Sponsored

Adventure vs Explore Trim - can't decide

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Which trim are you choosing, Adventure or Explore? Main differences are sound system, wood vs non-wood interior finishes, ventilated vs non-ventilated seats, headliner materials and chilewich floor mats. I know there are some other smaller, more aesthetic differences but wanted to focus on the bigger differences. I keep going back and forth between the two and just not sure its worth the extra $5,500 for Adventure. What trim are you choosing and why?
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

LE (Adventure+).
1. Love it! (for all the goodies you pointed out, and then some.)
2. FOMO

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Ventilated Seats and the roll-up tonneau for the R1T has me with adventure for now. The sound system will be a perk. I don't really care about the rest of it tbh.

My wife and I are tossing around the idea of getting an R1S, and would probably lean to the explorer package with it personally.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Which trim are you choosing, Adventure or Explore? Main differences are sound system, wood vs non-wood interior finishes, ventilated vs non-ventilated seats, headliner materials and chilewich floor mats. I know there are some other smaller, more aesthetic differences but wanted to focus on the bigger differences. I keep going back and forth between the two and just not sure its worth the extra $5,500 for Adventure. What trim are you choosing and why?
Also, manual vs powered Tonneau cover & Gear Guard.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
After a quick glance at the comparison table I knew Adventure was the only way I could go. Ventilated seats are a requirement, for me. Upgraded audio system is also a requirement. Nicer interior also is a big deal to me. The rest (like tonneau cover) were "nice to haves" but not required... Although now the idea of the tonneau is growing on me.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I was pretty torn as well, but ultimately decided to upgrade for the ventilated seats audio and tonneau cover.

I went with black interior, but I enjoy high contrast designs. I kind of wish you could get the lighter grain wood in the black interior. I'm hoping the trim pieces aren't integrated into the dash and that at some point there will be trim pieces sold separately for customization.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Also notable for those with launch editions is that adventure package is a requirement so choosing explore package would presumably delay your delivery substantially.
I'm going all the way with the adventure package, off road underbody/ tow hooks on a LE in launch green with the forest interior. FOMO is real.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
I went with the explore edition. Black Ext / Black int. I'm good with the manual tonneau cover and i'm sure the audio will be plenty good, would like ventilated seats, but never had them and i wont miss them. Will be getting heated steering wheel - so that's a plus from where i am (2017 Ridgeline).

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Explore R1T (LE) here. I generally go with the higher option packages. No need to change now.

BWillR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Audi Q7
Occupation
Construction Executive
Clubs

Main drivers for me are ventilated seats and definitely the powered tonneau. I prefer to not have to stick the manual cover panels in the gear tunnel (I know they “could” go elsewhere) and have them taking up space. Plus, I want my truck ASAP so LE it is.

Sponsored

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Explorer here, for the 5k saving I'm able to get the 2k off road upgrade, 20inch off road wheels, spare tire, charger, all weather mats, first aid kit, and air compressor kit for around same price as the adventure trim. The only things I'm going to miss are the powered tonneau and sound system. Hoping they sell the Bluetooth speaker/lantern separately. But I am worried this will delay my build. Wouldn't be surprised if the adventures are next up after the LE are delivered.

Last edited:

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

R1S explore w/ off road protection here. I think that the value of the adventure package is much greater on the R1T than the R1S. Seems with the off-road protection/tow hook removed from the adventure package, the upgrades on R1S are all interior luxury items that I just don’t need. Coming from a 2001 land cruiser, the explore trim is going to be quite the upgrade already.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I hope you meant Adventure...
Correct. I get them confused. The names really aren’t very differentiating or descriptive of the differences.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
LE configured for now.
Stereo upgrade has no real value to us.
Powered Tonneau is one more thing to break
Perforated seats are in the con column, but the Explore package appears to have them as well - just without the fan trying to blow air thru them.
The real value to us in the LE is not the adventure vs explore, but potentially the free wheel upgrade. But depending on range for the different options, the default 21s may be the best choice.
Very real possibility configuration will get changed to (Max Pack?) Explore if we decide on the 21s. Won't know until we see them in person, test drive with the different tires, and get the EPA ratings
Sponsored