Sponsored

Any updates on receiving the Tesla charging adapter?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I had a chat wit The Rivian service folks about a week ago asking about delivery of the adapters. They said they expected to be shipping to all folks by the end of June.
Yeah that seems to be the company line. But there is no way they can do that.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Not sure I understand....can you expand?
Tesla has the adapters for all OEMs being built by the same company. I have received my Ford adapter, so the logic that charging at a Tesla supercharger without Rivian sending the adapter to a certain vin can’t be the logic for Big Brother watching. As many others like me with Fords are already using the official adapter just not the one sent by Rivian.

My opinion, Rivian doesn’t care but must caution for 3rd party adapters since their will be cheap Amazon junk available. A2Z is legit as I have one as well. Feels better built and I like they mechanism better than the official one.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I’ll be curious if they truly can track which adapter you use and void warranties or not. I’ve seen that being said in a few post. I was looking at getting a third party adapter for a backup so it’s crossed my mind a few times. lol
The adapters are just dumb adapters, no ID tagging, no secondary electronics, no way to ID them or know what you’re using. And not only do the A2Z adapters work just fine, but the Ford adapter also works perfectly. Some friends borrowed my Ford adapter for a road trip in their R1T.

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

I had a chat wit The Rivian service folks about a week ago asking about delivery of the adapters. They said they expected to be shipping to all folks by the end of June.
Yeah. Right.

Sponsored

BigBambu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model Y, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Not employed. Won't work.
Spoke with Rivian this morning. They tell me that Rivian is sending out the adapters with the oldest Rivians first and working from there. I just bought my R1T in March so they told me probably around year end or later for my turn.

Hope that helps!

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Thanks, yeah I did respond to the email but it would be nice if they would let you know that you are on the list and when to expect shipment.
They are sending about 1000 adapters per month. Look at your VIN and you will be able to estimate when you will get it by dividing the VIN by 1000. That's how many months it will be.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 12 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Ast HR Director
So by that math, my VIN at 32545.. I could be looking at just short of 3 years?!

Might have to look into that A2Z adapter afterall.

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Ordered an A2Z EV adaptor today... My Invoice indicates: "Orders take around 10 to 15 business days to ship as we have an important volume of orders"

I'm not holding my breath, but I'll update when it arrives.
it’s very accurate…I’ve bought 4 of them…all in that same range except 1 that delivered earlier.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Unlikely as they don't have enough to give new buyers one at time of sale. That would be a priority for a company trying to make sales where charging is going to be the first question from a Buyer.

Ford people are out to September at least. GM won't have any until October for that part number I think.

Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Went from 49 percent to 73 percent while I ran into HyVee to use the restroom. Think I was gone 12 minutes.
How is the prostate? @Golfer04, thumbs up if it is good to go. Mine? 🤔. Slower

Medical humor is OK on NACS adapter update requests?

Last edited:

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
How is the prostate? @Golfer04, thumbs up if it is good to go. Mine? 🤔. Slower

Medical humor is OK on NACS adapter update requests?
😂😂 Most of the 12 minutes was the walk to and from. Prostate is ok.....so far. Tbh those jokes used to be funny. In last 60 days three of my friends diagnosed with prostate cancer😔

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
They are sending about 1000 adapters per month. Look at your VIN and you will be able to estimate when you will get it by dividing the VIN by 1000. That's how many months it will be.
Hopefully they have a better solution in the works than 1k per month. Even that may not happen, since only data point seems to be one batch sent out about a month ago of roughly 1k and nobody has heard anything since...it seems.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
They certainly will need a better plan than that. They probably have delivered north of 75k R1 vehicles at this point, that would be 75 months just for what is delivered already. Once they start the line again they will get to averaging 1k+ a week meaning every 4 weeks they fall 3 more months behind.

Not sure what their plan is but any delivery rate less than 5k a month would be too small to ever catch up until years after the NACS port starts coming on the delivered vehicles.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

That would mean that high number VINs would have their adapter about ten years from now. That seems pretty stupid on Rivian's part.

Brian
Sponsored