good idea NOT to keep us informed? Instead, the suspense has led to much speculation, that could have easily been avoided on your part. Maybe it's Rivian's game plan, but I only like suspense in the make believe world of movies. Granted you may come out with a big bang, soon, very soon, or closer to production and you'll need it.

Secondly, please define what "soon" and "very soon" means to you. I know it means, "an event in the future, shortly", but your future and my future are entirely different. Do "soon" and "very soon" carry the same meaning? If not, can you please clarify? Does it mean the next day, week, month, within a week, within the month, or is it whenever you decide to reveal information, does that becomes the new definition and can change at anytime?

More information coming "Closer to production". What does "closer" mean? I thought we were closer to production, especially if production and delivery is to begin in June. 6 days away. Does "closer" mean the same as "soon" and "very soon"? What do all these words mean to you, or are these words intentionally used, to keep your reservationist in suspense? Whatever you tell me is okay, I just want to comprehend what you're trying to say.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

For Rivian's Communication Director: Like some here, I would prefer more information about Rivian's R1T. However, I made my choice several years ago with my reservation, so information is good but not my main concern. My concern is I don't speak the same language as the Rivian folks. I need them to clarify the meaning of some words, so I can speak and understand their language.

When you say the Guides will "begin reaching out in May", the word "begin" subconsciously leads me to believe the first half of May. If you had instead said "start reaching out somewhere around the middle of May", I would have interpreted as a week before, or week after the middle of May. Now, we are at the end of May. Couldn't you have stated, "the guides will be reaching out no later than the end of May?"

As stated before, you didn't know the exact date the Guides would be through with their training, which is understandable, but do you really think it was a good idea NOT to keep us informed? Instead, the suspense has led to much speculation, that could have easily been avoided on your part. Maybe it's Rivian's game plan, but I only like suspense in the make believe world of movies. Granted you may come out with a big bang, soon, very soon, or closer to production and you'll need it.

Secondly, please define what "soon" and "very soon" means to you. I know it means, "an event in the future, shortly", but your future and my future are entirely different. Do "soon" and "very soon" carry the same meaning? If not, can you please clarify? Does it mean the next day, week, month, within a week, within the month, or is it whenever you decide to reveal information, does that becomes the new definition and can change at anytime?

More information coming "Closer to production". What does "closer" mean? I thought we were closer to production, especially if production and delivery is to begin in June. 6 days away. Does "closer" mean the same as "soon" and "very soon"? What do all these words mean to you, or are these words intentionally used, to keep your reservationist in suspense? Whatever you tell me is okay, I just want to comprehend what you're trying to say.
If I could contact their Comms person I think I’d just make a couple direct statements…

I don’t think that any reasonable person would say that your communications are objectively meeting the stated Rivian philosophy of under promise and over deliver. Please correct this since it is giving some potential customers the impression that the product will also fail to meet the expectations set by Rivian.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

1622037762144.png

Still 3 work days left, Im guessing a Friday Update because they haven't been early thus far. Why start now :p
I'm putting my money on a Thursday 11:45am Pacific time Gideon stats reveal

We should start an account, everyone puts in $5 and guesses the time when Rivian posts an update, closest forum member wins the pot. When they release the update, technically we all win, but one of us will be really happy!

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
If I remember correctly first outreach is going to be an email with instructions on how to engage with our Guides.

That doesn't seem like a big lift, yet its May 26th...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Gideon is 5’ 9”…last info was released on 5/7…probably because the 9th was a Sunday. How tall again is RJ? 6’ 3”?
Literally laughed out loud, thank you!

I think he said he's almost 6'2", but I hope we don't have to wait until 6/1-6/2!

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Literally laughed out loud, thank you!

I think he said he's almost 6'2", but I hope we don't have to wait until 6/1-6/2!
RJ's plaid button up shirts actually hide a QR code within the pattern. If you scan it, it tells you Rivian's definition of soon, Soon, SOON, and Very Soon!
Sponsored