Sponsored

Any R1S pre-orders hear from guides recently?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

That's a very interesting piece of information. That would strongly suggest that the first customer deliveries would be more in the September time frame vs August
id be surprised if real customer deliveries happen in August. they have barely started rolling out deliveries of the R1S to employees. we know thats going to take time and they probably want to gather feedback like they did with the R1T. i think it's optimistic to see them happen in September tbh. won't surprise me if they Aug/Sep windows get pushed back to Sep/Oct and those deliveries actually start in Oct.
Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I met my Guide in April but Guide has only been in touch to let me know I should hear more later in the summer…

bummer…
Did you receive the updated delivery email?

OP
OP
rivianguy

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
id be surprised if real customer deliveries happen in August. they have barely started rolling out deliveries of the R1S to employees. we know thats going to take time and they probably want to gather feedback like they did with the R1T. i think it's optimistic to see them happen in September tbh. won't surprise me if they Aug/Sep windows get pushed back to Sep/Oct and those deliveries actually start in Oct.
I read the actual Facebook post Comments and it looks like she's getting it in a few days.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Did you receive the updated delivery email?
Negative. Still in limbo. My guide made efforts to learn my status but only said I’d learn later in the summer.

OP
OP
rivianguy

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Negative. Still in limbo. My guide made efforts to learn my status but only said I’d learn later in the summer.
That's weird. There is nothing in your configuration that triggers a delay as far as I'm aware. You might want to reach out again as I believe you should have an updated delivery window based on your pre order date and configuration. Unless you live in a non serviced area

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
That's weird. There is nothing in your configuration that triggers a delay as far as I'm aware. You might want to reach out again as I believe you should have an updated delivery window based on your pre order date and configuration. Unless you live in a non serviced area
Yah. I’ve lost track of the angles I’ve taken reaching out to my guide and CS on this. I’m kinda over the whole Rivian thing at this point TBH, especially since Land Rover has been requesting feedback on EV production.

My wife suggested to just wait and they’ll probably get to me eventually. 🤣 She’s not wrong…

Ace141

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X7
I emailed with my Guide last week. He believes I'm on track for the updated delivery window of August / September. We shall see.
I'm in the same boat.

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
Had a May '22 delivery date and then pushed to Oct-Dec.

No contact with my Guide since June. She apologized for communication issues but had no further information. Same with customer service. Both basically said no new information on windows as of June.

Last week I attended the R1S preview event in Venice. I spoke to several Rivian folks on hand, including some responsible for deliveries, and got the same story. The line that came up the most was "we are still hoping to deliver R1S's to customers in 2022." I think they were programmed to give that information out, and only that information out.

They had a green and blue R1S on hand. They looked great. The event was better than the R1T event at same location because less people were invited.

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
BTW I did stop by the Porsche dealer on my way home to take a look at the Taycan Cross Turismo. Cool car but too low to the ground and the cabin interior is quite cramped. I've decided to scratch this alternative off the list. The MSRP on that car was $125K but the dealer says if you want that car you have to pay $20K extra!

Also no one is immune from supply chain problems. The Porsche dealer had 2 cross turismo's in stock that they could not sell because they are waiting on parts to complete the builds. Crazy times still.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

When has Rivian ever delivered anything at the beginning of a stated window?
My window was April-May and I got my truck on March 28th :(

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Because technically it wasn't at the start of the window
Well, true, but delivering early is almost always a welcome surprise.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I read the actual Facebook post Comments and it looks like she's getting it in a few days.
she said her husband works Rivian so its really an employee delivery

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
she said her husband works Rivian so its really an employee delivery
But at least progress on the delivery front (regardless of whether an employee or not). The sooner they are delivering them to employees (more than a couple to key early employees) the sooner they will be getting whatever feedback they need to proceed with non-employee deliveries.
Sponsored