Sponsored

Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently?

rohobono

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR
Occupation
software
Been blowin Tesla's off the line regularly! E-tron is surprisingly fast. I have not been disappointed with its speed. It is a very fun car to driive.
I don't doubt it's fun to drive but until the 2023 S and RS models come out the fastest e-tron is barely faster than the slowest Tesla(5.8s 0-60 for the Model 3 sr+ vs. 5.5s on the e-tron with boost).
Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
I don't doubt it's fun to drive but until the 2023 S and RS models come out the fastest e-tron is barely faster than the slowest Tesla(5.8s 0-60 for the Model 3 sr+ vs. 5.5s on the e-tron with boost).
Which would seem to indicate that all those Teslas being "blown off the line" are just going about their daily business rather than engaging every vehicle that they happen to come across in a stoplight to stoplight drag race.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
So I could not wait any longer, so I sold my Tahoe and got a 2022 Audi e-tron Quattro earlier this week. After 3 1/2 years I don't really need a third row seat. So far, driving the e-tron is a blast and I love the fact that it has a great combination of on-screen control with traditional knobs/buttons. Audi's UI is fantastic and very intuitive. I will still wait for the R1S but I could not wait any longer to get into an EV.

I can't do the wagon/hatchback style that so many are going with, including Audi. Just make your regular cars electric silly manufacturers, it's SUPER easy. Etron = wagon style, Mach-e = wagon style, I just can't.
Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? 1659541193543

Rivian R1T R1S Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently? 1659542486607

Last edited:

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
Which would seem to indicate that all those Teslas being "blown off the line" are just going about their daily business rather than engaging every vehicle that they happen to come across in a stoplight to stoplight drag race.
100% - not sure what this obsession of 0-60 is? The e-tron is plenty fast and I have no issues passing cars if needed. The zip is there. Anyone wanting superfast speeds is probably not looking at EVs anyway.

rohobono

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR
Occupation
software
100% - not sure what this obsession of 0-60 is? The e-tron is plenty fast and I have no issues passing cars if needed. The zip is there. Anyone wanting superfast speeds is probably not looking at EVs anyway.
I think the 0-60 is just an easy way to demonstrate acceleration capability, we could also compare horsepower and torque but those values typically have less meaning to the average person.

For sure, the e-tron is plenty fast for most, I liked the interior and ride quality more than Tesla's too. But for me the acceleration difference was very noticeable and part of the reason I chose the Tesla over the Audi. Since Athena was asking specifically about how it compared to a Tesla I just wanted to clarify that most Tesla models are quite a bit quicker than the e-tron.

Sponsored

jcornish

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E550
I know that some of the early pre-order holders heard from guides several months ago, but I'm curious to know as we come close to the first 'new delivery dates' (August/September) if anyone has actually heard from guides about there R1S delivery?

Note this is for R1S, not for R1T.
I placed my order Dec 3, 2018 and have heard nothing. I did choose the OC interior and I'm suspecting that's the issue with the delay... I hope that's the issue!

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Counselor
I have an email out to my Guide about SoCal R1S deliveries and will update when I hear back. From what I can tell, current R1S deliveries are for the 20" tires and underbody shield. I suspect, and hope to confirm, that my Oct-Dec window is because I have 22s and no underbody shield.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I placed my order Dec 3, 2018 and have heard nothing. I did choose the OC interior and I'm suspecting that's the issue with the delay... I hope that's the issue!
Let's work the phones....

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
...From what I can tell, current R1S deliveries are for the 20" tires and underbody shield...
I have to wonder how much the lack of trusted communications plays into this. As members on this forum (true, a subset of early orders) chase the configuration that they think will get built...Rivian may see that and think "hey, demand is for X let's build that" and deprioritize other options.

There's a phenomenon called "audience capture" - "a self-reinforcing feedback loop that involves telling one's audience what they want to hear and getting rewarded for it." This isn't that, but it does seem like there could be a feedback loop that rewards trying to guess what Rivian is doing.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I have an email out to my Guide about SoCal R1S deliveries and will update when I hear back. From what I can tell, current R1S deliveries are for the 20" tires and underbody shield. I suspect, and hope to confirm, that my Oct-Dec window is because I have 22s and no underbody shield.
I am also in SoCal and my Guide told me the same thing. Trying to decide if O should add the underbody shield.

Sponsored

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Counselor
I have to wonder how much the lack of trusted communications plays into this. As members on this forum (true, a subset of early orders) chase the configuration that they think will get built...Rivian may see that and think "hey, demand is for X let's build that" and deprioritize other options.

There's a phenomenon called "audience capture" - "a self-reinforcing feedback loop that involves telling one's audience what they want to hear and getting rewarded for it." This isn't that, but it does seem like there could be a feedback loop that rewards trying to guess what Rivian is doing.
Actually not trying to "guess" anything at all. Just reading the postings of those that are receiving R1S deliveries and there is a common fact pattern. As a result, I have reached out to my Guide to avoid any guessing game. I am not going to change my configuration, so just want to get a sense for whether my current window of Oct.-Dec. will hold or not.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Actually not trying to "guess" anything at all. Just reading the postings of those that are receiving R1S deliveries and there is a common fact pattern. As a result, I have reached out to my Guide to avoid any guessing game. I am not going to change my configuration, so just want to get a sense for whether my current window of Oct.-Dec. will hold or not.
thanks for keeping us posted! I think this happened with the first R1T deliveries too.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback
Nubie question. If you don't hear from a Guide, how are folks learning/determining their delivery window?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Nubie question. If you don't hear from a Guide, how are folks learning/determining their delivery window?
Long term preorder holders got delivery windows updated this past June. It has been said that by the end of the supper there should be a projected delivery window on your account. No guarantee on that because the original target was early this year but at least we know it is still being planned to be added.

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
I am also in SoCal and my Guide told me the same thing. Trying to decide if O should add the underbody shield.
I pinged my guide specifically about this (i.e. "if i add underbody shield, will it accelerate my delivery window") but she did not confirm this. It could very well be that they made a batch with it and then will follow with another batch without it, to test their line and variations on the line. So my suspicion is that adding it to your config may cause more problems or potential delays than it's worth. At least that's what I'm telling myself ;).
Sponsored