Sponsored

39.1 OTA bugs (compressor, audio controls, etc.)

OP
OP

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Anyone notice different AC charging behavior. I used to have a fair amount of fan noise and other noise when I kicked off charging. Some rev up sounds even. Now mine is eerily quiet. And unfortunately, my breaker has tripped twice.

I am on 39.1 and getting 39.3 pushed as a response to my ticket asking about the charging.
Seen a general decline in activity/noise over the months with updates. Keep in mind that recently temps are starting to drop so that could be a factor as well holding everything else constant. I haven't specifically noticed a change with this month's update on that front. The summary statistics have showed a drop to cabin/battery conditioning values for 2-3 months now.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

It fixed mine. You can try a soft reset and it may correct it.
Well, the buttons stopped working again during the same driving session. I think it's ticket time.

OP
OP

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Well, the buttons stopped working again during the same driving session. I think it's ticket time.
That's what mine did on .1 and hasn't come back since .3.

kroderman

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor
Same issue here. No more pause or track switch from the wheel after the last update and soft reset did not help. Do they not test these kind of things before they do a release?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
For what it's worth for everyone, the .3 update fixed mine, but I then had one time shortly after when I noticed it was off again while showing someone the truck. I checked later and it was back again.
I filed a service request and about 2 hours later got the .3 update notification for my truck. Updating it right now, hopefully that fixes it for me as well.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Same issue here. No more pause or track switch from the wheel after the last update and soft reset did not help. Do they not test these kind of things before they do a release?
Not sure about testing, but just talked to Rivian Support who advised a hard reset. Did that and it's working again 🤞

They said if it stops working again, call them and they'll diagnose.

I also noticed a new Hard Reset feature of it logging and uploading logs, couldn't take a pic as I was on the phone.

kroderman

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor
Not sure about testing, but just talked to Rivian Support who advised a hard reset. Did that and it's working again 🤞

They said if it stops working again, call them and they'll diagnose.

I also noticed a new Hard Reset feature of it logging and uploading logs, couldn't take a pic as I was on the phone.
Thanks, that did it! Hopefully it won't revert back. Thanks.

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Just noticed that my compressor wasn't working either with 39.1. Of course I only noticed it because I got a low tire pressure warning and needed to use it...first time and no dice. Called support and they said they would push the patch within 20 minutes. Today I still didn't have it, so I called back in and they said that due to the large number of vehicles that needed it they were batching it out and I should get it tomorrow....FYI

garofolope

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500, GMC Acadia
I call service today about the air compressor and she put in a ticket for it. Said it could be up to 48 hours for service to push me an update. 45 mins later the update is downloading! Way to go Rivian!

Sponsored

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Took them more than a few days to send out the update, but finally got it and the compressor is back to life.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
When I press left and right on the steering wheel buttons while listening to the radio, it just seeks to the next station, and not between my saved presets like it used to do.
I have this same issue, but I haven't seen it reported much.

Is it only impacting some part of the fleet? Or is FM radio use just really low among Rivian owners?

Shawnkaplan00

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
TechSales
Yup. Got cold out. So I tried using my compressor for the first time but it was dead. Called service. Very good service call. Immmediately said it’s a known bug and they would push me an update within 48hrs. I’m 24 in but haven’t seen it yet.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Yup. Got cold out. So I tried using my compressor for the first time but it was dead. Called service. Very good service call. Immmediately said it’s a known bug and they would push me an update within 48hrs. I’m 24 in but haven’t seen it yet.
It took awhile for me since it was a weekend, about 72 hours before my update showed up.
Sponsored