First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Just being a shit here, but you know Rivian has been watching the forums and tracking all forum LE holders. They're holding out in reaching out to any LE holders who is on the forum. Guides have reached out to others. Thus is your own doing. It's a big inside joke at Rivian keeping the forums antzy. ;)
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Just being a shit here, but you know Rivian has been watching the forums and tracking all forum LE holders. They're holding out in reaching out to any LE holders who is on the forum. Guides have reached out to others. Thus is your own doing. It's a big inside joke at Rivian keeping the forums antzy. ;)
That would be an epic prank. If Rivian actually did that then +1,000 respect and admiration.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
All the angst about lack of communications makes me nostalgic for the innocent days when weā€™d take up 5 separate threads to argue about the merits of CarPlay and Rivianā€™s imminent demise for not including it.
Those were the days....

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
All the angst about lack of communications makes me nostalgic for the innocent days when weā€™d take up 5 separate threads to argue about the merits of CarPlay and Rivianā€™s imminent demise for not including it.
Those were the days....
F CarPlay & anyone that feels entitled to it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
Curiosity solved! My age is the main reason I would buy now. I can no longer wait. A now or never situation for me. No more delays. They offer a 7 day, $1,000 mile return program, so I feel I can get most of the information I need at that time. Other reasons I would purchase now: mileage on my current vehicle, I "want" one, I have enough disposable income to afford one, and Rivian has solid investors.

Don't take this wrong, but to me, this is a "want" vehicle, not a "need " vehicle. To those who aren't currently in a financial position to buy, with or without good information, should reconsider buying one. Invest your money in assets that appreciate and stay away from those that don't, until you get financially comfortable. Possibly the Rivian will resale for more at the beginning, but it may not last long.

I think you're wise in holding off for the time being. Good luck with your final decision.
My Stepmother was instantly killed by a 20yo hit her head on
Life is short
NOW NOW NOW
LOL
I will decide in my 1st week also
But I seriously doubt that they will screw up my love for my TRUCK

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
F CarPlay & anyone that feels entitled to it.
That it, I'm telling Tim Apple on you.

Carplay is magical, or so I was told.

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
Everyone that says the "return policy" can make you buy something this expensive should think again. It's not like they give you the truck for 7 days and then everything starts. You get to pay registration, get insurance, get your car loan and all the papers, etc. Then if you were to return it, good luck getting the taxes you paid your state back in a reasonable amount of time and dealing with the loan. Remember, the loan you get is a secured loan, so if you want to change the color, it's not like you can sub a different vehicle in. You'd have to absolutely HATE what you bought to actually go through with a return. BUT if you saw all the colors and the interiors first, you'd be way better off.

Not saying that people won't do it, but I think it will be way more annoying than the "just return it if you don't like it!" that everyone says......

Sponsored

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
Everyone that says the "return policy" can make you buy something this expensive should think again. It's not like they give you the truck for 7 days and then everything starts. You get to pay registration, get insurance, get your car loan and all the papers, etc. Then if you were to return it, good luck getting the taxes you paid your state back in a reasonable amount of time and dealing with the loan. Remember, the loan you get is a secured loan, so if you want to change the color, it's not like you can sub a different vehicle in. You'd have to absolutely HATE what you bought to actually go through with a return. BUT if you saw all the colors and the interiors first, you'd be way better off.

Not saying that people won't do it, but I think it will be way more annoying than the "just return it if you don't like it!" that everyone says......
You donā€™t have to take delivery. If you donā€™t sign the final papers and take delivery you cannot legally be charged taxes or any loan payments. If you find that you donā€™t like how it drives in the first week, it may be more of a hassle but it can be returned for a full refund, it actually happens occasionally at dealers that allow it. Also, no one is forced to schedule delivery when the time does actually come. If you are in the camp that must see in person before making your decision, you can postpone or cancel and wait until Rivianā€™s showrooms are fully up and running to buy. Being some of the first with a new vehicle (no less a new company) will always come with some risk. Want to play it safe, the best bet is to wait at least a year, so that those early bugs and issues are worked out. Classic risk vs reward, we each have to decide if the potential hassle is worth it.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

You donā€™t have to take delivery. If you donā€™t sign the final papers and take delivery you cannot legally be charged taxes or any loan payments. If you find that you donā€™t like how it drives in the first week, it may be more of a hassle but it can be returned for a full refund, it actually happens occasionally at dealers that allow it. Also, no one is forced to schedule delivery when the time does actually come. If you are in the camp that must see in person before making your decision, you can postpone or cancel and wait until Rivianā€™s showrooms are fully up and running to buy. Being some of the first with a new vehicle (no less a new company) will always come with some risk. Want to play it safe, the best bet is to wait at least a year, so that those early bugs and issues are worked out. Classic risk vs reward, we each have to decide if the potential hassle is worth it.
The challenge comes when you throw in Rivian's home delivery model. If it's anything like what Tesla used to offer, they will make you sign all the paperwork and pay for the vehicle (either yourself or via a loan) before arranging delivery. This is a big reason why I chose to drive 3 hours to the then-nearest Tesla Service Center to take delivery instead. Hopefully Rivian is able to arrange things differently, but I'm anticipating with the Guide arrangement that they will need to complete all documents in advance of scheduling delivery, and deliveries will then be handled by a separate driver.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Well, MACH E and Bolt EUV got their EPA ratings during Covid.

In my state, Arizona, they need to get a dealers license in order to sell more than 15 cars, so that is mostly online and they should have it already, if not that is a huge fail. Tesla has an Arizona dealers license and they have certainly been providing test drives during the past year.

Also in Arizona, new house building has been booming all during Covid, plenty of permits and inspections going on. I am sure permits and inspections did not fully shut down during Covid in any state.

I also attended every Arizona Coyotes hockey game this last season, all during Covid.
In your state, Arizona, there's a way to look up all of the Dealer's license numbers. Rivian's is L00016647
Sponsored