Anyone hear from their Rivian Guide?

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
The challenge comes when you throw in Rivian's home delivery model. If it's anything like what Tesla used to offer, they will make you sign all the paperwork and pay for the vehicle (either yourself or via a loan) before arranging delivery. This is a big reason why I chose to drive 3 hours to the then-nearest Tesla Service Center to take delivery instead. Hopefully Rivian is able to arrange things differently, but I'm anticipating with the Guide arrangement that they will need to complete all documents in advance of scheduling delivery, and deliveries will then be handled by a separate driver.
The contactless delivery would make sense in that scenario but if you do the walkthrough it’s going to have to be someone with knowledge of the vehicle, not just a driver. We’ll see what happens, I’m still trusting Rivian will make it a good experience for all.
Sponsored

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
No one on the forum spoke up, so shall we all assume that no one was contacted by a guide yet? That would now make it 3 business days left in May!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
No one on the forum spoke up, so shall we all assume that no one was contacted by a guide yet? That would now make it 3 business days left in May!
That's probably not a fair assumption. Based on a chat or two with CS, it sounds like they haven't. However, if they only reach out to a handful of people the first week-or-so, we may not catch wind of it until Rivian official announces they've reached out (if they even do that).

For example, if they only plan on producing 10 trucks in June, maybe they'll only contact 10 or fewer people in May, and then ramp up as they get things figured out.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Guide reached out to me today. Delivery date is soon and said not to tell any of you other non-compass yellow freaks. Her words, not mine.
Rivian R1T R1S Anyone hear from their Rivian Guide? 1621993168353

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

*Suppressor. ?

I have, but that's something fairly easy to forget about & that's the best thing to do. Plus, there is nfatracker.com that will at least give you a general idea of timelines.
I agree it's a suppressor, but for the general public silencer seems to be the word most commonly used. Personally, I usually call it a can. Are you a stamp collector too?

Last edited:

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

If you are telling me that I should accept the fact that Rivian is going to run their business with the same level of customer service as a Federal Agency that purposely delays its responsibilities then I probably am out. I too don't expect to receive a vehicle until 4th quarter but I can still call out Rivian for lack of communication this close to the dates that they set for things to start to happen.
I don't think I told you to accept that Rivian was on par with the BATFE. I only compared the agonizing wait that both entities have produced. I think Rivian is a big step up from any government agency.

I agree, their communication quality and quantity, especially this close to "launch" is a HUGE frustration for me too. I was hoping that their weekly Thursday updates would continue. Alas, that hasn't happened. I'm expecting to get some information from Rivian by this Friday. I can't say that I'll like what it is, or not.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
At this point I will be really surprised if production starts soon. Seems like there will be a delay, and I think most everyone here expects the same.
None of this makes any sense. What happened to the trip to So Cal and the big announcement? Why post the bed side picture and then get weeks of silence?
How can production start if we don't even know about the interior, EPA rating, etc.

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
At this point I will be really surprised if production starts soon. Seems like there will be a delay, and I think most everyone here expects the same.
None of this makes any sense. What happened to the trip to So Cal and the big announcement? Why post the bed side picture and then get weeks of silence?
How can production start if we don't even know about the interior, EPA rating, etc.
I don't expect any form of significant delay from their stated start of delivery for launch editions.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I agree it's a suppressor, but for the general public silencer seems to be the word most commonly used. Personally, I usually call it a can. Are you a stamp collector too?
I just don't like silencer because it's a misnomer & scares a lot of people; they are not silent & should be legalized with no need for BATFE. Much like EVs, people need to experience & get educated.

So yes, I've collected some stamps too.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I just don't like silencer because it's a misnomer & scares a lot of people; they are not silent & should be legalized with no need for BATFE. Much like EVs, people need to experience & get educated.

So yes, I've collected some stamps too.

Can we not have this discussion here...
Sponsored