First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
By slightly larger diameter, the difference in radius is only 0.1 inch. I agree there is no guarantee that it will fit but I think the odds of the OEM tire having less than 0.1" of clearance is pretty small.

In any case I am sure that someone will measure the clearances long before the vast majority of us get our vehicles.
0.1 inch? Just have it shaved off. :D You lose a few thousand miles, lol.
Rivian R1T R1S All Terrain Tires on 22" Wheels? 1642735356428

Rivian R1T R1S All Terrain Tires on 22" Wheels? 1642735588033
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Zoidz,

For a second, I thought you totally lost your mind! Squinting, and without my glasses, I thought you were advocating for shaving the tires down, taking all that scrap rubber, and burning it sll in one of those "Smokeless" stoves. I thought, "WTF!" ?

It was only after finding my glasses and looking at my phone again that I figured out it was just an ad for Solo stoves below your pictures.

Carry on! ??

Rivian R1T R1S All Terrain Tires on 22" Wheels? 20220120_195912

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Zoidz,

For a second, I thought you totally lost your mind! Squinting, and without my glasses, I thought you were advocating for shaving the tires down, taking all that scrap rubber, and burning it sll in one of those "Smokeless" stoves. I thought, "WTF!" ?

It was only after finding my glasses and looking at my phone again that I figured out it was just an ad for Solo stoves below your pictures.

Carry on! ??

20220120_195912.jpg
Wonder if my smokeless fire pit would be smokeless with tire rubber. I'm not about to find out though.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Wonder if my smokeless fire pit would be smokeless with tire rubber. I'm not about to find out though.
I got the Bonfire (middle-sized) version for Christmas to haul around in the Rivian to campsites. If you ever see me resorting to shaving my tires for burning material to keep warm, please feel free to end my misery for me..... ??

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I got the Bonfire (middle-sized) version for Christmas to haul around in the Rivian to campsites. If you ever see me resorting to shaving my tires for burning material to keep warm, please feel free to end my misery for me..... ??
Free Rivian? I might take you up on that.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Free Rivian? I might take you up on that.
I've got eyes in the back of my head. Tread lightly.... and don't forget to make the payments....

Last edited:

RDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Is there any more info on this set up? Haven’t seen it anywhere besides this post.
I do not remember where I found it, maybe the Rivian photos thread. I was surprised that there was not more interest/questions as I would think that set up would be a decent fit for some people….

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Best fire pit ever! I’ve had mine for 3 years now and I use it all the time. Sorry off topic.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Best fire pit ever! I’ve had mine for 3 years now and I use it all the time. Sorry off topic.
No need to apologize, I'm just glad to hear you love yours! I just ordered up some parts (lid, their new heat-deflector, shield, cover). Stupidly expensive stuff, but really looking forward to having it along for camping trips, especially not during the Summer or other dry periods. Luckily, we get plenty of really wet, fairly windless stretches during the year here in the PNW. After what all of you went through in Colorado recently, even the Winter is not always a safe time to burn.

Even with spark guards, they're not allowed in a ton of places around here, and for good reason. I don't want to be that guy. ???

Thanks again for the great feedback!

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
New possibility this year from Nokian : the Outpost AT in 285/45 R22. Approved rims 9 to 10.5 inches.

Service descriptions are very close: 114H XL for the Nokian and 115H XL for the RIV Scorpion Zero.

Can anyone find the exact section width and diameter for the OEM Pirelli in 275/50 R22…It seems the info is N/A on websites. I cannot find a Pirelli PDF catalogue which has it.
Still, comparing with similar Pirelli tire lets me think it should be a pretty good match:

Scorpion AS plus 3: 40lbs. On 8.5 rim: 11.2 inches wide, 32.9 diameter

Outpost AT: 40.3 lbs. On 9.5 rim: 11.2 inches wide, 32.1 diameter

It just came out, no reviews yet…
Sponsored