First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Retired
I suspect this is a setting however when I asked Alexa for navigation her responses I can’t get your exact location. Is there a setting somewhere that shows my location in the onboard Alexis app?
Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Same thing here. She had ONE JOB... Ended up just turning her off and typing a search in the Nav which seems to give me a different voice for guidance. Never liked Alexa, Cortana, Siri, Google Ass garbage listening anyway.

simpsonhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Model S Plaid
Rivian really dropped the ball with voice control.

You'll need to log in to your Amazon/Alexa account to use most voice commands. For whatever lame reason, Alexa in the car can't get its location unless you log in to your account. I guess Amazon wants to know everywhere you go and everything you do in the car.

It keeps logging me out of my Alexa account so I have to log back in so I gave up. There are only a few commands you can use without logging in (like turning on the steering wheel heat).

Tesla does a far, far better job with their voice commands—and no need to sign in to a 3rd-party application that's mining all your information.

OP
OP

Billofaustin2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Retired
Same thing here. She had ONE JOB... Ended up just turning her off and typing a search in the Nav which seems to give me a different voice for guidance. Never liked Alexa, Cortana, Siri, Google Ass garbage listening anyway.
infigured it out. Go to settings/Amazon alexa/ and select location while using. I did not have this turned on.

Reactions: VSG

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Cool thanks

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
For whatever lame reason, Alexa in the car can't get its location unless you log in to your account.
Not lame at all. It's all about privacy. You have to OPT-IN to location tracking. That's the way it should be.
Sponsored