First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve have attended 2 Tesla Demo days in the past 3 months. How is Tesla able to pull these off with “Covid” and yet it’s Rivian’s #1 reason they give as why they have not had any yet.
Probably because Covid is not the real reason for them taking so long to reveal things.

STLBlues76

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Attorney
If I’m Rivian, I am very happy with how things are going. People are (almost literally) frothing at the mouth for any shred of information. Then people have an orgasm any time any little bit is released. They seem to be masters of antici...

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Not to take this into a ditch potentially, but isn’t Elon a Covid denier (or something close to it) which may lead them to be a bit more out there with respect to Covid in general? I have no idea what RJ’s view is, but guessing a bit more cautious. Those two different mindsets at the top may dictate there being more Tesla events and no Rivian yet.
Elon was but either he has changed his thinking, or someone else is in charge now, because Tesla seems to be taking things a little more seriously.

RJ seems to be, yet again, the polar opposite. Rivian has taken personal protection very seriously.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
If I’m Rivian, I am very happy with how things are going. People are (almost literally) frothing at the mouth for any shred of information. Then people have an orgasm any time any little bit is released. They seem to be masters of antici...
It's a knifes edge though. There are also people that have seen the F150 and bailed. If you look at this forum, something like 50% of folks also have a F150 Lightning reservation.

Sponsored

JDMD

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Physician
I agree, I was also trying to gauge the lead time between us getting to a Guide and then hands on our cars :)
I'm glad this thread was started, if anything, to induce a Crank Yankers reference. I was curious about any Guide contacts, and based on our collective experience, nothing yet.

I'm a late November 2018 R1T pre-order, and I look forward to mentioning any Guide connection here. Why not share some hope!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Like maybe in Bend?
If they were to choose Bend, why not hold it at Mt. Bachelor? Plenty of Forest Service roads and a perfect backdrop for pics. The same could be said for Sisters. Sisters would also be a shorter drive from the Portland area.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
If they were to choose Bend, why not hold it at Mt. Bachelor? Plenty of Forest Service roads and a perfect backdrop for pics. The same could be said for Sisters. Sisters would also be a shorter drive from the Portland area.
Either one works for me! 30 minutes either way. Mt. Bachelor/Cascade Lakes would be more scenic.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Either one works for me! 30 minutes either way. Mt. Bachelor/Cascade Lakes would be more scenic.
The shorter drive to Sisters from PDX area would be nice, but Century Drive/Cascade Lakes will be an early trip for me! You're living in the perfect environment for a Rivian.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Elon was but either he has changed his thinking, or someone else is in charge now, because Tesla seems to be taking things a little more seriously.

RJ seems to be, yet again, the polar opposite. Rivian has taken personal protection very seriously.
Snooze.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
My guess is that if things are actually still on schedule, then first contacts will happen beginning tomorrow (Tues) from Guides. That's my hope anyway.

I'm assuming today will be one last day of prepping the team and probably some sort of kick-off party. Then, 4 days of guide contacts which would check the box for more than just a superficial effort to hit the timeline.

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
It's a knifes edge though. There are also people that have seen the F150 and bailed. If you look at this forum, something like 50% of folks also have a F150 Lightning reservation.
If rivian doesn't offer a similar V2H or V2G feature I think I may jump ship. 2.9 0-60 sounds nice, but is more likely to get me in trouble, whereas the ability to power my home would only get me out of trouble..

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
Since we are all speculating, I might as well speculate also:

Again, pure speculation based on nothing but a gut feeling...

Rivian will announce a delay this week, at least 3 months.

Here is why I think that:
1. No teaser updates on interior. There was no reason to not send out this story a week or 2 after the exterior story.
2. Seems that none of the experience centers are actually open yet.
3. Not a single person was contacted and we are now only 5 days left for them to hit the Guide contacting people in May.
4. Test drive scheduling? This was supposed to happen before people got their LE's. Maybe I am wrong about this, but I remember hearing something about this.
5. Possible EPA numbers came back bad.
6. Twitter account has not posted anything since May 7th. If you were ready to release this, wouldn't you be posting teasers to hype people up?
7. Crash test results and insurance rating.

I know people will say they will take the R1T sight unseen, but I honestly think this is the minority. Especially with an unproven manufacturer. We have also only seen prototypes to date (very late prototypes that we very functional), but still not what Rivian would say is the "final" product.

Maybe they are too focused on the Amazon van, which if you think about as a company, who wouldn't be? I mean, it's a huge order with a huge investment that was given to them. Each of us on this forum have 1 or maybe 2 on order with them. Not 100k.

Like I said, this is all speculation, but I think we should all be prepared for a delay notice. If they are on track, that would be great, but really sh!tty that they have not communicated more to build excitement.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner

1. No teaser updates on interior. There was no reason to not send out this story a week or 2 after the exterior story.
3. Not a single person was contacted and we are now only 5 days left for them to hit the Guide contacting people in May.
4. Test drive scheduling? This was supposed to happen before people got their LE's. Maybe I am wrong about this, but I remember hearing something about this.
6. Twitter account has not posted anything since May 7th. If you were ready to release this, wouldn't you be posting teasers to hype people up?

I know people will say they will take the R1T sight unseen, but I honestly think this is the minority. Especially with an unproven manufacturer. We have also only seen prototypes to date (very late prototypes that we very functional), but still not what Rivian would say is the "final" product.

Maybe they are too focused on the Amazon van, which if you think about as a company, who wouldn't be? I mean, it's a huge order with a huge investment that was given to them. Each of us on this forum have 1 or maybe 2 on order with them. Not 100k.

Like I said, this is all speculation, but I think we should all be prepared for a delay notice. If they are on track, that would be great, but really sh!tty that they have not communicated more to build excitement.

Wouldn't it be really bad if they announced a delay this late in May? ugh

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Tbh a 3 month delay would be great for me. Im in the middle of leveraging a lot of capital to build a home, prior to selling the one im at now. A 3 month delay plus where I'm at in the pre-order list would give me a perfect amount of time to finish the build, move, sell and have my finances ready again.
Sponsored