Sponsored

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
A lot of good that did the stock price today. Hopefully they'll issue downgrades tomorrow so it goes back up:rolleyes:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
i have little faith in what ANALysts predict in the tech market (Yes I consider Rivian overall a tech stock, feel free to disagree).

In 2022 ANALysts were predicting for 2023, a 30% increase in NVDA with a target of $203. NVDA hit a high of $480, closed today at $442.

I’m not saying RIVN is the next NVDA at all, just saying the ANALysts are pretty clueless despite their expertise.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
A lot of good that did the stock price today. Hopefully they'll issue downgrades tomorrow so it goes back up:rolleyes:
Rivian is a short term highly volatile stock, because of all the speculative activities on it. Eg short interest is near 14%, which is high. Day to day, ignore the noise.

Yesterday’s earnings were great

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Entire market got spook because a bunch of banks got down graded. Ironically, it’s the banks who are stingy with target price predictions. F’ing banks.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
i have little faith in what ANALysts predict in the tech market (Yes I consider Rivian overall a tech stock, feel free to disagree).

In 2022 ANALysts were predicting for 2023, a 30% increase in NVDA with a target of $203. NVDA hit a high of $480, closed today at $442.

I’m not saying RIVN is the next NVDA at all, just saying the ANALysts are pretty clueless despite their expertise.
Analysts also predicted “demand problems” just before Model Y became global best seller. And again when Tesla had a monster of a quarter. They are no more experts than fortune tellers. They just have diplomas and titles that give them impression of credibility.

docwhiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S LR (2022), Land Rover Discovery 2
Occupation
Retired
Analysts also predicted “demand problems” just before Model Y became global best seller. And again when Tesla had a monster of a quarter. They are no more experts than fortune tellers. They just have diplomas and titles that give them impression of credibility.
I wouldn't pay much attention to the Wall Street analysts. They are generally clueless and have a herd mentality.
I've followed Tesla stock for a long time and the analysts have been wrong most of the time.
RIVN is still in a fragile startup phase. Things are looking good but they are still losing lots of money and need to make substantial investments. I hope they do make it but until then, it will be a bumpy ride.

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law
Rivian is a short term highly volatile stock, because of all the speculative activities on it. Eg short interest is near 14%, which is high. Day to day, ignore the noise.

Yesterday’s earnings were great
Agreed! I'm still long on RIVN for the long term (avg cost 15.97) and will be adding more if it dips below 20 again.

Sponsored

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I wouldn't pay much attention to the Wall Street analysts. They are generally clueless and have a herd mentality.
I've followed Tesla stock for a long time and the analysts have been wrong most of the time.
RIVN is still in a fragile startup phase. Things are looking good but they are still losing lots of money and need to make substantial investments. I hope they do make it but until then, it will be a bumpy ride.
I've been following Tesla since they launched serial production of Model S. None of the attacks on Rivian thus far are original. I'd say Rivian is doing better than when Tesla was at the same stage (and launching/ramping under more challenging circumstances). The market has no long-term memory.

TSLA shares is how I paid for my R1T out-right. #irony

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Man, those targets are all over the place.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Market is in a pretty volatile/seasonally weak period right now. My guess is RIVN is much higher by end of year.
Yup. The summer doldrums. There will probably be a rally of sorts towards the holidays... then election year shenanigans.
Sponsored